Celebrity Homebirthers! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
First ... 3  4  5 6  7  15  ... Last
Homebirth > Celebrity Homebirthers!
cathicog's Avatar cathicog 11:40 PM 02-04-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieGirl
Hi all,

OK - i saw on one of the lists that Elly from the For Better or Worse cartoon strip had a homebirth....is that true?? We swear that my mother writes it b/c everything in the strip is about a 6 month delay from our family.

Might have to do a google search on that one!
Yes, this is true, because when she did the cartoons that said Elly was pg when Micheal and Elizabeth were like, 12 and 10 or so, I wrote her and said "pleeeeze could Elly have a homebirth" and went on to relate our UC in 1989...well, I got a lovely letter back from Lynn, the author/cartoonist and she said, "well, just wait and see what comical turn awaits, and winked. She even drew a picture of Elly on the end of the letter. I still have it, in my hardback copy of "For Better or For Worse", and it is one of my prized possesions. And as you know, Elly had April before John could get home from the office. There was a snowstorm and Connie, the nurse, lived right next door. She came over and helped. So basically Elly had almost a UC!

cathicog's Avatar cathicog 11:48 PM 02-04-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2seven
I guess we don't know for sure, but it is really, really rare for someone to agree to give an epidural at home. I read that Homefirst in Chicago will do it, but that is it. I certainly wouldn't be comfortable with it.
The reason being, of course is that epidurals are hard to regulate, as in, one of the side effects is lowering the mothers blood pressure(thereby baby doesn't get enough oxygen) and can cause fetal distress in the baby. so it is something that isn't done at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2seven
Which reminds me of another 'celebrity' homebirther. The Queen of England. Apparently Princess Diana was the first royal to give birth in the hospital and it was considered a 'common' thing to do.
Of course, why didn't *I* think of that! She had Charles, Andrew and Edward at Buckingham Palace, but Anne was born at Clarence House. (maybe she was a VBAC???) It also helps keep "common" germs away from newborn royals....but I guess Diana wanted to be "safe"...I felt so sorry for her.....
cathicog's Avatar cathicog 12:00 AM 02-05-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny1460

you can add britney Spears who had an elected C-section because she "cannot handle pain"...... well, healing from a C-section with pain-killers for 3 months.....
Maybe she just wanted the pain-killers???
Aka mommy's Avatar Aka mommy 03:36 AM 02-05-2006
Or the added tummytuck they seem to be throwing in for free these days
MrsMoon880's Avatar MrsMoon880 01:14 AM 02-11-2006
I'm not sure if they had a homebirth, but Noah Wylie (Dr. Carter on ER) and his wife are VERY AP. You can hear an interview by Dr. Gordon here http://www.drjaygordon.com/development/index.asp
beautyful's Avatar beautyful 01:25 AM 02-11-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybee'smama
I have heard this as well, I think I read it in a pg/birth book. I wish I could remember which one. Sorry to not have a source or be 100% sure, but I believe it is accurate.
I *think* it's Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.
Lizzo's Avatar Lizzo 01:58 AM 02-11-2006
I read that the womyn from King of Queens- Leah Remieny had a homebirth.
And can I say I LOVE Pam Anderson!?
I think she is beautiful, sweet and a kick ass womyn! She LOVES animals, birthed at home and is a rockin mama! Pam
Very cool thread
kerikadi's Avatar kerikadi 01:14 PM 02-11-2006
Leah Remieny did NOT have a homebirth - she had a drug free hospital birth ala Scientology and did NOT breastfeed even once

Keri
Midwife Kris's Avatar Midwife Kris 01:02 AM 02-15-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooliette
US Olympic gymnast Mihai Bagiu
He might've made the babies at home, but I gave birth to them! LOL! That's my husband.

Kris
Ms.Doula's Avatar Ms.Doula 03:34 AM 02-15-2006

WOW!! holy moly, welcome to Mothering, mama Bagiu!!!!
georgia's Avatar georgia 11:08 AM 02-15-2006
Has anyone mentioned Grammy-award-winning Erykah Badu? See the article here

I saw her last birth announcement in the Atlanta paper where it said her baby was born at home, and I thought, "I her "
georgia's Avatar georgia 11:10 AM 02-15-2006
Ooops, she was mentioned already. Goes to show I should have re-read Pam's OP

Well, Erykah's cool in my book anyway
HomeBirthMommy's Avatar HomeBirthMommy 11:15 AM 02-15-2006
That's a great article, Georgia. Thanks for the link.
Midwife Kris's Avatar Midwife Kris 04:43 PM 02-19-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doula

WOW!! holy moly, welcome to Mothering, mama Bagiu!!!!
LOL, thanks Funny thing is that I have no idea how anyone in the "birth world" who compiles such lists would know about that. Certainly my friends in the birth world think I'm a dork and far from a celebrity wife
Metasequoia's Avatar Metasequoia 07:09 PM 02-27-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyful
I *think* it's Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.
Yep, it is. I was just going to post that tidbit. Ina May talked about his book that mentioned or was based on?? hb, but said that pg mama's shouldn't read it because it's scary.
Kia74's Avatar Kia74 11:14 PM 03-04-2006
I figure Royals count as celebrities...

