Midwife is "dropping" me from care...UPDATED PICTURES....Post 274 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow January! I haven't been on mdc in a while, but I'm so happy I found this thread! You're awesome, mama. I'm so happy to hear the positive news coming from you, and really hope that the next update I hear is nak
If not though, the offer for my tincture still stands...or for anything else you need! Childcare? Happy baby vibes...and looking forward to hearing more!
j

Midwife and mama in the Valley of the Sun
#122 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks J (akmoose)...sorry I haven't called...too caught up in my own world right now.

Can't write much. Contractions coming 3-4 minutes and intense...some more than others. I still don't want to believe it's the real thing. Maybe by sunrise I'll have a baby!

Please send prayers and good thoughts this way. I can do this!

J

ETA: WTH???? Contractions were 5-7 minutes apart from 8 pm until about 2 am. From 2-5 am I had contractions about 3 minutes apart and most of them were very intense. I couldn't ignore them...I had to breath, moan and use affirmations through a lot of them. Hot wash cloths on my abdomen and back felt so good. I lost a ton more mucous plug :. I started getting tired and sore, so I took a hot bath and told dh to go lay down. I was really tired so I got out and layed on the couch...BAM...totally slowed down and now they are just sporadic here and there. HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO GO ON? Dh really thought it was the real thing. Especially since I had a tiny bit of wine and layed down before they got closer. This has been going on a few weeks now, with this week being the most and last night starting to feel like "real" labor.

What the heck do I do??? :::

-A very tired mama that just wants to meet her baby.
#123 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 09:39 AM

: Yippee! I can't wait to hear your good news!

Lots of love and blessing your way!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#124 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 03:51 PM

Were you specific on how slow you wanted labor to be with baby? Just take your off time and rest up for the immenent birth of your baby. Don't worry about it, your body had already started doing it's GOOD work. Things are obviously happening so it is not for nothing! Don't lose hope, we cant wait to hear the good news!
#125 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 03:55 PM

sorry about the jumpers. They were there before you added to the post. Hang in there mama!

it WILL be SOON!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#126 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiharshe View Post

What the heck do I do??? :::

-A very tired mama that just wants to meet her baby.
Rest when you can. Drink a glass of wine if it helps you rest and if it's something you are not opposed to trying. Not much you can do but wait for your baby to arrive. One thing's for certain: your baby will be here and in your arms soon. All the signs are there. FWIW, I had prodromal labor with my second and it drove me crazy. I was five cm before active labor finally kicked in! The good news is I only had five cm to go when it happened. Your body IS working. It is preparing you to birth your baby. Prodromal labor is so frustrating, and can tire you out. Do what you can to rest when it's done so you have your strength when the next wave comes around.
#127 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 04:19 PM

You are making progress, every contraction (no matter how small) brings you closer to meeting your baby. I tell all of my clients to reward themselves for each day they go past their due date. I did the same thing with my last pregnancy, I booked a massage for making it to 40 weeks. Pamper yourself. I had prodromal labor too and finally decided to dtd w/DH and used evening primrose oil as lube. I also inserted an EPO capsule vaginally before bed and woke up in labor. Try it out, it can't hurt!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#128 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

I can't stop crying off and on today...I'm laughing at myself as I type this though b/c I know its' b/c I am so tired. I got a little rest this morning, just ate a healthy lunch and am going to get more rest when the kiddos nap. I am getting a contraction every 20-30 minutes or so and not even handling that well. They hurt and b/c I'm tired and think they hurt, then it probably makes it worse. Thank goodness for my dh. He just got done telling me how my body is making progress with all of this and I just need to rest and recenter myself.

We dtd after our nap (sister watching kids this morning). Hopefully those prostoglandins will help. I wanted an easy longer early labor to have a fast active labor, but I'm done now! My uterus feels sore. Does that make sense? I fell contractions in my lower abdomen, thighs and back. I've handled them well all week, but last night it's just gotten more intense.

I'm just gonna rest, refocus and wait. Thanks for the support. My dh and you guys are helping so much. I can't imagine where I'd be w/o it.
#129 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 05:52 PM

Just wanted to add that I'm thinking of you...sending you some labor vibes! It will happen soon...like the others have said - your body is doing something...getting ready!

