Midwife is "dropping" me from care...UPDATED PICTURES....Post 274 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiharshe View Post
Still here. Things are moving slow (as usual w/my body it seems). I lost my mucous plug last night! Woohoo! By body does work...just in it's own time. I was thinking this morning...I am not a "textbook". I am a woman with my own body and spirit and do things the way I need! I do hope this picks up soon, but I've had the feeling that Oct. 4th is the day. We'll see...
I came to this board just to check on you. Okay...I know that you've been VERY patient and have been waiting a long time for this little one but October 4th is a GREAT day to have a baby. It's my birthday!

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#62 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 02:02 PM

Congratulations and good luck today!! You can do it
#63 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 02:07 PM

I had a really slow start with my last baby too. I actually really enjoyed it, I feel like it allowed me time to get deep into the "birth bubble", you know? Thinking good thoughts for you!
#64 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 02:11 PM

Sending positive happy vibes your way!!!!

October 4th is DH birthday so it's a wonderful day Of course the 5th isn't bad either---I heard once it's the most common birthday in the USA--40 weeks from New Years Eve

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#65 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 02:56 PM

mimiharshe: I have been following your posts closely to keep lynsey updated. She is sitting in the airport at Disney at this very moment. Her phone is turned on. She said she has called you like 50 times. I forgot to tell her you turned your phone off. She said turn it on, or call her

So excited for you and keeping you in my prayers.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#66 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Hey mamas,

I am here and things are actually slowing down. I just took a bath to relax, pray and meditate. I have to say that I am not as comfortable with my intuition/feelings today. I am making sure they are not fears. I spoke w/my doula about it and she said I have been very trusting of pregnancy, birth and listening to my intuition. I've decided to go get an U/S. I am strong and have complete faith, but I'm not dumb. If I feel something might be off, I need to check it out. So, maybe I just need a little reassurance that babe is great or maybe I need to know about something. I havent' had a late pregnancy ultrasound (had one at 12 weeks to confirm something). Please keep me in your thoughts. I will let you know after the ultrasound how things are.

Thanks mamas,
J

Laurie, please let Lynsey know I'm just not in a place to talk to anyone other than my dh, doula and mdc .
#67 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 04:13 PM

What an amazing woman and mother you are. Trust your baby, your body and your instincts. Blessings to you.
#68 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 04:28 PM

My thoughts are with you, Mama!! PLEASE be sure to let us know when you can how your little one is doing. You have done an amazing job at trusting your intuition and your baby up to this point.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#69 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 04:58 PM

I hope everything looks good on the ultrasound. Try not to stress! You are doing a great job!

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#70 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 05:09 PM

I have had you in my thoughts for the past few days. Good luck mama.
#71 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Hey mamas,

I can not describe to you the sense of peace I have right now. I feel like such a strong woman b/c I have listened to my intuition throughout this pregnancy no matter what anyone has said or thought. I have only cared about my feelings and thoughts and of course my baby. I knew today that I needed a sonogram. I didn't know exactly why, but I told my husband I didn't think it was a bad thing, but would be good. He was worried.

So, the "unofficial" results of the sono...Baby is GREAT! Fluid levels are good, placenta is up high away from previous c/s scars, baby is head down, heartbeat is good...I knew all that, right? So...

Why do I think my intuition told me to go in? Few reasons...the 1st is so I could confirm why I thought baby hasn't come yet. When I was praying, what came to me was "malposition". Well, baby is head down, but not anterior or posterior. He/she is looking to the side and flips back and forth. Also, the EDD by the sonogram is...get this...October 21st! My due date for LMP is Sept. 12th! THE BABY JUST ISN'T READY! What a blessing in disguise. I can use this sonogram in my favor (for once...a sonogram in the mama and baby's favor!) to keep my back up care. Since my home birth midwife dropped me I can plan my UC and have back up care and they can't freak out on me b/c 'woops i was off on my dates according to your sonogram"

This due date business is ridiculous. I obvioulsy ovulated late, I think, but I do know that is the month I got pregnant, so even so I am "post dates" according to those that care about due dates. My baby needs to cook longer. Period. She or he is small and needs time. Can you imagine if I was not a mama of faith and intuition and let an OB do my care and 'take' this baby at 38-40 weeks? My baby would NOT have been ready and would've ended up in NICU and worse!

So, my baby needs more time. I am obviously having prodomal labor (sp)I can now truly relax b/c I now know what my intuition was telling me is right. My family can chill...no more fears around me. I can keep back up care w/o them forcing a c/s while I still plan my UC (which is what I wanted my whole pregnancy anyways).

So, mamas....ALWAYS listen to your intuition. I did and instead of us all freaking out at why baby is not coming we can relax and know that MY BODY DOES WORK...MY BABY JUST NEEDS MORE TIME!

BTW...we held strong in not finding out the sex

So I am here and continuing to gestate in peace and give baby time. I hope that real labor kicks in soon, but am continuing to listen to my spirit! I will keep you posted. Hopefully with the contractions I was having and losing my mucous plug I'll have babe earthside with me soon!

January
#72 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 07:14 PM

What amazing news! I'm so glad the U/S was in babe's favor and it calmed some of your fears. Yay January, I'm so happy for you!

