Birth Plans - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-14-2002, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just realised today that I haven't started working on my birth plan and am due in two weeks. I have my old one from last time but wanted to make a few changes to it.

Does anyone have any ideas for a birth plan for things that might not get thought of, or aren't as common?

We're planning a home waterbirth. Last time we planned a homebirth but got transfered to the hospital last minute due to complications.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-15-2002, 11:13 AM

I focused a lot on the baby afterward in my birth plan, in case of transfer, since we had a homebirth as well. I asked that the baby stay with us, that the baby never left the sight of at least one of us, (including my mil or sil, since they would have been with us.). I asked for no supplements, and no medical procedures without our express consent, (unless it was an absolute empergency). I heard of horror stories like circumcisions that were strictly against the parents wishes.

Also I asked for no drops in the eyes. You can have that waived, just make sure your midwife brings a form for you to sign.

Do you have a don't cut the cord until it stops pulsing (unless emergency)? No "milking" the cord. No shot of pitocin to speed up 3rd stage (explusion of placenta?)

Hope these start the ball rolling

Karen
#3 of 3 Old 01-18-2002, 03:22 AM

We have basically used the same birth plan for the last four babies, with a few small changes. I put it on line at http://www.geocities.com/~plomp/tarabp.htm

Hope that helps you.
Have a great birth!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page