Forum Jump: 

Old 01-29-2010, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's another article on the Budchen/Brady homebirth
http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/m...bundchens.html
Quote:
We're told Gi was profoundly influenced by director Abby Epstein's 2008 documentary, "The Business of Being Born," which makes a compelling argument for natural childbirth.
Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2010, 05:42 PM

awesome link -- a whole bunch of quotes from celeb homebirthers, as well as those who planned natural births but wound up having to have interventions: http://celebritybabyscoop.com/2010/0...section-births

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:13 PM

Gisele Bundchen-and she spoke about it in this months Vogue-strong work!

Loving wife and mama to 3 happy, healthy, home born children
Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 PM

Alyson Hannigan (from How I met your Mother) talks about her homebirth here: http://himym.fan-sites.org/?p=1091

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 05-14-2010, 06:49 PM

I love this thread. Especially the beginning pages. Had me rolling.

SAHM to my DD 4/05 aka-chloequestionasker and TTC #2 this fall
Old 05-14-2010, 09:35 PM

I love that Alyson Hannigan had a home birth.

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieGirl View Post
Hi all,

OK - i saw on one of the lists that Elly from the For Better or Worse cartoon strip had a homebirth....is that true?? We swear that my mother writes it b/c everything in the strip is about a 6 month delay from our family.

Might have to do a google search on that one!
I don't know if this had much to do with it, but I wrote Lynn Johnston back when Elly was pregnant, and told her about my homebirth in 1981, and she wrote back and said, I can't say what will happen, but there might be a surprise coming. Keep reading! A few weeks later, April was born at home...
I still have that letter in my files.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post
Okay I have to laugh at this. Of course it's awesome they had a homebirth but part of me said "of course they did". That guy does some incredibly gutsy and arguably foolish things...something tells me giving birth at home doesn't even land on their radar as even remotely dangerous (which of course it's not).

I also laugh because sometimes when I tell people I gave birth at home they act like I'm some sort of Survivor Woman...like those shows are the first thing that come to mind.
I totally thought that too after reading that. My Dh and I love that show, and have always wagered that he has to be really pro BF. I mean, talk about about a survival tool in the wild!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 08-18-2010, 05:41 PM

Actually from the article it seemed he was a little unsure about the whole thing. I believe she UCed and he was around watching it all unfold.

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
Old 08-18-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngfrankenstein View Post
Actually from the article it seemed he was a little unsure about the whole thing. I believe she UCed and he was around watching it all unfold.
I guess it's easier to drink the water out of a camels gut when you're the one who might get dysentery(sp?) Even bad a$$ survival guy has to get over a lifetime of media/medical brainwashing about birth!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 08-19-2010, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Mayim Bialik (former Blossom star)! I don't know if she's had a successful HB, but she did have a planned HB that transferred to the hospital. She's been very open about her sense of loss surrounding the experience, and how badly she wanted to give birth at home.

She is super AP/family bed/EC. She's a spokesperson for the Holistic Moms Network. In short, she basically rocks!

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
Old 08-19-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
Even bad a$$ survival guy has to get over a lifetime of media/medical brainwashing about birth!
I think a lot of it has to do with being the daddy. My midwife said my mom would be nervous during my birth just because she was/is my mother. She said she felt nervous during her daughter's homebirth just because she's the protective mama.

You should find the article. He seems nervous but supportive.

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
Old 08-19-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckiest View Post
Mayim Bialik (former Blossom star)! I don't know if she's had a successful HB, but she did have a planned HB that transferred to the hospital. She's been very open about her sense of loss surrounding the experience, and how badly she wanted to give birth at home.

She is super AP/family bed/EC. She's a spokesperson for the Holistic Moms Network. In short, she basically rocks!
She had a second subsequent succesful HB.

I follow her a lot too (and I generally don't care about celebrities). She and I have a lot in common (at least i think we do). AP, interest in Judaism, etc.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngfrankenstein View Post
I think a lot of it has to do with being the daddy. My midwife said my mom would be nervous during my birth just because she was/is my mother. She said she felt nervous during her daughter's homebirth just because she's the protective mama.

You should find the article. He seems nervous but supportive.
I just found it. He sounds supportive to me too!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Old thread, but a goodie.  Thought I would add to it.  Nick Hexum from 311 (rock group for those that haven't heard of them) and his wife have had 2 hb's.  The latest was in June and he delivered the baby (including freeing a pair of stuck shoulders, dealing with a wrapped cord, and coaxing an initially unresponsive baby girl to breathe) before the midwife got there.  She arrived in time to cut the cord and do cleanup.

User Tag List