planned homebirth - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 05-16-2002, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it's just fine to do it in the birthing water & is very common to do so. from, karen of BirthTender
#32 of 33 Old 05-16-2002, 04:23 PM

Well, truth be told... I confess--- I pee'd in my birth tub...

actually urine is rather sterile, and is even recommended for wound washing where there is no clean source of water...

I would probably not do it myself if I had a UTI because that is bacteria in the bladder and urethra which might have an effect- although highly unlikely since the tub is a large quantity of chlorinated water, and baby will only be in there from birth to mom's arms. Most moms get out to birth the placenta, and like to have the water changed to get back in later...

Dad needs to be infection free too... and I'm sure he'd rather pee elsewhere... its a man thing...

The Lord bless you,
Zoie
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Godsbabycatchers
#33 of 33 Old 05-23-2002, 08:19 AM

Interesting thread. Thanks for the pee info, mamas. I'm planning a home waterbirth with second baby (due in a couple of weeks), and I've been wondering about peeing in the birthing tub. My midwife told me that a little pee in the tub is no big deal, but I shouldn't just pee with abandon. However, one of my memories with my son's hospital birth was that when the contractions got really tough, I peed a little at the peak of many of them. Some on the toilet, some on the hospital bed, which made the nurse grumpy, but hey, I certainly didn't mean to. So, I'm trying to imagine getting out of the tub every time I need to pee...I think I'd be out more than in.

Is this pretty common, or?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page