Epiphany - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 12-28-2008, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just watched a c/s on Utube. If you've had a c/s or are considering a RCS, it might be worth watching- it's incredible to say the least. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoCN18ftKzI

After watching, I sat in silence, simply stunned that I had been through this. It seems like a horror movie!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#2 of 45 Old 12-28-2008, 11:45 AM

I had to watch it....... and I agree. I cannot BELIEVE I went through that. I also cannot BELIEVE that anyone would choose this (for non medically necessary or emergency reasons)

Horrific. Truely horrific.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#3 of 45 Old 12-28-2008, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
I had to watch it....... and I agree. I cannot BELIEVE I went through that. I also cannot BELIEVE that anyone would choose this (for non medically necessary or emergency reasons)
I know!!! I'd take a tear anyday over going through that again!

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#4 of 45 Old 12-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Fay

My natural VBAC w/extra-long labor + posterior baby was soooooooo much easier than my failed induction + c/s recovery!!!! I just don't understand how women have come to believe that c/s is easier than natural childbirth.

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
#5 of 45 Old 12-29-2008, 03:04 PM

Please let me VBAC, please let me VBAC.....that poor mama, that poor baby. No wonder he was pooping all over the place.
#6 of 45 Old 12-29-2008, 03:32 PM

I didn't watch that, but I've seen a C-section video before...only one, because after that, I couldn't watch anymore! I was stunned to see how it really went down on the other side of the curtain. Particularly how forcefully they rip the skin open after making the incision...seems so BARBARIC. :
#7 of 45 Old 12-29-2008, 03:37 PM

I can't do a VBAC, so I'm not going to even try to watch.

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#8 of 45 Old 12-29-2008, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
I can't do a VBAC, so I'm not going to even try to watch.
Yes, you definitely don't want to see it.

#9 of 45 Old 12-29-2008, 03:42 PM

Whoa. I really had no idea what a C/S was like. And people think this is safer and easier?

I am so glad I've had all vaginal births!

#10 of 45 Old 12-29-2008, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild~blossom View Post
I am so glad I've had all vaginal births!
Wish we were all that fortunate!

#11 of 45 Old 12-30-2008, 11:57 PM

I didn't get very far, couldn't watch all of it. Ugh, DH always says I looked dead and he watched the OB with her arm inside me cleaning me out. I don't think I need to know anymore than that.

Of course they think its easier, the OB has all the control.

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#12 of 45 Old 01-01-2009, 11:01 PM

It really is amazing, what people will believe. It is like a horror movie, yet the doctors tell us that it is better and safer. I don't understand it.
Of course it's better for the doctor - a small fraction of the work for a lot more money, and all they see of the patient(s) is a few minutes in the OR, once or twice before leaving the hospital, and the 6 week check up. They aren't the ones who have to force themselves get up just to walk to the bathroom, or the ones who have to figure out how to lie down comfortably, or the ones who have to take care of a baby and go back to normal life while recovering from a major surgery.
I never want to go through that again. And really, mine was a remarkably smooth c/s and recovery!

Proud Army wife and Momma of two.
Jay-my precious boy 2/20/08 & Caroline-my beautiful HBAC baby 8/22/09 :
#13 of 45 Old 01-02-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Wish we were all that fortunate!

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#14 of 45 Old 01-02-2009, 11:45 PM

Ya know...I have my first c-section on film....it was an unplanned c/s and part of me is glad I have it because I remember sooooooooo little about my son's labor and birth but knowing what I know now I dont think I could EVER EVER EVER watch it again.
#15 of 45 Old 01-03-2009, 01:27 AM

That kind of made me want to throw up.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#16 of 45 Old 01-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Banned

DH watched my whole c-section, and he was amazed. He thought it was awesome how quick they handled it (it was over, start to finish, in less than 5 minutes, I kid you not) and he said seeing them pull our son out was just something he could never forget. After our son was pulled out DH went and handled that aspect, but also got to see them stitch me up a bit. He was fascinated. But he's weird like that. : Me? No way. I can't handle any of that and told them all I had no desire to watch or see any of it at all or I'd for sure pass out. I will not be clicking that link lol.
#17 of 45 Old 01-03-2009, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabs View Post
I will not be clicking that link lol.
I know the feeling! I just had this overwhelming urge to see reality and decided it was time to move on and heal. If that makes any sense. Seeing it helps me confirm that I really want a VBAC if possible!

#18 of 45 Old 01-03-2009, 03:45 AM

I can't watch it. Just thinking about what was done to my body during the c section makes me sick. And Angry.

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
#19 of 45 Old 01-03-2009, 10:04 AM

I know it is hard for so many mamas here to watch this video, or even to think about it, particularly if you've experienced emotional trauma after a previous C-section. my heart goes out to you. I have had 1 C section and 1 VBAC myself.

