My Birth Dream (the sleeping kind of dream) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-26-2008, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The other night I had a dream that I was giving birth. (I'm not even pregnant yet, but am trying to prepare mentally for VBAC.) Anyway... I had a breakthrough I think. In my dream, I labored for a while and I was fine and supported. I started to push and then I didn't want to anymore. Right when the baby was going to crown I didn't want the baby to come out anymore. I was terrified that I was going to hear a loud pop and my body would rip open. I was also terrified not of pain, but of the sensation of something coming out of my vagina. Sooooooo..... I thought about that some. That has always been my hang up I think. I had a horrible m/c that landed me in the er because I was hemorrhaging so bad. I remember hating the sensation of the clots popping out of me. I hated that someone else had to clean me and I remember the pain being awful. I also felt very violated because they made me have a vaginal ultrasound during the worst part of it all and I was in so much pain. I was screaming. I also have a bit of abuse in my past. Anyway... It was a huge breakthrough for me. I've been trying to figure out what it was that was keeping me from progressing last time and why I couldn't relax. There were several reasons, but I know one of them for sure now. I just needed to share this dream with you ladies. I do have a question though. In light of all this, I've been thinking about hypnobirthing or hypnobabies. What is the difference in them? I'm thinking this may be the best way to help me, but I don't know the difference. The sites don't offer much detail. Thanks for listening
Sam

Wife to awesome Army guy, mommy to DD1 lady.gif 7/11/07 and bellycast.gif one on the way this October!  Planning for a  hbac.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page