Get some rest and try to take it easy!
#130 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 06:28 PM

I just found this thread. Labor vibes goign out to you and I hope you are holding your sweet babe soon!

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#131 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 07:08 PM

Lots of labour vibes, love and light coming your way. Hope you are holding your sweet baby!
#132 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 08:55 PM

Oh January, I'm sorry this is getting so frustrating! I know you've heard it all, but do relax, you know it's getting soooo close! Can you hand off your other two again and keep napping? Go do something totally different - I went to IKEA...made me stop thinking about how close I must be...watch a movie?

You know your intuition is strong. Listen to it. I'm not a praying woman, but I'll be thinking of you and sending you happy baby thoughts tonight. All my best wishes. It will all be over soon, and that little one will be such a happy blessing!

jen

Midwife and mama in the Valley of the Sun
#133 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 09:24 PM

January--

I've been trying to check up on you and keep up with your progress since you moved.
Sending lots of positive labor vibes your way!!!
Can't wait to hear your birth story!
Loads of hugs and positive energy for you!
Amy
#134 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 10:28 PM

If it makes you feel any better I did a lot of crying and feeling bad just a few days before DS was born. I think it happens a few days before labor, so hopefully this is a sign that you will be in labor soon.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#135 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 10:47 PM

Hiya, one little suggestion. My midwife wouldn't let me near the bath until labor was coming fast and hard. She said a bath too early can stall labor. Also, I wouldn't be having the wine. I know you need to rest, but you also need to get this labor going at some point. Just my two cents, take it or leave it. I've been checking up a couple times a day and I'm rooting for ya!
#136 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datura View Post
Hiya, one little suggestion. My midwife wouldn't let me near the bath until labor was coming fast and hard. She said a bath too early can stall labor. Also, I wouldn't be having the wine. I know you need to rest, but you also need to get this labor going at some point. Just my two cents, take it or leave it. I've been checking up a couple times a day and I'm rooting for ya!
Yes, but if she's is in prodromal labor, which is sounds like she likely is, then the wine/bath suggestion is to try and make her rest a little. Prodromal labor (while beneficial) is exhausting, and with a labor like this, she runs the risk of getting too tired to continue.

Generally, I think your suggestion is a great one, but when she's so tired from so much labor, a glass of wine, a good book and a long bath just might help her catch some sleep, which is important at this point.

January, you can do this. Your body is doing what it needs to do!
#137 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyboys View Post
Yes, but if she's is in prodromal labor, which is sounds like she likely is, then the wine/bath suggestion is to try and make her rest a little. Prodromal labor (while beneficial) is exhausting, and with a labor like this, she runs the risk of getting too tired to continue.

Generally, I think your suggestion is a great one, but when she's so tired from so much labor, a glass of wine, a good book and a long bath just might help her catch some sleep, which is important at this point.

January, you can do this. Your body is doing what it needs to do!
Thank you mama and to everyone else. I agree her advice is good, but with these painful contractions not letting me sleep through the night once in the last week and labor all last night( 8 pm-5 am anywhere from 3-7 minutes and very intense) I am with you. I have to do whatever I can to relax and stop this exhaustion so I can make it through. This upcoming Wed. will be 44 weeks, or according to first sono next Friday. I am tired, but I will not give in. But being tired makes everything harder, more painful and less clear. A good rest will do me good!
#138 of 289 Old 10-06-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiharshe View Post
Thank you mama and to everyone else. I agree her advice is good, but with these painful contractions not letting me sleep through the night once in the last week and labor all last night( 8 pm-5 am anywhere from 3-7 minutes and very intense) I am with you. I have to do whatever I can to relax and stop this exhaustion so I can make it through. This upcoming Wed. will be 44 weeks, or according to first sono next Friday. I am tired, but I will not give in. But being tired makes everything harder, more painful and less clear. A good rest will do me good!
you can do it! ::labor vibes::
breathe. in and out. it will be okay.

actually, i saw this magnet that said "in the end, it will be okay. if its not okay, its not the end."

