Celebrity Homebirthers! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
First ... 5  13  14  15 16  17 
Homebirth > Celebrity Homebirthers!
ryansma's Avatar ryansma 09:05 PM 06-01-2008
the Melora Hardin article!!

smeep's Avatar smeep 01:09 AM 06-03-2008
Maybe Angelina became informed (either by actual research or just from people giving her crap ) and decided to do differently? It's nice to know she's at least wanting to try a VBAC, let alone an HBAC, and with twins no less. Lots of doctors...but whatever. She apparently has a midwife which is better than none (assuming it's a midwife, not a medwife). She could've easily said, "Repeat cesarean, woo!" like many women. Let's just hope she became more informed on the risks of not nursing as well and that she'll actually stick to nursing the twins. I don't give it much hope, but it would be nice...

I totally expected her to nurse full-term and homebirth and all the other AP stuff (can't say the cesarean was unnecessary, especially if it was footling breech, I just hope they went as long as they could to give the baby time to turn before doing the cesarean). I thought she was the kind of person that would've even tried to induce lactation if informed of the possibility when she adopted her children. Just goes to show the US's societal idiocy extends to even the most unexpected of people.
crazy_eights's Avatar crazy_eights 03:09 AM 06-03-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeep View Post
Maybe Angelina became informed (either by actual research or just from people giving her crap ) and decided to do differently? It's nice to know she's at least wanting to try a VBAC, let alone an HBAC, and with twins no less. Lots of doctors...but whatever. She apparently has a midwife which is better than none (assuming it's a midwife, not a medwife). She could've easily said, "Repeat cesarean, woo!" like many women. Let's just hope she became more informed on the risks of not nursing as well and that she'll actually stick to nursing the twins. I don't give it much hope, but it would be nice...

I totally expected her to nurse full-term and homebirth and all the other AP stuff (can't say the cesarean was unnecessary, especially if it was footling breech, I just hope they went as long as they could to give the baby time to turn before doing the cesarean). I thought she was the kind of person that would've even tried to induce lactation if informed of the possibility when she adopted her children. Just goes to show the US's societal idiocy extends to even the most unexpected of people.
If she is getting care in France, I think midwives are pretty standard, but they are NOT what we have in mind when we say midwife. And homebirth is almost unknown.
tinyshoes's Avatar tinyshoes 09:40 PM 06-03-2008
maybe Michel Odent is Angelina's OB
crazy_eights's Avatar crazy_eights 01:58 AM 06-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyshoes View Post
maybe Michel Odent is Angelina's OB
Yeah, well he's in England these days having been chased out of France by the medical establishment there. So much for that theory.
CanidFL's Avatar CanidFL 10:33 AM 06-04-2008
I will join in the Angelina discussion. I was reading one of those magazines at the check out line yesterday and they said she is planning a c-section because the risk of uterine rupture is 1 in 100 for previous c-sections and it’s the best thing for her.
Carolinamidwife's Avatar Carolinamidwife 11:04 AM 06-04-2008
Wow, that's an interesting statistic on uterine rupture... too bad it's not true. I mean, that might be the case if you're one of those OB's with a 100% pit rate as seems to be the trend now but otherwise that is a BS stat.

Listen, celebrities have C-sections because they want a tummy tuck as the closure. Angelina has to live up to her image as the most beautiful woman in the world, having twins changes your stomach muscles. She's not the first (Madonna, Brittney, Gwen Stefani, etc, etc, etc...) she won't be the last.

I wonder if she will breastfeed the twins at all.
Staciemao's Avatar Staciemao 05:43 PM 06-04-2008
Okay, so Brangelina stinks...but I'm totally loving Melora Hardin now! Incidentally, I watched one of the commentaries on "The Office" and she is really smart, too!
Carolinamidwife's Avatar Carolinamidwife 05:53 PM 06-04-2008
LOL, I love her now too. I was so surprised, Jan is a very convincing character... so all business.
CanidFL's Avatar CanidFL 11:18 PM 06-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levatrice View Post
Wow, that's an interesting statistic on uterine rupture... too bad it's not true. I mean, that might be the case if you're one of those OB's with a 100% pit rate as seems to be the trend now but otherwise that is a BS stat.
Yeah, I googled it as soon as I got home because it seemed off and I found the rate to be closer to 1 in 500 without any inductions.
Kelly71's Avatar Kelly71 08:25 AM 06-11-2008
This morning on AOL they had a story about Laila Ali, who's planning to have a homebirth.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/te...809x1200151972
RaRa7's Avatar RaRa7 11:32 AM 06-11-2008
hooray for her!!
DId you see some of the comments below the article?:
Carolinamidwife's Avatar Carolinamidwife 11:41 AM 06-11-2008
That's awesome!!!

