Can't afford BPIAB so.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2008, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My alternative is just to use my bathtub, but I am SO hoping not to. I guess I'm going to have to lower my choice and get something less expensive...maybe I can sell it on here next time and get the BPIAB...

Anywhoo...anyone have any suggestions about what I should get? I guess I'll have to get a LaBassine or something. I'm really wanting to float in whatever pool I get so those little fishy pools are out. My concern is that I can't buy a nice kit that goes with the pool like I could have with BPIAB. Now I probably have to get all the supplies (pump, hose etc.) separately. I'm 30 wks. right now so there's also the time factor. If everything won't get to me in time (before or on my 37th week) I won't order it because what's the point. I'll just have to hop in our tub right before birth. I really don't want to do that so please help ladies....

Hmmm....maybe I should have put this in the UC forum since I'm UP/UC'ing and don't have the option of renting a tub from my MW.

Wife of my best friend, Mom to five and one precious memory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The La Bassine is a great birth pool. I used it for my DD's birth and will be using it again for my upcoming waterbirth in October.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

So does LaBassine come with a supply kit or not? Another thing is should I just buy the supplies from a pet store or something?

Wife of my best friend, Mom to five and one precious memory
Old 02-28-2008, 01:21 AM

You should read the Birth Pool Rsources thread. Post #2 has links to everything you'd need that can be ordered quickly, or can tell you where to get them in your town. Good luck!

User Tag List