#73 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 07:47 PM

Maybe I'm missing something but if you have an ultrasound that specifies your EDD as three weeks from now, can't your midwife resume your care? Wasn't the only reason she dropped you because you were too far post date? Apparently you're not (according to the medical community at least). Of course at this point, you may just want to UC and that's cool too

I'm so happy for you! Sometimes we fight our intuition (normally to our detriment). You did a good thing today

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#74 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 08:25 PM

Awesome Mama!!! I am so happy that you have peace and comfort now. Our intuition stays true as long as we stay true to it...
#75 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 08:51 PM

someone on here always says your uterus doesn't expire. you can do this.
#76 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 PM

I hardly ever log on at home but had to tonight just to check your status, January! Wow...what a testiment for a Mama's intuition! You rock!! And for some reason while I read your whole post, I only thought "baby girl". I'm never right though so don't count on me.

#77 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 09:25 PM

that is such great news!! I'm so glad to hear it! what a waste of a metric EDD is ifthey can randomly change it by a month and a half!! But anything that works the system so that it works for you!! Glad you have access to backup care and you're set up for a great UC. Congrats! Thanks for sharing.
#78 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas!!!!!

Julie...I guess she could resume care, but I don't want her to. She showed me that she doesn't have the faith I need from the ppl around me. She didn't even say...if you get an u/s I'll stay. I LOVE my doula who I met thru her. It was meant to be. This is what I wanted anyways...an UC with back up if I need it. It's working out great.

Listening to our intuition goes both ways. You ladies are right...we need to stay true to it even if it's telling us something we don't want to hear.

I have been on a high all day long realizing so many things...I already have a little "hindsight" (sp).

I'm still having some crampy contractions, but am telling my body and baby that I'm ignoring them until they make me pay attention! I have been planning on going back to work w/family after I have the babe, but told my gmother today that I'm starting tomorrow...maybe that'll get the babe to come! She said she'd see me at 9!

I will let you all know when labor kicks in. Now, it'll be interesting to see how far I really go. Considering, even if I ovulated really late, I know the month I got pregnant, so at the most, my EDD could be off is maybe...what?....7-10 days which would put me at 41.5-42 weeks, instead of 43?! : Fun times!

J
#79 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Plus2 View Post
I hardly ever log on at home but had to tonight just to check your status, January! Wow...what a testiment for a Mama's intuition! You rock!! And for some reason while I read your whole post, I only thought "baby girl". I'm never right though so don't count on me.
Thank you for checking in on me. Gosh, don't you wish we had this support around us IRL. I'm so grateful for this community of strong women. You know, I've been thinking girl lately too...I can't wait (ok, obviously I can) to find out. It's going to be so exciting!
#80 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 10:18 PM

You are an awesome mama, keep listening to those instincts! Check out "rotational positioning" on the childbirth international website. They have some great info on turning baby into optimal positioning for birth.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#81 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 10:56 PM

I'm so excited for you!

You're so right- listening to intuition, especially when when it's not what you necessarily want to hear, is the hardest thing to do.
#82 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 11:19 PM

just popping in to say that i went 18 days "late" with mine...she is my first, so no previous sections here, but i do want to suggest earth mama angel babys' labor oil, if you can get your hands on some.......i rubbed it all over my belly the night before i went into labor, and i also used it on a friend while she was in labor and her stalled labor jump started! YOU CAN DO THIS MAMA!!! good for you for being patient and listening to your body!!!! ::good vibes:: YOU CAN DO THIS. you are doing the right thing.

(sort of) single mama to one hearts.gif7/21/07. student, breastfeeding advocate, writer 

#83 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 11:23 PM

Oh I bet you are so relieved! Now you can really relax and enjoy the last few days of carrying your baby.

#84 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

rosadesal...do you know where I can get my hands on that oil?

Jilian...i'll do a search for that website and check it out. do you know the link.

I hope that any mom on here who is concerned, or past dates, or wanting to know what to do or if they should follow their intuition, etc will read this thread and it will help them! I have been inspired by so many of you!

I'm gonna drink a Kombucha and get in my spa outside under the stars and maybe have some great sex.
#85 of 289 Old 10-03-2007, 11:52 PM

Labor Oil

I think it probably the clary sage in it, though. Might just work to use a little of that in a carrier.

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
#86 of 289 Old 10-04-2007, 02:04 AM

Yey! I am so glad to hear that things are OK...Not much time to post but I had to check on you! Happy bonding with baby in your belly and keep us posted!:

P.S. -I am thinking "Girl" for some reason too...
#87 of 289 Old 10-04-2007, 10:15 AM

Here is the link: http://www.wannabeadoula.com/ If you scroll down the "rotational positioning" is halfway down the page. They make you register to view the page but it is worth it.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#88 of 289 Old 10-04-2007, 10:38 AM

:
#89 of 289 Old 10-04-2007, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

I got on this morning to find this. Thank you for the link. I read thru it quickly and plan on reading more thoroughly. I hope I can figure it out!

I had a whopper contraction last night and lost more mucous...how much can there be? Contractions woke me up off and on all night, but I know baby is still not in a good position to get his/her head into the pelvis!
#90 of 289 Old 10-04-2007, 11:47 AM

Gosh, if your really due date is the 21st, you're not even 38 weeks yet. You've got plenty of time! I've been taking homeopathic caulophyllum for prodrominal labor. It helps alot with all the contracting that's not doing much - seems to help my mood and morale too. When I don't take it, I feel like I could slit my throat if I don't have the baby soon. But when I take it, I feel quite willing to remain pregnant.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page