I have to admit, though, that I actually find the video amazing. to think that a baby can be removed in under 5 minutes that way is just phenomenal. For the times when it is really necessary and saves lives, it is just really an awesome thing to behold. When it is not necessary, then it is pretty revolting.
#20 of 45 Old 01-03-2009, 11:44 AM

It made my stomach churn, interesting to see once I remove my emotional self from watching it but when it's just me the mama it hurts. I can't believe I was so brutally violated.

ETA: For the mamas this video helps on the road to recovery I think it's a wonderful thing. I don't think c-section are a bad thing it has it's time and place, mine wasn't necessary.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#21 of 45 Old 01-03-2009, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily's Mama View Post
For the times when it is really necessary and saves lives, it is just really an awesome thing to behold. When it is not necessary, then it is pretty revolting.
I agree. And congrats on your successful VBAC!

#22 of 45 Old 01-05-2009, 02:20 PM

Oh man, I can't watch it. I want to VBAC soooo badly, but I am having all sorts of fears and doubts that I'm afraid I'll cave in and schedule another section........ ahhhhh!!! I'm only 22 weeks and the anxiety is killing me. If I don't get past this, there is no hope for me making it through a labor.

Catherine and B stillheart.gif DS1 (6) biggrinbounce.gif DD (4) loveeyes.gif DS2 (1) drool.gif and expecting #4 shamrocksmile.gif on March 17, 2014.  
#23 of 45 Old 01-05-2009, 03:00 PM

wow. I am way too squeamish, I didn't even make it through the initial incision and I quit watching. I am grateful that my DD is here and healthy because of my c-section - but I don't want to go through that again!
#24 of 45 Old 01-06-2009, 12:32 AM

UGH. I don't know whether I want to cry or barf. I can't believe I let them do that to me when it really wasn't necessary.

I am determined now more than ever to do everything I can to make my planned at home VBAC a successful one. Thank you.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#25 of 45 Old 01-06-2009, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama*pisces View Post
I am determined now more than ever to do everything I can to make my planned at home VBAC a successful one. Thank you.
That's why I posted it. Your welcome.

#26 of 45 Old 01-06-2009, 07:24 AM

I can't watch it. Even just pictures of cesareans can trigger me into a complete breakdown. I accidentally saw one in a show we had on tape once & it took me half an hour to recover from a few second bit (h saw I was freaking and got it off the screen). Seven years & I'm still not 'recovered'.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#27 of 45 Old 01-06-2009, 03:41 PM

I scanned through the video, but I couldn't watch it straight through.

My daughter was an emergency C-section. I had eclamptic seizures and was not conscious for the procedure. They got my baby out in 28 seconds and saved both our lives.

My son was a ERCS. We were going for a VBAC until my OB told me the day before my due date that the baby was "too big". It was also two days before Thanksgiving, with my OB headed out of town for the holiday, and I caved in and agreed to a C/S for that evening. I was in early labor at that point, and I was so scared of having a second child delivered by a stranger. All in all, it was a much better experience than my first C-section, but I still regret having made that decision.

Mom to energy.gif (2/01 ribboncesarean.gif), guitar.gif (11/06 ribboncesarean.gif), and love.gif (5/09 vbac.gif)
familybed1.gif  delayedvax.gif  selectivevax.gif  caffix.gifnak.gif
#28 of 45 Old 01-06-2009, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
Seven years & I'm still not 'recovered'.
I'm sorry for your trama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ami* View Post
All in all, it was a much better experience than my first C-section, but I still regret having made that decision.
I'm glad the c/s saved your first baby's life and that the second was easy for you. I hope this pregnancy and delivery is healthy too.

#29 of 45 Old 01-06-2009, 05:12 PM

For me, this was a first. I have never watched a cesarean all the way through. I just simply decided it was time. I had a failed induction three years ago, a VBAC attempt that turned CBAC two years ago and I'm due with our third in June. We are planning a homebirth VBA2C. I am fully convinced that the majority of women can birth, if left to birth naturally on their own time in a safe and quiet, low profile environment. I pray that I never ever have to go through that procedure again. It is horrible...recovery was horrible...emotional recovery even worse!
#30 of 45 Old 01-06-2009, 05:48 PM

I had to watch it......arg.....I wish I didn't though.

Like so many of you said, I can't believe I let them do that to me!

That just gave me SUCH A HUGE boost of "I can do it" power for a VBAC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me (30), DH (31), DS (3.5 yrs - 5/07), DD (1.5 yr - 2/09) via VBAC!!! DS (newborn - 11/10) via natural VBAC! 2 angel babies - 06/06 & 04/08

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page