Forum Jump: 

#271 of 280 Old 07-23-2011, 11:56 PM

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2w84it View Post

slightly OT, but why does the placenta have to be saved/examined?  

I don't have a midwife or anyone and am planning on a UC - do i need to save the placenta for anyone for any reason?

Not Sure exactly which Post you are referring to, but the Placenta needs to be examined after Delivery to be sure no pieces, including the sac, were left or broken off/still attached inside your body. That can lead to hemorrhaging. And Some people save the placenta for dehydrating, encapsulating or consuming in another way. There are GREAT benefits to Consuming the placenta, including Hormone and Mood stabilization, easing post-partum bleeding, and Breastmilk Production. Some people choose to save the placenta for sentimental reasons, (It Nourished your child for 9 Months!) and plant a tree with it in the ground below (It's a great garden fertilizer, but beware dogs or wild animals might sniff and dig it up.)

I just Tossed Mine. Didn't even Look at it. It was a Pain in the Ass to get out. Literally. My Midwife examined it, then I think she took it to dispose of...

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#272 of 280 Old 03-06-2013, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just came back to this thread to link it for someone and it hasn't been added to or bumped in a long while so... bump.gif

Summary on page 12

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#273 of 280 Old 03-09-2013, 11:24 AM

Wow. So happy I found this thread. Thanks everyone. :)

Single Mama to Vincent 3/30/09
#274 of 280 Old 06-15-2013, 10:31 PM

http://m.target.com/p/munchkin-baby-care-cart/-/A-10426131

Just bought this storage cart at Target for $25. Think it will be great for keeping all my homebirth supplies organized, and it can be used for the baby after the birth.

Alaina Nerine3/16/2011
Maddelyn Anne 10/14/2013

New arrival Coming soon!
#275 of 280 Old 06-21-2013, 01:17 PM

My midwives suggested the Depends panties for after-birth bleeding. I thought these were perfect - great coverage, no worries about leaks, and while they were somewhat bulky, they were nowhere nearly as bulky as the giant pads!

#276 of 280 Old 06-27-2013, 07:10 PM

What a great compilation!  Thank you for this list on p12!!

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

#277 of 280 Old 06-29-2013, 10:43 AM

Subbing! I've only gotten through 4 pages, but this is a great list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamama View Post

a LITTLE BOTTLE OF OLIVE OIL to rub on newborn butt makes mid night meconnium poos real easy to clean. Anytime meconnium poos for that matter. My mw asked me 5x if I had one and she was right it made those first changes much easier.

I have to second this one! My mw suggested this, and we forgot for one diaper change and instantly knew why she had told us to use it every time for meconnium! That stuff is so sticky but with the olive oil it just wipes right off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurnur View Post

lots of dark colored panties stashed in the bathroom, I also tried some different ways to pee so it wouldn't sting, holding a emptied toliet paper roll around my uretha helped keep the pee stream from touching my ouchy labia tears...which you may not have to deal with! honey slathered on felt good too so I had a little dish of honey stashed in the bathroom too. Anyone else heard of HONEY for tears and healing? My MW suggested this and we just thought that was really looney, but it worked wonders!

Thank you for this! I've never truly torn but I've had those "skid marks" on my labia all three times. I will definitely remember this.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#278 of 280 Old 06-29-2013, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

TrishWSU there's a complete compilation on page 12 if ya missed that memo thumb.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#279 of 280 Old 07-12-2013, 01:27 PM

subbing :) Planning our first birth and first home birth for November...

#280 of 280 Old 08-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Birth pool at In His Hands Birth Supply. 100$ but worth it for the size and handles! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page