Celebrity Homebirthers! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 495 Old 06-14-2006, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Her kids are older. Why shouldn't she go out? I drink somewhat while I'm breastfeeding too. I don't see how that makes anyone less "AP?" She does very natural things and she breastfeeds. Pretty much everything the mamas on these boards do.

My friend worked with her and said she was very sweet and down to earth and actually way cuter in person w/o all the makeup. She said once the camara came on she was a totally different person. You can't really judge someone by who their TV personality is, kwim?
#242 of 495 Old 06-14-2006, 12:42 PM

Plus- you go on Howard Stern and he asks questions about partying and stuff...I personally love her! And her kids are in their early teens- a mama deserves to AP herself too!!!
I read somewhere about Angelina's plans to have a waterbirth...this was before she actually had the babe via c-sect...so who knows. I like Angelina.
#243 of 495 Old 06-14-2006, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by number572
She really is a beautiful person, it goes way beyond physique. This is where society becomes the snob & the celeb is the real person. During an opportunity to interview Pamela, everyone who was working on her project (including me) walked away with a very suitable respect for her. She really is an amazing woman - who happened into a body which is soooo up for analysis in mod-day society - she likes fame but in an "as long as it helps promote some type of goodness" type of attitude. She's a cool cool woman, in short.
I think the AP stuff has to do with how we all grew up (we grew up and graduated together). Homebirthed, extended breastfed, gently raised children were well within the realm of normal in our childhood. We even had an English teacher who occasionally leaked milk (and this was even after being off for a year of maternity leave.)

Pam is very smart though. She chose her path very carefully and acts a very specific role. She is actually a flat chested athletically built brunette under all the fake stuff but from what I hear I don't think she lost sight of her inner person...
#244 of 495 Old 06-14-2006, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva
Then does she make up a lot of stories? I've heard her interviewed many, many times on Howard Stern and she is always off galavanting (w/o kids!!!) to various parties, describing her drunk escapades, etc (much more than what I've described here!). Not very AP-like at all in that respect...

She's a celebrity who is known for her outrageous uber-gorgeous party lifestyle, she's gotta keep up, yk? Must be difficult for a mom to balance being as AP as possible (what comes naturally) and their super sexy pre-babe lifestyle (her career & her fun). I'm in no position to judge. I just liked her as a person, woman to woman. I guess I just respect her for making her life the way she wants it to be.

"When the external begins to define the internal, instead of the internal defining the external, one begins living as a mortal rather than as a universal being." ~ unknown
#245 of 495 Old 06-14-2006, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilydhmama
I think the AP stuff has to do with how we all grew up (we grew up and graduated together). Homebirthed, extended breastfed, gently raised children were well within the realm of normal in our childhood. We even had an English teacher who occasionally leaked milk (and this was even after being off for a year of maternity leave.)

Pam is very smart though. She chose her path very carefully and acts a very specific role. She is actually a flat chested athletically built brunette under all the fake stuff but from what I hear I don't think she lost sight of her inner person...

no kidding... you went to school together? how funny, small world, eh?

"When the external begins to define the internal, instead of the internal defining the external, one begins living as a mortal rather than as a universal being." ~ unknown
#246 of 495 Old 06-14-2006, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzo
Plus- you go on Howard Stern and he asks questions about partying and stuff...I personally love her! And her kids are in their early teens- a mama deserves to AP herself too!!!
I read somewhere about Angelina's plans to have a waterbirth...this was before she actually had the babe via c-sect...so who knows. I like Angelina.

Lizzo, can i steal your quote for my sig-line? I love it!

"a mama deserves to AP herself too!!!" - Lizzo, 2006

#247 of 495 Old 06-14-2006, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Her kids are older. Why shouldn't she go out? I drink somewhat while I'm breastfeeding too. I don't see how that makes anyone less "AP?" She does very natural things and she breastfeeds. Pretty much everything the mamas on these boards do.
These interviews were several years ago when her kids were young and she was with Kid Rock (and before that - Tommy used to come in with her as well). I agree she can go out and drink - but her descriptions were a little more extreme than what I think a typical person would do, including time spent away and amount of alcohol consumed. I'm not trying to start a Pam debate - I just think the image she publicly projected, at least in those interviews, was not exactly AP-ish. JMO (Doesn't mean I don't like her - just that she's probably not the person I would point out to those I'm trying to describe what AP is about)
#248 of 495 Old 06-14-2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilydhmama

so you KNOW her IRL?? :
#249 of 495 Old 06-14-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva
These interviews were several years ago when her kids were young and she was with Kid Rock (and before that - Tommy used to come in with her as well). I agree she can go out and drink - but her descriptions were a little more extreme than what I think a typical person would do, including time spent away and amount of alcohol consumed. I'm not trying to start a Pam debate - I just think the image she publicly projected, at least in those interviews, was not exactly AP-ish. JMO (Doesn't mean I don't like her - just that she's probably not the person I would point out to those I'm trying to describe what AP is about)
: I hear what your saying, mamma
#250 of 495 Old 06-14-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doula
so you KNOW her IRL?? :
Knew her. We played on the same volleyball team, graduated as part of a very small class etc. We weren't big best buds or anything but certainly chatted, attended parties together etc. I went to kindergarten with her first boyfriend even - he pulled my hair lots so I think he may have liked me first

