My Birth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-16-2002, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First of all let me thank you for this thread. I've been wanting to write down my birht story and did'nt know where to do it at. On August 12th DH and I took a nap on our couch for about one hour. When we woke up I had mild back pain. I went upstairs and started cleaning our bedroom. At around four I noticed my first contraction. It was pretty mild. I'm not even sure how far apart they were. I was completely relaxed through each one. I think I told my DH around 5:00 pm. He decided it was time for him to read the Bradly Method. However I had already read up on the whole process. (My Dad stopped by they had just gotten home from their vacation) I told him that I was having contractions. I was doing laundry making sure the baby had clean cothes. At aroud nine we went for a walk. My contractions were still mild, but they were staring to be in my back. We walked to a friends house who just had a baby boy5 weeks earlier. We left there around 10:30 pm. At around 11:00 we decided to go to the hospital. I called my parents and A massage therapist. They all met us there. We arrived at the hospital at 12:00AM. It is a half hour away. The nurse hooked me up for the initial 20 min strip on rhe electronic fetal moniter. I told her " I'm not staying hooked up to this thing the whole night." The nurse also checked me, I was only at 2 cm. My Doctor came from home and takked to me. She said that she was glad that I came early since I was having back labor. She stayed with me for about half hour just talking to us. (She is a great Dr. The average length of my prenatals was 45 min. Plus I was guaranteed she'd be at my birth, not just whoever was on call.) I think that it was around 1:00 when she left. I can't finish this right now because my baby is crying. I'll edit it later.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page