Posterior Uterus also posted in Preg. Resources - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-23-2008, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter
kdj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem? I am 37 wks, just went for a u/s and was told that I have a posterior uterus, but that was all. I have had a prev. C-section, and was hoping for a HBAC. I also want to know if it interferes with the ability to have a HBAC. There is no info on the web about this so I am hoping to find people that have experienced this themselves, and can tell me what to expect.

*for the record, It was told to me that my UTERUS, NOT my baby is posterior, I double checked cause I had never heard of this before.LOL, funny thing, Baby is head down but I think she is posterior. That I am not worried about, I am just going to have to lay down the law to my angel and tell her to get a shiftin ..

Thanks,
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-23-2008, 06:10 PM

Do you mean a posterior cervix?

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)
#3 of 5 Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 PM

I believe it is when your uterus tilt backward. I have this and have not had any problems. I know the degree of the tilt is correlated to discomfort and complications.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#4 of 5 Old 03-24-2008, 12:11 AM

Ummmmm.... never heard of this in a term pg. I have a retroverted uterus - maybe this is what she meant ~ nevertheless, a retroverted uterus corrects itself during pg. Confusing.... posterior means towards the back ~ how could your uterus be towards your back?

Janel ~ wife and mother of 4, L&D RN, midwifery student
#5 of 5 Old 03-24-2008, 09:32 PM

I have an "extremely" posterior uterus between and in early preg but it does eventually migrate forward during preg. I've never heard of one still being posterior past 18 wks (and it's extremely rare to still be posterior then--usually comes forward by 10 wks!!).

I suspect you have a posterior cervix. I had this with ds at my 37 wk check-up and it came forward before labor started at 38 wks. My cervix is still posterior with this baby too. The mw told me that contractions will bring it forward if it isn't already forward before labor starts. After it comes forward more, the baby's head pushing on it will start you dilating. It's really not a problem at all--very common. The worst it means is that you have a few extra labor contractions to bring it forward before dilation starts, but it will probably come forward before that point any way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page