(sort of) single mama to one hearts.gif7/21/07. student, breastfeeding advocate, writer 

#139 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A couple of midwives I know suggest benedryl to help you sleep through prodromal labor at night. I wish I would have known them when I was pregnant with my two! I had six weeks of it with both of them, and by the time they were born, all I wanted to do was count fingers and toes, kiss the top of their head, put them to the breast in side lying, and go to SLEEP!!! It is exhausting, demoralizing, frustrating, and a hundred other things I can't put words to (was for me, anyway!). On the other hand, when I went into active labor, I had them fairly easily. I wish that for you, too, mama. Break a leg (sorry, we have thespians in the family, so I can't wish you luck...how about this, break a bag of water!!!). You'll do GREAT!

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

#140 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 12:17 AM

Hi, I have been watching this thread and thinking of you, OP, although I don't "know" you online! I hope you have your sweet baby in your arms very soon.

I was wondering, are you monitoring with a Doppler? Have you considered going in for a non-stress test and leaving as soon as you see that the baby is fine?
#141 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtenay_e View Post
A couple of midwives I know suggest benedryl to help you sleep through prodromal labor at night. I wish I would have known them when I was pregnant with my two! I had six weeks of it with both of them, and by the time they were born, all I wanted to do was count fingers and toes, kiss the top of their head, put them to the breast in side lying, and go to SLEEP!!! It is exhausting, demoralizing, frustrating, and a hundred other things I can't put words to (was for me, anyway!). On the other hand, when I went into active labor, I had them fairly easily. I wish that for you, too, mama. Break a leg (sorry, we have thespians in the family, so I can't wish you luck...how about this, break a bag of water!!!). You'll do GREAT!
Wow, how funny - I was going to include something about Benadryl in my post but for whatever reason I didn't; guess it was because you had just done so!
#142 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 12:37 AM

Just wanted to send you some good vibes in your laboring efforts! I can't imagine going to 44 weeks! I carried my baby 42 wks and 1 day and then I was ready to get her OUT! Are you going in for another NST or have you been monitoring baby with a doppler?

I really hope you are able to get some rest! I wish you a beautiful, easy birthing!
#143 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 AM

Saw this thru new posts, and am subbing. I'm worried, and hoping to hear everything went ok.
#144 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 12:51 AM

hey mama!! i am thinking of you, sending you lots of love and strength!!

i went to nearly 43 weeks, and i know the feeling of "labor" all night makes you CLINICALLY INSANE :

......love and strength, trust in the Universe...love and strength, trust in the Universe........ s

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#145 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 01:37 AM

Good Luck!
#146 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 02:11 AM

Subbing...
Sending bunches of positive vibes your way. Hugs and strength Momma, you are doing great...
#147 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 02:26 AM

Just started following, have read all your posts, lots of prayers for you and baby! You are so strong and amazing and you CAN do this!!
#148 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora'sMama View Post
Hi, I have been watching this thread and thinking of you, OP, although I don't "know" you online! I hope you have your sweet baby in your arms very soon.

I was wondering, are you monitoring with a Doppler? Have you considered going in for a non-stress test and leaving as soon as you see that the baby is fine?
Thanks for the good vibes and thoughts everyone. Every time I log on I can't believe all the support on this thread!

I had a NST on Friday and baby is perfect! I have felt baby moving around today. Maybe my doula can come by tomorrow and take a listen for me. She's great.

I've tried to sleep twice tonight and have been woken up by contractions that hurt. I'm having a hard time not tensing up. I feel so so so sore! I'm trying to stop them so I can sleep! I just had a yummy hot chocolate, and am about to take a hot bath and have some wine. We cleaned the spa tonight, so I'm jumping in that tomorrow. I need a break to make it thru when the contractions pick up again! I never take medications, but if I don't get sleep, I will look into the Benadryl. I rather that than a c/s b/c of exhaustion!

I will keep you all posted as usual. I don't know where I'd be w/o MDC. The knowledge, support, information and inspiration of all the mamas here is priceless!

Thank you.
#149 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 02:59 AM

I'm still up, although I sure don't have the excuse you have!

I'm really glad to hear the NST was great and that baby is moving around a lot. Is your doula going to be with you while you are in active labor?
#150 of 289 Old 10-07-2007, 09:51 AM

You're doing so beautifully My VBAC labour was a week of gentle stuff then 50-something hours of mostly strong labour, it's a pretty common pattern. Your baby and your body know just what to do! I'm so looking forward to your announcement

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page