Epiphany - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrinkley View Post
For me, this was a first. I have never watched a cesarean all the way through. I just simply decided it was time. I had a failed induction three years ago, a VBAC attempt that turned CBAC two years ago and I'm due with our third in June. We are planning a homebirth VBA2C. I am fully convinced that the majority of women can birth, if left to birth naturally on their own time in a safe and quiet, low profile environment. I pray that I never ever have to go through that procedure again. It is horrible...recovery was horrible...emotional recovery even worse!

I'm sorry you didn't get the childbirth experiences you had hoped and planned for (yet, that is! ) I too am recovering emotionally from my unplanned 2nd c/s. It IS horrible! I also am fully convinced that IF YOU LEAVE ME ALONE I can do it! Good luck.

I tried again to watch the c/s video because part of me thinks I need to see that...yeah, once they got out the scalpel I had to shut the video down I'm glad it's available for those who need it, unfortunately, I wasn't one of them but I got the surgery twice anyways...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 45 Old 01-10-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Time Mama View Post
I can't watch it. Just thinking about what was done to my body during the c section makes me sick. And Angry.

My thoughts, exactly.

It's a good thing though, for a woman pregnant with her first to watch. I run out of fingers when I count my friends (and include myself) who were scared into a c/s by their doctor. I wish I'd been more educated! Education by YouTube! why not!?

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#33 of 45 Old 01-14-2009, 04:18 AM

wow. I can't believe that was done to me . I am praying that I get my VBAC this time and with all my future children. I can't imagine going through that again.
#34 of 45 Old 01-14-2009, 11:04 AM

I almost passed out, went in the bathroom and threw up. I know that all of that was done to me, I could feel it and now I know what exactly I was feeling. The epi didn't work for me and I still had some sensations during the surgery but they didn't believe me. Just when I started screaming the anesthesiologist got scared and offered me to knock me out which I refused because I was terrified that something can happen to my son and me not being conscious to help him. Like I could help him, strapped down and cut open. I will never go again through this! I hope, and I pray every day.
#35 of 45 Old 01-14-2009, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by christy005 View Post
I am praying that I get my VBAC this time and with all my future children. I can't imagine going through that again.
: I'm rooting for you! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumi79 View Post
I almost passed out, went in the bathroom and threw up.
I am still thinking about it, all this time later. It's frightening that docs 'sell' the surgery as easy, when you can tell by the video, it's no gentle procedure. Some do have easier recoveries than others, but now I think that maybe that's more the mother's protective hormones going on...personally I did NOT have an easy recovery and felt disadvantaged. But I'm healing. And I hope you are too.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#36 of 45 Old 02-02-2009, 08:52 PM

I had my c-section on 1/20/09. I thought that I'd be able to watch this video, how wrong was I. I could not stomach it

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#37 of 45 Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
I had my c-section on 1/20/09. I thought that I'd be able to watch this video, how wrong was I. I could not stomach it
I saw in your DDC that you had delivered a while back- Congrats!!!

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#38 of 45 Old 02-02-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
I just watched a c/s on Utube. If you've had a c/s or are considering a RCS, it might be worth watching- it's incredible to say the least. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoCN18ftKzI

After watching, I sat in silence, simply stunned that I had been through this. It seems like a horror movie!
I watched one when ds1 was about...two, I guess? My scar hadn't bothered me in at least a year. I got less than 3 minutes into the video and it started to burn. It didn't stop the whole time.

I'm always astonished that anybody who has watched one would choose it, without a medical reason. (Mind you, I don't really have a medical reason for doing it that way next time.)

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#39 of 45 Old 02-02-2009, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post
I'm always astonished that anybody who has watched one would choose it, without a medical reason. (Mind you, I don't really have a medical reason for doing it that way next time.)
I know, me too.

What's weird is that I felt like I needed to watch it that first time, then I showed DH (who was not at all moved in any way ) and I haven't wanted to watch again. Now youtube birth videos...i could watch them all day, even though it feels silly getting a kick out of watching someone else's great delivery!

#40 of 45 Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 PM

s to everyone who has been through this.

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#41 of 45 Old 02-03-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
I saw in your DDC that you had delivered a while back- Congrats!!!

Thank you fellow addict

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#42 of 45 Old 02-03-2009, 01:07 PM

Thank you Lord I just had a VBAC. I couldn't watch the whole thing. I can't believe I went through that, watching it makes me want to vomit.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#43 of 45 Old 02-03-2009, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn237 View Post
Thank you Lord I just had a VBAC.
Congrats on your VBAC! : I also read your birth story!

#44 of 45 Old 02-03-2009, 01:54 PM

I just watched, forced myself really. I need to get over my c/s, I also want to help other mothers, so that is why I watched. After 2 years I need to heal.
#45 of 45 Old 02-05-2009, 03:17 PM

Oh, I couldn't even watch the whole thing.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page