just letting go - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-30-2003, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where to begin and What to say....I am about 3 1/2 to 8 1/2 weeks from my due date. ( 3 1/2 being 37 weeks and 81/2 being 42 weeks..) We are once again planning a homebirth, although the first did not go as planned and after 20 hours we transported only to spend another 20 hours laboring before birth. Almost every day I do affirmations about what my homebirth will be and what is was last time, and now why it wont be what it was last time. I am doing my yoga almost daily and I feel great. I have opted to give hypno birthing an honest shot and do feel confident in its worth for me and my birth. So here I am close to my date and I feel very empty about it. I dont necessarily feel scarred, I do not really feel anxious or over excited. I know that the end result is so amazing and worth anything that may or may not happen in my birth so I actually also feel confident too. I guess that I am slightly nervous still but I do not want to be. I dont know why I am even writing this because it seems to be going nowhere, kinda like my last birth. HA HA lol! I take every day in stride and just play the waiting game. WHen will it happen , and when will it truly start to be active? That is all for now ds is calling hope that i havent taken up to much of your time.
#2 of 7 Old 01-30-2003, 05:27 PM

I hope you have the birth of your dreams!
#3 of 7 Old 01-30-2003, 09:49 PM

I know hypnobirthing thinks this is heresey - but I want to tell you: It's Okay - in fact, it's GOOD to be nervous! Or worried, or scared!
"Worry is the work of pregnancy" - Birthing From Within.
My question for you is: What one thing/quality do you wan to bring/be at this child's birth?
Now do it now! Don't wait - don't think that it will just magically appear when you go into labor, when the heat is on.
Dig deep and go for it.

Love to your journey.
#4 of 7 Old 02-01-2003, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your responses! I think the one thing I want for this birth is peace and calm!
#5 of 7 Old 02-01-2003, 12:20 PM

Dear Friends:

My parents did childbirth w/ hypnosis in the 50's, 60's, and 70's.

At home UC's, w/ a recording of Emil Franchel putting the listener into a deep sleep.

Hope it helps you to know that others have done it before successfully.
#6 of 7 Old 02-01-2003, 06:09 PM

O.k. So what does peace and calm look like for you?
Do you see it?

Take a minute and note where you feel that in your body.

Now, if peace and calm mean candles, quiet, birth-goddessy meditation, - you know what I mean, notice that. What is your belief about that? How would you birth without it?
I'm not saying you won't have those things, but I am saying it's possible.

And it's possible that peace and calm are something you manifest regardless of your surroundings, right? And if you want that in your birth, do it NOW. How are you being calm and peaceful - right now? Practice seeing how you do/be that in this moment. All the time.
That's what I mean by before the heat is really on in labor. So you'll just fall into it. Notice all the ways you are peace and calm (this gets really fun when you don'f "feel" it, right now, when the someone cuts in front of you at the check-out stand, or is rude to you or whatever - look for it then.).

ENJOY!
#7 of 7 Old 02-03-2003, 05:40 PM

You'll have the birth you want. Envision it!

You are WOMAN- you can do it!

Breathe!

Francine

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page