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/lo...cle1061009.ece
UmmBnB's Avatar UmmBnB 01:01 AM 03-05-2006
I met Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin...and Apple...and few weeks ago. I was completely star-struck when SHE struck up a conversation with ME (as she did with other parents)! Our girls were playing together at our local children's museum - they were in town for a Coldplay show. I wanted so bad to somehow work into the conversation that both my kids were born at home and see if she said anything but, alas, I was just a blabble-butt!
minkajane's Avatar minkajane 01:42 PM 03-05-2006
Did anyone notice this in the E! Online article about Joely Fisher's birth?

Quote:
The tyke was delivered at Fisher's Los Angeles abode at 1:30 a.m., tipping the scales at 7 pounds, 12 ounces.
This just struck me as annoying. We're so used to early induced and C/S babies born at 5-6 pounds that 7'12 seems enormous. :
JesseMomme's Avatar JesseMomme 01:52 PM 03-05-2006
"tipping"? Seriously? My 8 lb girl felt tiny to me after my 10lb boy
JesseMomme's Avatar JesseMomme 01:53 PM 03-05-2006
Quote:
I wanted so bad to somehow work into the conversation that both my kids were born at home and see if she said anything but, alas, I was just a blabble-butt!
Way to go there
Girl Named Sandoz's Avatar Girl Named Sandoz 02:04 PM 03-05-2006
Penny Lancaster (Rod Stewart's fiancee) had a home water birth with her first child (his seventh). Rod got in the pool with her.
cottonwood's Avatar cottonwood 03:20 AM 03-07-2006
Are you sure about the "home" part of that? Got a link?
Girl Named Sandoz's Avatar Girl Named Sandoz 09:59 AM 03-07-2006
http://people.aol.com/people/article...135159,00.html

Sorry, she had a water birth in hospital. Still, pretty cool!
laurashanley's Avatar laurashanley 10:14 PM 03-15-2006
I saw this today in the NY Daily News. What do you want to bet she gives birth in the hospital?

TOMKAT AT SEA? As Katie Holmes' springtime due date looms, sources are whispering that she and fiancé Tom Cruise can't agree on where the delivery should take place. According to Star magazine, Holmes wants to give birth in a hospital, but Cruise wants their child born at his Beverly Hills mansion. "He's concerned that at a hospital someone might sneak into Katie's room and take pictures," a source claims. Meanwhile, Scientology adversary Rick Ross says the birth may take place aboard a Scientology-owned cruise ship or at Gold Base, a heavily guarded 500-acre Scientology compound in Hemet, Calif., between L.A. and Palm Springs.
TVChick's Avatar TVChick 09:42 AM 03-22-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurashanley
I saw this today in the NY Daily News. What do you want to bet she gives birth in the hospital?

TOMKAT AT SEA? As Katie Holmes' springtime due date looms, sources are whispering that she and fiancé Tom Cruise can't agree on where the delivery should take place. According to Star magazine, Holmes wants to give birth in a hospital, but Cruise wants their child born at his Beverly Hills mansion. "He's concerned that at a hospital someone might sneak into Katie's room and take pictures," a source claims. Meanwhile, Scientology adversary Rick Ross says the birth may take place aboard a Scientology-owned cruise ship or at Gold Base, a heavily guarded 500-acre Scientology compound in Hemet, Calif., between L.A. and Palm Springs.
Wasn't Tom Cruise also the one who bought an Ultrasound machine? :
I can understand the desire for privacy, but he's really starting to sound a bit Michael Jackson-esque
Guest*'s Avatar Guest* 02:40 PM 03-22-2006
Debi Mazar had a homebirth with her first. It looks like it didn't go well, so it's unclear if she had one with her second.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,...00.html?fdnews
DesireeH's Avatar DesireeH 06:00 PM 03-22-2006
Quote:
a heavily guarded 500-acre Scientology compound in Hemet, Calif.,
thats where I live, that place scares me to even drive by. i would not want to have my baby there! some 21 year old girl died in the basement part of that place by being electricuted on accident. It doesnt sound all that homey or even safe for that matter. Granted I am sure good ole Tom could get the best accomadations but still.....oh and in case of transfer, the hospital here SUCKS.

i read that angelina wants a natural birth but i dont know about homebirth.
writermommy's Avatar writermommy 06:22 PM 03-22-2006
I doubt Tom's reasoning has anything to do with a natural, home environment for the birth. I recently read something written by a former Scientologist about their birth methods, which sound freaky to me. They separate mom from the baby for the first day of life and allow only very limited contact for the first several days. The baby is left alone in a crib for most of the first day and isn't touch unless absolutely necessary. This is called, "Processing the New Mother" or something like that. Too weird for me! This method seems incompatible with breastfeeding and I wonder about that part of it. It seems totally unnatural at a time when moms and babies should have constant contact for them to be separated!
~~Mama2B~~'s Avatar ~~Mama2B~~ 06:36 PM 03-23-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurashanley

http://www.ilsehruby.at/Thetanbirth.html

http://www.primechoice.com/philosophy/shelp/cruise.htm

Read those articles. They send chills down my spine. I really don't like Scientology parenting styles! :

Kristi
PancakeGoddess's Avatar PancakeGoddess 07:13 PM 03-23-2006
I think there's a lot of misinformation (or no longer practiced information) about scientology. FI, I am pretty sure T/K aren't planning to do that separation stuff, and DO plan to breastfeed.
First ... 3  4  5 6  7  15  ... Last

Up