Mid TN Midwife?? Looking for one & Insurance ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-17-2007, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in Middle TN just south of Nashville area... I had heard there is actually a midwife that lives in my town, and I cant find her...

I live in Fairview.... Does anyone know how to find midwives in middle TN area??? I am having no luck on searches on the net...

Also I heard that some midwives can take insurance, how does this work???? What does this intell??

Thanks IA
#2 of 8 Old 09-18-2007, 01:05 AM

http://providers.mothering.com/Area.aspx?S=MW/1/49

I got this list from the "Find a Provider" section of mothering.com.

As for insurance, my midwife billed us and I turned it in to our insurance. Because she used the correct codes, they paid it with absolutely no questions, even though I'd been told repeatedly by their customer service people that they don't pay for homebirths. Every insurance is different, of course.
#3 of 8 Old 09-18-2007, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
http://www.tnmidwives.org/directory.html

If this link doesn't work you can check the Nashville Birth Network to find TN based birth professionals. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...yguid=93080923

Hope this helps.

Congrats on your pregnancy.
#4 of 8 Old 09-18-2007, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you very much ladies... I'm not preggo yet... We plan on it sometime in November or December.. I'm a planner, and I wanted to interview a few midwives before we got preggers

Thanks mamas
#5 of 8 Old 09-18-2007, 01:51 PM

It sounds like you're close to the Farm Midwifery Center! That's where I had my son, I really liked them. A search for Ina May Gaskin should turn up their website. They do take insurance, though we were out-of-network and didn't get much back.

hapersmion
#6 of 8 Old 09-18-2007, 08:49 PM

Hi, let me recomend Mary-Anne Richardson. She was my midwife for my three first pregnancies, she would be for this one too, except we just moved to Va. She is an LPM and is located in Franklin, Tn. She is wonderful and I would be happy to answer any questions you would like to ask. Her practice is called "Tender Beginnings" she has a website. Let me know is I can do anything else for you! Hope you have a great day!
#7 of 8 Old 09-19-2007, 01:03 AM

There are at least 4 MWs and possibly up to 6 in Middle TN not including the Farm. I seem to find out more and more exist all the time (just met a new one yesterday). I used Heather Wilson with Country Life Midwifery with my first baby, and we submitted all the birth expenses to my insurance co which did pay her.
#8 of 8 Old 09-19-2007, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerawo View Post
There are at least 4 MWs and possibly up to 6 in Middle TN not including the Farm. I seem to find out more and more exist all the time (just met a new one yesterday). I used Heather Wilson with Country Life Midwifery with my first baby, and we submitted all the birth expenses to my insurance co which did pay her.
yeah I heard about Heather, she was the midwife to a couple that was in our bradley class with DS#1..

I am going to get an interview with her... We are not preggers yet, just trying to get my ducks in a row right now...

Thats nice to know that some midwives take insurance thankfully.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page