?? for those who have the electra, round or hexagon pools - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 02-07-2007, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know there is a sticky up, but I can't find an answer to this question. I would like to get the deepest pool possible, and I know typically on pools, there is a fill line. Can any of you tell me how high the fill lines are for these 3 pools? I know that the height of these pools is 22, 23 and 25 inches respectively, but I don't assume that when filled with water the water depth is that high.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate any help.
Martha
#2 of 21 Old 02-07-2007, 04:19 PM

Somewhere, somebody posted (or I read on the pool info) that the listed capacity was considered 80% full.....
Maybe that will help?!

Lynisha ~Car Seat Tech-Scrapbookin'-Cake Decorating-semi-crunchy wife & SAHM to 2 + one on the way in Nov~

#3 of 21 Old 02-07-2007, 04:26 PM

Ok, I found it. It's on the Aquarium Inflatable Pool from Brands on Sale ( http://www.brandsonsale.com/itx-58480.html )
5 Ft Diameter x 22" High Inflated
106 Gallon Water Capacity at 80% Full

Lynisha ~Car Seat Tech-Scrapbookin'-Cake Decorating-semi-crunchy wife & SAHM to 2 + one on the way in Nov~

#4 of 21 Old 02-07-2007, 04:42 PM

I don't know, but I highly recommend the electra pool over the fishy pool, much sturdier sides and more comfortable inflated bottom without a rim.
#5 of 21 Old 02-07-2007, 05:59 PM

I believe the volume capacities quoted are 80% for all models.

The difference between each of them is really negligible. You have to remember the water displacement can be slightly higher for someone who is large and heavy vs. a smaller woman. It's also going to depend on how close to the top you fill it. They will all cover over your belly up to your boobs.

Get the pool you want, or the pool you can afford. Any of them will do the trick nicely!
#6 of 21 Old 02-09-2007, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the information. I was about to order the electra, but my midwife thought I needed the hexagon because of the height difference. I am 5' 8" and she said with my height I would need the extra inches. So, I thought I would ask you all. Thanks again.

Martha
#7 of 21 Old 02-09-2007, 06:12 PM

Martha, if it helps any, I am 5'9" and when I sit straight up in my pool (22"), the sides are about at my armpits. (almost a little above.)

#8 of 21 Old 02-09-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan&elishappymom View Post
Thanks everyone for the information. I was about to order the electra, but my midwife thought I needed the hexagon because of the height difference. I am 5' 8" and she said with my height I would need the extra inches. So, I thought I would ask you all. Thanks again.

Martha
I hope you have a LARGE water heater. I used the hexagon in my first birth and it didn't work out. It was too big for our water heater and we ran out of hot water LONG before it was filled deep enough to be of help. The hexagon pool is twice the capacity of the other pools. It's just not worth it to gain an extra inch of depth.

Make sure you turn your water heater WAAAY up. Good luck!
#9 of 21 Old 02-10-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan&elishappymom View Post

Martha
5'9 here and the electra worked great
#10 of 21 Old 02-11-2007, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

I know, I never considerded myself tall, but she seems to think so. Anyway, I measured my height sitting, squatting and on hands and knees. Hands and keens seems to be the only position that I may have coverage issues. Our hot water take is 40 gal and it is brand new. When it was installed it took 1.5 hours to heat to 160 degrees, so I figure when the time comes within 3 hours I can have 120 gallons at 160 degrees. My last birth was very very slow (36 hours from water breaking). So, hopefully it should work. Thanks everyone for all your help and information. I don't know what I would do without you all.

Martha
#11 of 21 Old 02-13-2007, 03:52 PM

I loved my Electra, I gave it to my doula after our last birth and we just got a fishy pool from my midwife and after blowing it up and sitting in it for a test I miss my Electra so I'm debating if I order one now if it will get here in time since the website says ships in 20-30 days (which would not work!).
I'm also trying to find one on the Swap boards (keeping fingers crossed) as I'm 37 weeks already!

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#12 of 21 Old 02-13-2007, 04:37 PM

I think the Electra link on the pool resources sticky shipps immediately.

ETA: Oops! I just checked; I guess not. It's out of season. Check Sports Authority's website.
#13 of 21 Old 02-13-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL View Post
I think the Electra link on the pool resources sticky shipps immediately.

ETA: Oops! I just checked; I guess not. It's out of season. Check Sports Authority's website.
I tried to contact the company in the link (shipstore) and they never got back to my messages (both email and phone) about if 20-30 days was an accurate ship time and if it made any difference if I picked expedited shipping etc. So, I tried to order from the inflatablestore since they were showing instock and found out they no longer carry them, of course after placing my order and waiting 7 days for them to let me know : I believe the round ones have been discontinued by the Sevylor (they do have a larger oval one). Sports Authority site doesn't have the round one anymore either I did find some instock on one of the waterbirth websites...can't remember the link, I will try to find it and come back and edit this post.

I would encourage you to get someone on the phone and make sure they can visually see it and that it has your name on it- I ended up with a fishy pool because I was worried that I wouldn't get it intime from the water birth site, and since I knew they had been discontinued, I was worried I would run into the same problem again. It's a shame they aren't making them anymore
#14 of 21 Old 02-14-2007, 12:04 AM

Stacie- Gosh that stinks about the discontinuation, I wrote to shipstore today about the dates for mailing too, sounds like it will take 20 days to get back to our emails too
I do have a fishy pool, so I can always use that. I know that shipstore says they don't charge you unless it has shipped so maybe I will try and place an order and put Urgent need by next week in the comments and see if they write back then. Wonder how hard it is to cancel an order? Thanks for your info!

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#15 of 21 Old 02-14-2007, 12:08 AM

Maybe try to find one on Ebay?
#16 of 21 Old 02-14-2007, 12:12 AM

LOL are you reading my computer? I did there aren't any there either. I did post on the TPISO board so keeping my fingers crossed maybe that will turn up something!

Maria

#17 of 21 Old 02-14-2007, 01:20 PM

I tried ebay too...no luck! Man, why are these being discontinued- there seems to be a HUGE demand for them, or maybe it's just our little home birthing community but still...

now that I know you're still looking, I will go check the other computer for the bookmark to the waterbirth site and pm you if/when I find it! I'll work on it this morning
#18 of 21 Old 02-14-2007, 02:02 PM

Thanks Stacie!

Maria

#19 of 21 Old 02-14-2007, 02:09 PM

The link to the waterbirth site is available in the sticky thread also.

Click on "La Bassine" and that will take you there. I think they also sell Sevylor Electras.

Also, I suspect the item has not been discontinued, but just may be out of season. The same thing happened last year with fishy pools. In about a month they will likely be in stock again.
#20 of 21 Old 02-14-2007, 02:11 PM

Here it is.

Electra

It looks like it's available.
#21 of 21 Old 02-14-2007, 08:06 PM

oops sorry forgot to come back and update my post but did pm her the link you provided above. Thank you so much for the sticky with all the great info- it helped me a TON!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page