Ordered my pool - woohoo! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-13-2006, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, just wanted to share... I am 33 weeks and got my fishy pool ordered finally. Went with this one http://www.qualityinflatables.com/56493.html but had to get it elsewhere because that site is sold out of them (and has been for at least a month). I almost balked because the site I ordered from had it for $5 more and then shipping & handling was $18 (!!!) so the dang thing ended up costing me like $44 total, but then I really didn't want to compromise on the depth (it's 25") and everything else I found was 22" at the highest.

Anyhoo, in the end I decided that if I was in labor and the water was not covering that last two inches or so of belly but I really wanted it to, I would be all distracted and cursing myself AND be thinking "that extra $10 or $20 or whatever would SO have been worth it!!" so I just went for it.

In any case I'm pretty jazzed! Now I'm off to look at birth kit stuff...
#2 of 10 Old 08-13-2006, 08:59 PM

How exciting!!

I remember that feeling when I ordered my pools (had to get a new one for #4 because someone stored the first one in the shed )! Just wait until it comes and you get it out to blow it up!
#3 of 10 Old 08-13-2006, 10:39 PM

Ooooo, how fun! I loved getting all the birthing stuff together. Now I have all the stuff and am waiting on the babe!

I bet you're right about the depth, too. I would have done the same thing if I was in labor and the tub wasn't deep enough!
#4 of 10 Old 08-18-2006, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi_m
I am 33 weeks and got my fishy pool ordered finally. Went with this one http://www.qualityinflatables.com/56493.html but had to get it elsewhere because that site is sold out of them

Could you please tell me where you got your pool? I have my heart set on the same one, but haven't been able to find it in-stock anywhere on the web for the past several weeks. I am kicking myself for not ordering it months ago! Thanks so much!
#5 of 10 Old 08-18-2006, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Here ya go:

http://www.brandsonsale.com/itx-56493.html

It's on sale for $24.95, but with shipping it cost me $43.67.

#6 of 10 Old 08-19-2006, 01:03 PM

you must have gotten the pool from the same place i got mine!!! i almost had a fit when it came to $43.... but i figured that maybe it would have been similar from quality inflatables......
did you blow it up yeT? ours is all blown up...... i can't wait to use it!! amy
#7 of 10 Old 08-19-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks so much. I am really excited to be able to get this specific pool. I guess I was searching too specifically when I tried "Intex Hexagon Ocean Reef Inflatable Pool" and missed this website.
#8 of 10 Old 08-21-2006, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, my pool arrived today via UPS... not too bad for shipping time, it was really pretty quick!

We live in a 950 sq ft house that is WAY stuffed to the gills as it is, so I am not planning to blow it up right away. It's really not even tempting since there is literally NOWHERE to put it. I am just at 34 wks this week, and my first baby was three days "early" (although the OB stripped my membranes so who knows when she might have come on her own?) and my second was a week "late" so I figure I might wait til like 38 weeks or something. My mw does have pools for me to use so I don't have the fear of blowing it up and then having nothing if it had a leak or something.

Sure is nice to have it though! Did y'all order/get yours yet - Lindsay and myloveelli?
#9 of 10 Old 09-06-2006, 02:51 PM

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#10 of 10 Old 09-07-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Here ya go:

http://www.brandsonsale.com/itx-56493.html

It's on sale for $24.95, but with shipping it cost me $43.67.

You can get this pool at Toys R Us for $14.99 - $19.99.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page