Homebirth questions for the NJ folks who did it before..... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-26-2002, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Preggo with my first -and living in NJ -

Miss candiland rocks- she has inspired me to seek out my birth experience i rightfully deserve as a woman ... love you sister!!

shes the only one i know personally who has done this with her first -
unfortunately i live in NJ - and from reading other posts- it seems to be pretty hairy trying to get around the states laws ...

does anyone have any recommendations for a midwife?I live in the Jersey Shore area (Ocean County)

also - im trying to do this with much grumbling from my mom - (who BTW is a paramedic)- and has 6 of her own ... Im trying to make her realize this is what I want- and I dont need the stress of hospitals(which i hate anyway)- and people poking me everywhere - rrrr!

Id really like to have the beautfiul experience I want - any resources / help in NJ someone can provide would be awesome

Thanks so much~*
In Love & light*
brianne
#2 of 5 Old 03-26-2002, 07:50 PM

I'm way up north, so unfortunately I can't help with a personal recommendation to a midwife, but check out this site: http://www.newjerseymidwife.org/practice.html

I'm wondering what problems you've heard about with NJ laws?

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#3 of 5 Old 03-27-2002, 12:34 PM

There was a thread here on the old boards about NJ home birth where lots of NJ moms were talking about their NJ home births. It is LEGAL to have a home birth here, there really shouldn't be any problems for you. I went to www.birthpartners.com to search for NJ midwives. I'm not exactly sure where you are but I know there are midwives in Shrewsbury, NJ that do home births--BirthWise Midwifery Care. I think that's close to the shore. Her name is Gigi Blair, she is a CNM, and works with a CPM, Linda McHale. #732-747-1235. Hope that helps. Good luck with your home birth!
#4 of 5 Old 03-27-2002, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

thanks ya'll ~
the info sure helps Shrewsbury is only a half hour up the road- and ive heard good things from there as well I never knew they did home births though...

thats wonderful !

about the "laws" - i just heard from my mom- who works in 2 hospital systems here- that the area around where i live is very political and difficult to deal with if you dont go with what everyone else does ....

I just have a strong feeling - very strong- from my intuition telling me not to go to a hospital ~ *
~
thanks mammas*
brianne*
#5 of 5 Old 03-27-2002, 09:28 PM

Hi Twilightdance--

I'm originally from Ocean County and now live in upstate NY---hope you hook up with a good team in the area. Just wanted you to know that my mom (a RN-who still lives there) doubted I could homebirth, but after helping deliver my dd here in NY, she believes in all the possibilities.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Lauren

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page