Vitamin K tincture vs. Clorophyll for Mom in late pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to order a Vitamin K supplement for me to take before deliver to aid in some heavy bleeding I usually experience after birth. I am considering Wishgarden's Vitamin K tincture or Clorofresh Clorophyll capsules. Can anyone help me decide which one might be better to take? Thanks!
#2 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 04:51 PM

No answers, but curious to see what others say.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#3 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
eat green veggies every day- top best answer cooked broccoli, cooked cabbage, steamed green beans, bagged or home made salad ( aim for 7% of your diet being green veggies) there are so many more nutrients in veggies as well as fiber
what we recommend to women as a supplement has been liquid chlorophyll, but it has limitations, food is the best answer. Vitamin K isn't really alcohol soluble, it is oil soluble so am not too sure how effective a tincture would be .I know that there is one oil based vitamin K supplement made by Scientific Labs
you can get it from birth with love.(this is the vit K we recommend for oral dosing the baby after birth)
#4 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 07:15 PM

I took Clorofresh Clorophyll capsules. I had an extreamly heavy bleed after #3 at the hospital, and wanted to avoid another bleed. So I took the caps, got a pit shot as soon as dd hit my chest, then a methrogen shot a few minutes later. I don't know if the caps helped, but I didn't have another bleed. My midwife was shocked because even after the methrogen, I was still bleeding, she said most woman would have stopped bleeding after that. So I guess I'm just a heavy bleeder.

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#5 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kristina~ View Post
I took Clorofresh Clorophyll capsules. I had an extreamly heavy bleed after #3 at the hospital, and wanted to avoid another bleed. So I took the caps, got a pit shot as soon as dd hit my chest, then a methrogen shot a few minutes later. I don't know if the caps helped, but I didn't have another bleed. My midwife was shocked because even after the methrogen, I was still bleeding, she said most woman would have stopped bleeding after that. So I guess I'm just a heavy bleeder.
what is methrogen? i had to have a shot of pitocen after both of my last babies and i was still bleeding....
#6 of 9 Old 03-16-2008, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwherbs View Post
eat green veggies every day- top best answer cooked broccoli, cooked cabbage, steamed green beans, bagged or home made salad ( aim for 7% of your diet being green veggies) there are so many more nutrients in veggies as well as fiber
what we recommend to women as a supplement has been liquid chlorophyll, but it has limitations, food is the best answer. Vitamin K isn't really alcohol soluble, it is oil soluble so am not too sure how effective a tincture would be .I know that there is one oil based vitamin K supplement made by Scientific Labs
you can get it from birth with love.(this is the vit K we recommend for oral dosing the baby after birth)
so you think the wishgarden tincture with alfalfa and shepards purse (which is what is in the vitamin k tincture) may not even work?

i am defiantly not ordering from birth with love again because the lady is a psycho. but i did order some with cascade today.

but i was also looking at the alfalfa tabs and clorophyll tabs.

i am currently taking new chapter prenatals, probiotics and floradix. would adding any of these things be too m uch?

i just don't want to have bleeding issues like last time...

thanks for all your info!
#7 of 9 Old 03-17-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierralily View Post
what is methrogen? i had to have a shot of pitocen after both of my last babies and i was still bleeding....
First off, I spelled it wrong. It's Methergine.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/methylerg.htm

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#8 of 9 Old 03-17-2008, 09:15 PM

shepherd's purse tincture if made with fresh plant material is something that helps the uterus to contract- and stop hemorrhage that way
alfalfa is often recommended for vitamin K but I am not too sure how much vitamin K1 it does have and I am pretty sure that you are not getting much from a tincture. Maybe fermented having K2- . in any case if you use the tincture after birth it can help prevent/reduce hemorrhage -due to uterine action.--
because most of our clients do not eat many veggies we have gone back to recommending chlorophyll, and it does seem to have a decent impact our hemorrhage rate really dropped after our clients started taking it - changing diet habits seems to be the hardest but in the long run if you can work at increasing your daily greens can improve you and your children's health - they have to do with protecting bones from bone loss as well as preventing hardening of the arteries -- along with clotting factors
#9 of 9 Old 03-18-2008, 10:46 PM

mwherbs-you mentioned vit k2. Is supplementing with that comparable in efficacy? Has anyone ever looked at that, do you know?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page