Successful homebirth! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2007, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My homebirth baby is 2 weeks old today! She was my first vaginal birth and first homebirth. My first baby was born via c-section. I have to say homebirth is the way to go! Of course childbirth HURT and I swore immediately afterward I would never do it again but as I heal...you never know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 PM

congrats! my 2nd homebirth baby is 11 days old and although i've never had any other type of birth (so i cant compare), i swear that homebirthing is the greatest way to welcome a child to the world.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:08 PM

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:27 PM

my homebirther is eight weeks old and i agree-the only way to do it. and i too swore i would never do it again, but about two weeks ago i told my hubby i was ready for another!!

Legal Mama to TWO homebirthed, unschooled, unvaxed, cloth diapered, mei tei loving, still breastfeeding baby girl 1/14/07 and an intact 8 pound 10 ouncer baby boy 4/5/10.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations Instinctivemama!!!

Andrea mommy to G(2/97), S : (1/04), E & J (7/07)
Old 03-14-2007, 03:46 PM

congratulations!
I'm almost at the year mark and i've gotten to the point where "i might consider doing it again." Homebirth - definitely! Childbirth - maybe
Do you see a difference in you babies? I don't know the circumstances of your oldest but wondering if you noticed anything relating to they types of births?
Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Yep it hurts, but it's the best pain I've ever felt in my life. Definitely better through the vagina I think(though that's the only way I've done it)...

Congrats!

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollith View Post
Do you see a difference in you babies? I don't know the circumstances of your oldest but wondering if you noticed anything relating to they types of births?

Interesting question! My son (firstborn) was born into a brightly lit, cold operating room. I saw him after the nurse cleaned him and swaddled him then he was taken from my for about an hour. During that hour he was given a vit K shot and ethromycin despite my requests to wait on both of those. My son screamed the entire hour. To this day, 3.5 years later, my son still remembers and is emotional about that time away from me. Despite these circumstances my son was a very easy baby. He nursed well, slept decently and cried occasionally. Everyone said my next baby would be a terror because he was so easy.

Flash forward to two weeks ago. My daughter was born in my dark bedroom into a warm birth tub. She was in someone else's arms only for moments as I got in and out of the bath, etc. The only time I really remember her crying was when I was being sutured. It was just difficult to help her nurse while flat on my back and trying to pay attention to my wonderful midwife. After the birth I had 10 days of bedrest which was a real blessing. My daughter and I were together just resting and nursing. She too has been a dream baby. I think she has had an easier time due to how she came into the world and my own knowledge gained from having a baby already.

So I guess the answer is yes. The difference is subtle but I definitely relate it in part to the different birth experiences.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollith View Post
To the OP: CONGRATS!

And yes, I see a definite difference. My first dd was born in a hospital - 30 hours of intense pit labor and no pain drugs. She was a little sideways - I had 5 more minutes to get her out and then I was going to have a C/S - the team was watching in the room. She screamed for like an hour too like the pp's ds. She turned into a baby who was "intense" to say the least. She is **** very high needs as a toddler.

Dd#2 was born at home in the water after a very putzy 12 hour labor. She didn't even cry when she came out. She is the most mellow child and the happiest baby I have ever seen...

I truly attribute their personalities as being so different due to the way they came into the world. AP will obviously benefit both children, however it has made a significant difference to my dd#1 - she has blossomed into a much happier (though still intense) toddler.

Sorry for being OT...I am feeling nostalgic!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:04 PM

After my first initial cheer, my second thought was that I was done having babies My homebirthed son is now 6 weeks today & I am seriously considering another pregnancy-his was so delightful. Childbirth hurt, but tolerable at the same time.

My first was hospital with 43 hours start to finish, drugs & pit--very high needs baby--Second was homebirthed and very mellow. Interesting thought behind this. I wonder if there is research to back this up? What an interesting thesis this would make.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

User Tag List