anyone used the rubbermaid horse trough? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 04-13-2007, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I guess my mw loves horse troughs for water births.

She doesn't like the tub that are sold for waterbirth as they just don't offer enough support

She going to bring one for ours. Hopefull I will get to use it
#32 of 36 Old 04-13-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwherbs View Post
but I guess you could line the whole thing with foam and a pillow/some pillows on one side cover with a sheet that is light colored- because the tank lined but with no sheet is so black hard to see mec in the water or blood/amount of blood- with a sheet you can see.
Here's a link to a green one that's also available in white.

Stock tank
#33 of 36 Old 04-13-2007, 07:43 PM

I picked mine up from the last lady who used it, and I have to say...

It's awesome.

I'm about 6' tall, and I can see myself easily submerging as much as I would like. There is plenty of room for DH if I want/need him, I love the stability (I had no problem getting in or out, and standing up with those hard sides to grab onto was a piece of cake), and I feel really good about having it in a carpeted room - no worries about splashing out, spilling, and such.
#34 of 36 Old 04-14-2007, 04:18 AM

I used one last time. My mw dropped it off when I was 36 weeks. I loved it. I put pillows along the bottom of it and then put the plastick sheeting over the pillows so they didn't get wet. I'm 6'1'' and it was perfect for me.

I saw the link a few posts above about the green tub. Anyone else have links of other places to get them?

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#35 of 36 Old 04-14-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
I saw the link a few posts above about the green tub. Anyone else have links of other places to get them?
I posted three links in the resources sticky thread.
#36 of 36 Old 04-14-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mama View Post
I dont like the narrowness of them I like the fact that the pools are round so you have more mobility, also it very hard to see in them so even if you dont care for the midwife to be able to see your kids or your DH let alone picture wont be able to see with out a flashlight, which most mamas hate! I definitly prefer the fishy pool or best case aquadoula, However my husband likes to be in the tub with me when hes catching so the trough is pretty much out of the question, however I've been to about 3 births that occured in a trough.
The feed store we purchased our tub from offered troughs that were round, octagon shape, oval shape... So if a person preferred a round tub, it's entirely possible to do a horse trough and have it be round.

Why does your husband being in the tub with you rule out the trough?

(And really, I do know that everyone has their personal preferrence. I'm just curious.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page