Homebirthing in the Summer-Fall tribe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can we start one here. I am due mid September with Baby #3, but my 2nd birth and 2nd homebirth. Babe #1 was born from DP's body .

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
here here

Due end of September...baby most likely will have Oct birthday though (official EDD is ept. 26th!)

I am so excited and already making preparations in my mind This is my FIRST homebirth.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:31 PM

congrats to all the expectant moms...I am pretty new at posting. I am due to birth baby # 3 on Sept 2. This will be my first homebirth, 2nd vbac. I am excited.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:41 PM

Sounds like fun!

I'm due mid-October with my second. DD was a homebirth transfer. Hopefully this time we'll stay at home the whole time.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:12 PM

I'm not sure if I fall into this group or should wait for a Fall-Winter group. I am 7w4d and due 11/30.

This will be my first homebirth, third VBAC. My last biological baby so I want to enjoy every minute! This morning sickness is making that VERY hard, but in a few weeks hopefully this will fade away.

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
Old 04-16-2007, 11:32 PM

me too!
we are planning our second homebirth (our daughter is just four) for sometime in late june or early july.
just trying to fight off the fear that it won't be as lovely as last time.
it'll be as lovely as last time, right?
i'm 29 weeks and starting to be able to really imagine the birth - so excited. i keep picturing myself catching the baby ("that's my favorite thing!" said our awesome midwife) and dd being right in front of me, her little hands out. my dear friend has a beautiful picture of her son being born, four hands on his little body; mama's, papa's, sister's and midwife's - right into that web.

happy baby growing all,
aileen
Old 04-17-2007, 04:03 AM

Im due 11/11 with baby #4. Its my 3rd VBAC and 2nd HBAC and cant wait, only 30wks to go lol.

Mumma to 6 wonderful kiddos + stork-suprise.gif due March 2013

Old 04-17-2007, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Welcome all!

I am at that great part of my pregnancy where I'm feeling baby move and I'm showing and I'm not feeling any of the hard parts of pregnancy, this part is so nice. I'm *just* starting to imagine my birth and right now it seems as if I want to be as close to alone as possible. I remember with my last birth I was so interested in pleasing everybody there that it really got in the way of my laboring, so this time I don't want anybody except dp there and then the midwives at the end. I'd love it if they showed up just before the pushing, but I can't know that it'll work out like that.

I almost transferred with my last, but not due to him, and he was born at home in the end, so I'm just assuming that this one will be too and all will go well.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:58 AM

I am here! Due Sept. 15 with babe #4. This will be my first homebirth!! I am at that wonderful place in pregnancy too, I can not wait for DC to feel our newest addition flutter about.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:55 PM

Oooh I can't wait to have a real round, noticeable pregnant belly. It is still in the poochy stage and it feels like it's been there forever. Another month, and it'll be rounder.

Who does everyone else plan to have at the birth? Last time I wanted tons of people there (in the house or nearby, not in the room), and had it, and didn't regret it. This time I'm thinking fewer; it isn't the big family event that my first birth was.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:06 PM

I'm planning my 4th homebirth in July. My previous 3 homebirths have been wonderful and complication free. This is baby #5 for us. My first was born in the hospital....and I don't plan to repeat that experience any time soon.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:21 PM

Hi, all! I'm excited about the August HB we're planning. I love our MW. :
Old 04-17-2007, 03:46 PM

This is our first homebirth, fourth child, due August 14th... I can't believe how much more exciting the whole process of having a baby seems planning for a birth at home (when thinking about the hospital all the excitement was about having a new baby and birth was just something to get through... still have some of that, thinking about the pain, lol, but for the most part we are all actually looking forward to the birth, amazing!).
Old 04-18-2007, 01:48 PM

For us, it's baby no. 5, 3 hospital births (one was twins) and this will be our first homebirth. I've finally met with our Midwife, and it seems like fun! Can't wait to be in the last months and get to organise everything, and see it coming, since it still seems so far away!!

Mama to 5 boys, F (13), J(11), R&X (8), L (2) and growing baby 6 due in Feb 11!!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:45 PM

I'm due around Halloween and this will be our first homebirth. Our dd was born in the hospital and we had an okay experience. I think that we were lucky though. I'm not taking chances with our birth this time and I want it to be at home.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
Old 04-18-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
I'm not taking chances with our birth this time and I want it to be at home.
Love that. People think home birth sounds risky, but there are plenty of risks introduced by the hospital that we avoid by staying home. It is hard to explain that to random people.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm here! This will be our 2nd homebirth after a c/s with DS1. I have a wonderful midwife that we all adore and am eager for this birth! Baby 3 is due early October!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:26 PM

Hi all!!!

I am Katie, due in Oct with baby #4. We are planning our 3rd homebirth (the 2nd one didn't happen due to some crazy, nosey neighbors). I am super excited.
My mom, auntie, and grandma will be present along with my best friend and all of my babies. I also want to hire a photographer to come and capture the whole event!!
Glad to meet you all!!

Katie
Old 04-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned

:hello

I'm due with #3, a boy, in August. My third child but my first homebirth
Old 04-19-2007, 12:31 AM

I am due with my second baby in early November. This will be our second homebirth as well (same midwife) and am hoping for a repeat of last time (well maybe a bit shorter, but I'm not complaining ). My first labor was 12 hours with 30 minutes of pushing.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:34 PM

HI

Planning my third homebirth in July or August.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 PM

I am planning a homebirth in July. This is my first baby. I'm nervous, but not as nervous as I would be having her in the hospital.

I'm thinking I will just want Dh and the midwives there. I can tell that my mother, MIL, and grandmother would love to be there too (They've all hinted), but I'm not so sure. I told them I would decide when I was in labor and that I would call them if I needed them. I would like to have my SIL there, but she is due within days of me, so I don't know if she'll be feeling up to it.

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
Old 04-20-2007, 04:23 PM

Hi! I'm new to MDC but excited about all of the homebirthers! I'm expecting #2 in mid. sept. and this will be my first homebirth

Christina, mama to A 10/05, E 09/07 and S 01/11; Spending my time as a wife, mama, teacher and student. Loving every minute of it! Life is so good!   joy.gif
Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 PM

I'm due in October with #4, planning my first homebirth. I'm very excited. I've already bought a ton of stuff from my birth kit list.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 04-24-2007, 12:40 AM

I am due with baby #3 at the beginning of September and planning my first homebirth. I have started having dreams about giving birth to a gorgeous little boy. I am alone and I call out to dh who comes into the room with the midwife just as I am catching him. I would be thrilled if the actual birth turns out the same.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:58 PM

I'm due at the end of August. I was induced at 40 wks with Anneke due to pre-e, so this will be my first homebirth! I am so excited about it!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:49 PM

I am planning a HBAC in mid september

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 04-24-2007, 08:16 PM

I am planning a HBAC for our #2 in late July. I'm psyched!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:30 PM

Hi there! I am due in early October and planning a homebirth! I have one daughter and her birth was a traumatic hospital birth. We had wanted a homebirth for her, but I had hyperemesis and we were so stressed and unsure about what my body was able to do. This time we know better, and I am so excited!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:26 AM

Hi! I'm having my second child in late August and we're planning a homebirth. My insurance options fell through and I decided that if I had to pay for it out of pocket, I wanted to do it MY way. So homebirth it is (fingers crossed we don't have any complications!!!) and we're all very excited.

User Tag List