And I try to never read comments at places like that, it depresses me about the general level of ignorance in this country. Do some research people.
momileigh's Avatar momileigh 01:46 AM 06-12-2008
I loved the comment about how she won't be able to take the pain. Yeah, I'm sure Laila Ali is going to have a real hard time dealing w/ pain.
Awaken's Avatar Awaken 09:07 PM 06-12-2008
cool! She looks gorgeous.
JesseMomme's Avatar JesseMomme 09:19 PM 06-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levatrice View Post
That's awesome!!!

And I try to never read comments at places like that, it depresses me about the general level of ignorance in this country. So some research people.
Yeah I just get all grumpy. Some how circ mis-info got mixed in the comments too. : See? grumpy, lol.

And way to go Laila!
beautyful's Avatar beautyful 07:10 PM 07-17-2008
I don't watch soaps, but I saw this article today about a General Hospital star whose wife gave birth at home.
Om Girl's Avatar Om Girl 11:13 PM 07-17-2008
You're forgetting Noah Wylie and his wife Tracy
edensmomma's Avatar edensmomma 02:29 AM 07-19-2008
I didnt know Pam Anderson nursed her kids and had HB's! Wow!
applejuice's Avatar applejuice 05:56 PM 08-31-2008
This thread is an older but a goodie.

Bobby Jindal, governor of Louisiana, who was on the short list for Republican VP, delivered his third child at home. It was an unexpected UC since the baby came so fast. His timber will be tested again this weekend as Hurricane Gustav tests his shores.

Mohammed Ali's DD is planning a home birth later this year also.
lwuertz's Avatar lwuertz 07:09 PM 09-07-2008
Not sure if this one is on this thread yet, but there are some brief moments shown of Morgan Spurlock & partner's home water birth at the end of his newish movie, Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?
*MamaJen*'s Avatar *MamaJen* 02:58 PM 09-12-2008
Almost a celebrity homebirth -- boxing champion Laila Ali was planning a homebirth but it looks like she had to transfer. Congrats to her on a healthy baby boy.

Ali, 30, had planned to have a natural, home birth. But her publicist, Thea Ellis, said: "There were some surprises during labor that altered Laila's birth plan." She declined to elaborate, except to say: "Mom and baby are both healthy and happy."
triplembride's Avatar triplembride 10:03 PM 11-12-2008
i just found this thread through google lol, but i'm bookmarking it cause i plan to show my family (they are supportive) of the all the celebrity homebirthers
~Megan~'s Avatar ~Megan~ 10:14 PM 11-12-2008
I just read about Mayim Bialik had a homebirth. She seems pretty cool.
ryansma's Avatar ryansma 11:09 PM 11-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
That picture made me smile. Good for her!
triplembride's Avatar triplembride 01:46 AM 11-13-2008
Quote:
i saw this too and was so happy : i love seeing others nurse/homebirth celebrity or not
Synchro246's Avatar Synchro246 11:40 PM 11-13-2008
Quote:
Hey, that's Blossom! Cool
ameliasmama's Avatar ameliasmama 09:56 PM 11-14-2008
I just saw Minnie Driver on Ellen today and she was planning a home birth, but ended up transferring.
Sarah102383's Avatar Sarah102383 11:20 PM 11-14-2008
Video of Minnie on Ellen.

Love Ellen, but Minnie is discussing having two false labors and she says "Wouldn't you want to go in for the cesarean?" Luckily Minnie explains her choice.
ameliasmama's Avatar ameliasmama 04:36 PM 11-15-2008
Yeah, I love Ellen too, but that wasn't cool!
First ... 5  13  14  15 16  17 

Up