She started planning how to become famous in 10th grade or so and mapped it all out very carefully. A couple of people who were at our 20 yr reunion are still in touch with her and had nice things to say.

My other celeb connection is I stood in line with, and used the porta pottie next too Eddie from the Bare Naked Ladies. It was at a very small environmental/First Nations protest and there was even an unassisted forest birth there. So I know he has left leaning values and the BNL thought the birth was cool - but I'm not sure on his AP status.
Diane
#251 of 495 Old 06-15-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echodonn
I think that Ricki Lake is releasing a documentary about midwifery and HB. IO think that is wonderful to put out some fires and inform some people positively!!!!!!!!!
Yes, she is- I saw her interviewed and she talked about how powerful her homebirth was, that she considered becoming a midwife, but felt that she could make more of a difference by making this documentary and being a birth advocate.
#252 of 495 Old 06-15-2006, 09:53 PM

ooohhh!!! cool!!
#253 of 495 Old 06-15-2006, 10:06 PM

Actually the director of our group was with Ricki Lake at a Birthing conference that she was partaking in for more info to add to the documentary ...said she was very cool

Nursing student, (LAST SEMESTER!!!)Cloth diapering, cosleeping, breastfeeding mama to 4!!!
#254 of 495 Old 06-16-2006, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkymommi
Not to get too off topic but I just had to comment on this! Someone who works with my DP that's pregnant also gave him the book Belly Laughs to pass on to me. She ranted and raved about how hysterical it was and how I would love it sooooo much bla bla bla... That book is the most horrible peace of junk I've ever wasted my time reading : Lame-o I got about half way through and canned it. What a joke.
I also wanted to say, I found this book at a thrift store, and bought it just so I could throw it away (along with Babywise!) because of the awful things I had read about it on MDC! Hopefully the person who had those books thought thought they were crappy, too, and that's why it was at the thrift shop!
#255 of 495 Old 06-16-2006, 11:43 AM

I haven't read Belly Laughs. What kinds of awful things does she say? I love some juicy gossip!

Blessed mama of four
::
#256 of 495 Old 06-17-2006, 11:37 AM

Did Mariska Hargitay (Law & Order:SVU) have her baby yet?
#257 of 495 Old 06-17-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL
Did Mariska Hargitay (Law & Order:SVU) have her baby yet?
Not that I know of

I tend to stay on top of these things so I'll be sure to let you know when I come across it
#258 of 495 Old 06-17-2006, 09:36 PM

Is Mariska having a homebirth?

Blessed mama of four
::
#259 of 495 Old 06-17-2006, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymom
I haven't read Belly Laughs. What kinds of awful things does she say? I love some juicy gossip!
I picked up Baby Laughs, her second book, at Target today to flip through it and she has a small chapter on 'To cut or not to cut' and it is about how she says she had her son circ'd for his future wife because circ'd penis' are so much more attractive than intact : She was mad because her doc made her wait until the baby was a week old before having it done. I couldn't help but hope maybe her OB was giving her a chance to change her mind.
She talked about how they pulled out the form to strap him down on Then she had to leave the room because she couldn't stand it She said she held him and apologized but was sure his future wife would thank her

I felt nauseated so I had to put the book down :Puke
Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#260 of 495 Old 06-17-2006, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymom
Is Mariska having a homebirth?
I can only hope - I really like her.
Maybe Maggie Gillenhaal (sp?) as well - she's pretty anti-establishment.

Keri

#261 of 495 Old 06-26-2006, 10:01 PM

not sure if she's in here, but singer nelly fertado birthed at home!

Nelly Furtado on motherhood

Although we already wrote about Nelly Furtado's 2 1/2 year old daughter Nevis' influence on her music earlier this month, the release of her new album Loose means that Nelly is doing many interviews, and with that comes more information about her thoughts on mothering. Here's the latest:

- Nelly was asked by Blender Magazine what she considers herself. She replied, "Hippie! I had a homebirth with midwives."

