Midwife is "dropping" me from care...UPDATED PICTURES....Post 274 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 289 Old 10-16-2007, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just checking in to see how you and your sweet girl are doing. Hope everyone is settling in beautifully.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#272 of 289 Old 10-16-2007, 10:52 AM

Wow, you rock mama!! What an incredibly strong woman you are. Congratulations!

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.
#273 of 289 Old 10-16-2007, 11:04 AM

So happy for the update - regarding the nursing - if you don't have access to an LC, try one of the stores in town - Every Mother & Baby, BestFed, etc. or as a pp said, call LLL! If you're having a rough start, don't be afraid to get help. I suffered through weeks of pain with the first 2 kids, and finally with ds decided to ask for help before it got that bad again - I am soooo glad I did! For me, switching to a cross-cradle hold for initial latch-on made a huge difference. I never even tried that with the girls. I figured by the 3rd kid I wouldn't need help, as I had years worth of experience already - but it made such a difference having somebody give me some tips! Talk to you soon...and just one more YIPPEE Yay for your VBA2C

Midwife and mama in the Valley of the Sun
#274 of 289 Old 11-04-2007, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I don't know how to post pics, so I am going to change my privacy setting on my myspace page to public for a few days. There's a bulletin with some info and a slide show with pics! You can also click on my pics and view the "now we are 5 album". Here is the link: http://www.myspace.com/jjharshe

Thanks again for all your love and support. When I finally get a birth story done I will post!

Love you all,
January
#275 of 289 Old 11-04-2007, 10:17 PM

Oh, thank you for sharing! What a beautiful family you are. I hope I can meet Annabelle in person soon
Did the nursing get better?
j

Midwife and mama in the Valley of the Sun
#276 of 289 Old 11-04-2007, 10:54 PM

What a beautiful family! I love the last pic of you all together, you all look so happy.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#277 of 289 Old 11-04-2007, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmoose View Post
Oh, thank you for sharing! What a beautiful family you are. I hope I can meet Annabelle in person soon
Did the nursing get better?
j
Hey there! I emailed you a week or so ago. Did you get it? I also tried to send you an email tonight, but it was too big and got sent back. To answer your question...nursing is going great! It's awesome! I'm so happy. Let's get together soon. Email me and we'll make plans!
#278 of 289 Old 11-05-2007, 07:58 AM

: What a beautiful family. You can just see the love and pride in your family's pictures. Thank you so much for sharing!
#279 of 289 Old 11-06-2007, 12:08 PM

Such a beautiful family! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing these - and your journey - with us all!

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#280 of 289 Old 11-06-2007, 04:33 PM

Congratulations on your new baby and your VBA2C!!!!
#281 of 289 Old 11-06-2007, 05:07 PM

CONGRATS!!! Your daughter is beautiful!!! I'm so happy you had a VBA2C!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Daughter of the King, wife to a loving husband, mommy to DS 10/26/05, DD 9/16/07, and my precious gone to be with Jesus 12/09.
#282 of 289 Old 11-06-2007, 05:24 PM

Congrats and wow! to your patience and ability to wait for your babe with all the pressure you must have felt to do otherwise. Way to go Momma!

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#283 of 289 Old 11-07-2007, 11:33 AM

WOW! Who needs a birth story...just following your long beautiful journey here says it all

Thanks for sharing your story here and sharing that beautiful family with us!
#284 of 289 Old 11-09-2007, 02:07 PM

Oh January! She's absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us. You're so not what I pictured. For some reason I thought you were ethnic of one sort or another. Now I have no idea where I got that from. Must have been my preggo brain.

I tried to add you in MySpace, but I don't know the required info, so I'll just silently stalk you for more pictures of your gorgeous little ones.
#285 of 289 Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MoonGypsy~ View Post
Oh January! She's absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us. You're so not what I pictured. For some reason I thought you were ethnic of one sort or another. Now I have no idea where I got that from. Must have been my preggo brain.

I tried to add you in MySpace, but I don't know the required info, so I'll just silently stalk you for more pictures of your gorgeous little ones.
thanks mama! about time, huh? what info do you need? isn't it interesting how we'll get a pic of someone in our head and it's not at all what they look like?
#286 of 289 Old 11-09-2007, 06:08 PM

You have a beautiful family... congratulations!

-Iris
#287 of 289 Old 11-16-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiharshe View Post
thanks mama! about time, huh? what info do you need? isn't it interesting how we'll get a pic of someone in our head and it's not at all what they look like?

Yeah, I do feel silly though. :
It asks for your last name or email address.
#288 of 289 Old 11-17-2007, 05:46 PM

I came across this thread last night and have just gotten thru it. January, you are an amazing woman and an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story with all of us at MDC, I only hope that when the time comes I will have half of the faith and strength that you have. Congratulations! You are a beautiful family!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#289 of 289 Old 11-18-2007, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Veg-123 View Post
I came across this thread last night and have just gotten thru it. January, you are an amazing woman and an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story with all of us at MDC, I only hope that when the time comes I will have half of the faith and strength that you have. Congratulations! You are a beautiful family!
wow mama, thank you so much. it's good to hear. i've let other things overshadow the success i just had. you will have the faith and strength you need and if you ever feel like you need support pm me!

january

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page