A few warm wishes/good vibes, if you don't mind? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 12-19-2008, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Although we planned a homebirth with DD, our midwives ended up referring us at 30 weeks for (what turned into) intensive monitoring resulting in a diagnosis of IUGR/low amniotic fluid/breech position and a scheduled c-section at 37w3d. I didn't get to go into labor with her (only felt one BH the whole pregnancy), but I prepared for the c-section and talked to the surgeon about double-layer sutures and VBAC for my future births, etc.

Here we are, almost 3 years later, and I am pregnant again--due on the 23rd. We have a fantastic midwife who I love, baby is nice and big, has been head down since 29 weeks, and we had an ultrasound last week that showed plenty of fluid surrounding the baby, the placenta way up away from the incision site, and the scar barely visible on the scan. Everything is looking good so far!

I'm reaching out and asking for a little positive energy to be sent my way, if you have it in you right now, as well as any advice/encouragement you want to share . . . we have been in major family crisis mode with my dad's health since a few months into this pregnancy, and just moved into a new house last month; it has been a stressful year, and I am trying to center myself and get ready for the big job ahead.

And I'll be back to share my HBAC story in a week or two (or three); at this point, we still have plenty of unpacking to do, and we got six inches of snow last night . . . so this babe can stay in for awhile yet, as far as I'm concerned!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 12-19-2008, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm soo excited for you! And will surely be waiting for your birth story. Sounds like you have the positive attitude and balanced frame of mind to have a successful VBAC.

:::

Happy Birthing!!!!!!!!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#3 of 18 Old 12-19-2008, 06:39 PM

Good luck and best wishes!

Mom to energy.gif (2/01 ribboncesarean.gif), guitar.gif (11/06 ribboncesarean.gif), and love.gif (5/09 vbac.gif)
familybed1.gif  delayedvax.gif  selectivevax.gif  caffix.gifnak.gif
#4 of 18 Old 12-19-2008, 07:11 PM

lots of positive vibes, you've had a beauitful pregnancy I know you can have a beauitful peaceful birth. Good luck mama you CAN do it!

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#5 of 18 Old 12-19-2008, 07:21 PM
wbg

can't wait to read your story! wishing you a peaceful and magical birth...will be sending positive vibes your way! I know you can do it! So does your baby...who can't wait to meet it's family!

wbg...constantly amazed by Z , cherishing I , inspired by P , adoring K and still getting butterflies when I wake up with B !
#6 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 11:45 AM

You can do it! I just witnessed my friends birth this week. She had a CS at 41 wks with her first for breech. She had a successful HBAC with a 10lb 8oz baby!!!! I had a successful HBAC in January this year as well. It was amazing. I know you can do it!!!! Keep thinking positively!!

Emily, WOHM to Joshua (05) River (08) HBAC,  Rylee (09) HBAC and Levi (coming 8/11) planning another HBAC 

#7 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 07:31 PM

Oh mama, sending good vibes to you. Just don't let the unpacking etc stop you spending time relaxing and visualising your birth going great. We moved when I was 30 weeks with my DS2 and I never gave myself a minute to focus on my HBAC plans. We ended up with a 36 hr labour, transfer and repeat CS for "failure to progress." I dunno, I just got so stressed, I couldn't let go. My story has a happy ending with my DD who was born in May after a wonderful intense 5 hour labour - a VBA2C. She was planned as a HBAC and although that didn't work out, it was a drug free intervention free birth and I was, and still am, just so happy with my everyday miracle. I never thought I'd do it AND I DID!!!! I still cry thinking about it!!

I know you can do it. Do give yourself the time you need. Those boxes will still be there in a month.. (unfortunately!!) Seriously a good birth is a gift that keeps on giving. I felt so healthy after DD was born, and so strong, I could have rebuilt my house if necessary!!

Keep your focus mama - you can do this. You were built for it. Happy happy birthing :
#8 of 18 Old 12-29-2008, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

I did it! :

The day before my due date, my water broke in the evening. Contractions started up right away, but took a looooong time to get into high gear. However, 58 hours later our son was born--at home, in our bedroom, as heavy snow fell outside. He was born at 5:15 on the morning of the 25th, and we have all been in absolute bliss ever since.

Still working on putting together all of the details of the labor and birth, but I hope to get a birth story written this week. In between nursing, toddler care, and snuggling the cuddliest baby I have seen since DD.
#9 of 18 Old 12-29-2008, 07:02 PM

Sweet!! I'm so happy for you. And maybe I know you! Do you go to Seattle ICAN meetings?

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#10 of 18 Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, what an incredible accomplishment- I'm not sure If I wouldv'e been able to take that looong of a labor, great job! Can't wait for the details (as I live vicariously through other VBAC mommas)!

Congrats Again!!! :::

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#11 of 18 Old 12-29-2008, 09:12 PM

Congratulations! I'm glad things went well for you.

Mom to energy.gif (2/01 ribboncesarean.gif), guitar.gif (11/06 ribboncesarean.gif), and love.gif (5/09 vbac.gif)
familybed1.gif  delayedvax.gif  selectivevax.gif  caffix.gifnak.gif
#12 of 18 Old 12-30-2008, 02:55 AM

Congratulations from another Seattle mom! Way to go! Enjoy your babymoon!

Sharon

Birth doula, doula trainer, ican leader, lamaze childbirth educator, and most importantly, mom of 2 great girls!
#13 of 18 Old 12-31-2008, 01:12 AM

Congratulations!
#14 of 18 Old 12-31-2008, 02:19 AM
wbg

Well done...you are a super strong Mama! I am thrilled for you!

wbg...constantly amazed by Z , cherishing I , inspired by P , adoring K and still getting butterflies when I wake up with B !
#15 of 18 Old 01-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Congratulations! I'm sure you did a great job dealing with such a long labor and still having your beautiful baby at home! Way to go!! :

Proud Army wife and Momma of two.
Jay-my precious boy 2/20/08 & Caroline-my beautiful HBAC baby 8/22/09 :
#16 of 18 Old 01-03-2009, 05:32 PM

Congratulations and well done! I was going to send good wishes but then I realized you'd already given birth! Awesome! XXXX *HUGE* hugs XXX

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#17 of 18 Old 01-03-2009, 06:10 PM

Yay!: Amazing. Well done!
#18 of 18 Old 01-03-2009, 10:00 PM

congrats!!!!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version