- Nelly is known for her fabulous abs, but when asked about it, she says she thinks she has improved herself by having a child, although she admits she did struggle the first year. “I just think motherhood made me better, I think it rejuvenates you as a person, mind, body and spirit, and I think every women is different. For me, [Nevis] is almost three-years-old now, and the first couple of years I did struggle. I was a little overweight, and I was nursing her, and I kept the weight on for a while, and then I just started working out a little more.”

- Nelly credits her daughter for the youthful sounds of her new album: “When they become toddlers, walking, talking, singing, dancing, it’s like you have no choice but to experience life again, like you’re a child again, and it really had a positive impact on me.”

- Being a single mom (she and Nevis' father, DJ Lil'Jaz, broke up when Nevis was around 18 months) for the first time also had an effect on the way Nelly went about making her album: "It really made me take my job way more seriously, it made me think about my work ethic, it made me think more about providing for Nevis and her future."

-You can be split and still be a great parenting team: "[Nevis' father and I] were together for four years and friends for five or six years before that. We're fully active co-parents and really close friends, so things are irie." [Irie is a Jamaican noun for "the ultimate positive - great, excellent"].

Sources: Blender, CBS and MSNBC

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#262 of 495 Old 06-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Banned

CONGRATS Mariska Hargitay!!

She gave birth to her new baby boy yesterday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California (blahhhh). And guess what? SHE HAD A C/S! (Whatta surprise?!) BUT, she did have him a week past her expected due date and he was a whopping 10 lbs 9 oz! So for once, this was probably an EMERGENCY c/s and not a planned c-tuck/cesarian.

Anyway, congrats and welcome baby boy (I haven't heard what the name is yet)! I love Mariska, she's such a wonderful actress and I'm so happy she finally had her bundle of joy.
#263 of 495 Old 06-29-2006, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyKat
So for once, this was probably an EMERGENCY c/s and not a planned c-tuck/cesarian.
Not sure why you would assume this was an emergency Maybe not planned but not likely an emergency.

:Puke The Celebrity C/S rate must be somewhere around 75%:Puke

Keri

#264 of 495 Old 06-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

Well I assumed it because if it was a planned c/s, it most likely would have been before her due date, not a week after. But it very likely still could have been planned, that is why I said probably. I guess I just hoped that she would try to do it naturally because I her so much.
#265 of 495 Old 06-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Banned

And also isn't there ONLY 2 kinds of c/s?

Planned and "emergency"? I mean I know they do lots of unneccesary c/s but the Dr's still say they are "emergency"(Especially Cedars-Sinai) , correct?
#266 of 495 Old 06-29-2006, 07:11 PM

http://people.aol.com/people/article...204565,00.html

His name is August.

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
#267 of 495 Old 06-29-2006, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyKat
And also isn't there ONLY 2 kinds of c/s?

Planned and "emergency"? I mean I know they do lots of unneccesary c/s but the Dr's still say they are "emergency"(Especially Cedars-Sinai) , correct?
Well my point was it likely wasn't an emergency but that does't mean they didn't call it that. To me there are more than 2 kinds. For instance even doctors don't necessarily consider a FTP cesarean an emergency. There are a great deal of cesareans where the woman is 'allowed' a trial of labor but if you don't get here by this time then we'll do a cesarean and that is NOT an emergency.
Of course we don't know - maybe she was under a great deal of pressure considering her baby's size and the fact that he was 'post dates' maybe she was doing everything she could to bring labor on naturally but caved out of concern for her child.

I'm not beating up Mariska but I am just plain apalled at the number of cesarean births in Hollywood - so sad
The bigger problem here is women that have not had children yet, even the young impressionable girls keep hearing cesarean over and over again and it is becoming the norm rather than something that happens to save the life of the Mother and/or baby.

Keri

#268 of 495 Old 06-30-2006, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerikadi
The bigger problem here is women that have not had children yet, even the young impressionable girls keep hearing cesarean over and over again and it is becoming the norm rather than something that happens to save the life of the Mother and/or baby.

Keri
When I had my first baby I went back to work p/t at the local library. Two of my coworkers in their early 20s just assumed I'd had a c/s. They were both a bit surprised when I corrected them and informed them it had been a vaginal birth.
#269 of 495 Old 06-30-2006, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtain
Ack! Why is my ds' unusual name suddenly everywhere!

Congrats Mariska anyway.

Trying to get my bearings...
#270 of 495 Old 06-30-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie'sMom
Ack! Why is my ds' unusual name suddenly everywhere!

Congrats Mariska anyway.
Ellie is getting really popular too (we call my Elana Ellie). Good tastes I guess.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page