How far over your EDD did you go for your 1st VBAC? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 04-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My EDD according to LMP was 3/6 but I have long cycles so I used 3/9, the sono date. My VBAC baby was born on 3/5. I was so worried about negotiating extra time that I never thought she'd be early. My first baby was a scheduled c-section due to breech so I had no experience with labor and didn't realize I was in labor until I was really far along.
#32 of 50 Old 04-13-2009, 10:00 PM

vba2c at 41w5d induced. 10#8oz. 37cm head. intact perineum (I got really lucky there)

we cook 'em long and large in my family. my sisters kids, both VB, were 42 weekers. 10# and 10#4oz

No GD.

Stinkerton 12/10/01 9lbs8oz, induced to c/s; Little Man 5/20/03 7lbs11oz, r c/s, fear of another labor; Jillybean 11/18/07 10lbs8oz 37cm head, induced VBA2C; and the Wee Beastie, 9lbs8oz, 35cm head, rpt VBA2C
#33 of 50 Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM

My first vbac (at home) was 2 days past my due date. My second vbac (at home) was 17 days past my due date! My midwife explained to me that beyond 42 weeks was beyond the standard of care and that she would be really putting her neck out to go forward with me after that. But she had been with me through all 3 babies (first went 15 days) and knows I care for myself very well and am in tune with my body. She was willing to stick it out with me. However, I went in at 42 weeks and got a biophyisical profile (ultrasound that checks on baby and uterine environment to see if it is prudent to continue as is or seek medical help). Me and baby were just fine so we waited another 2 days and he came on his own...4 hour labor and all 10 pounds of him! I would have been required to get another bio. profile every 2 days or so until he was born. Maybe that is an option for you? My philosophy was that if I felt good and baby was good what reason was there NOT to just wait?

amy

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
#34 of 50 Old 04-14-2009, 11:13 AM

well haven't gotten pg yet for my second baby, but dd (my c/s) was 41.3 days. i picked the wrong provider and was feeling a lot of pressure to induce from ohhh about 40 weeks on.

actually she started talking induction at 38 weeks. anyhow, wont be going back there... but i do think that im going to give my self a few extra days in my favor when i see my next provider. maybe like 5-7 or so. it will depend but that's what i think i will do. that stress at the end was so awful and i blame it partially on getting a c/s.
#35 of 50 Old 04-14-2009, 04:09 PM

My c/s was after a long labor at roughly 42 weeks. My VBAC was a short labor at roughly 40 weeks.

After my c/s I learned that the babe's position can delay the start of labor as well as influence how labor goes. DD1 was head down but she was posterior (backwards) and asynclitic (hed tilted to the side). I spent a lot of time following the spinningbabies and optimal fetal positioning suggestions during my second pregnancy and think that helped. Well, that and the fact that my body had already "done it" once before. Since you didn't start labor on your own last time your body may just need more time to warm up... I hope you had a wonderful birth!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#36 of 50 Old 09-08-2009, 09:30 PM

My 1st birth was a csection due to twins presenting breech...I had a spontaneous labor and drug free VBAC with my daughter in July at 41w6days...
#37 of 50 Old 09-10-2009, 12:33 AM

My VBAC baby was born at 40+5. Short labor (less than 4 hours)- got to the hospital at 8cm and he was born about 1.5 hours after I got there.

Praying for a VBA2C sometime in the next 3 or 4 weeks!
#38 of 50 Old 09-11-2009, 08:57 AM

41 weeks 2 days and also quite obviously post dates and PERFECT =)
#39 of 50 Old 09-11-2009, 05:06 PM

I went 24 days over. Had to drop care, basically, to do it too. In the end, I had a repeat c-sec for bad late decels after 27 hours of labor at home. But, it was an attempted VBAC. Does that count? My 1st c-sec was for transverse breech.

Oh, and my 24-day late baby was 9 lbs 10 oz, which seems gigantic, but he was only 3 oz bigger than my previous baby (10 days late) and 4 oz bigger than my one before that (2 weeks early!).

Mama to ds12, dd9, dd3.5, and ds20mo, plus 15 cows, 2 dogs, 2 cats, chickens, ducks, turkeys, and bees!
#40 of 50 Old 09-11-2009, 07:14 PM

I went to 40+3 which I now realize is no big deal. Good for you all you 42+ weekers!

Wife to A, Mama to little man H (5), and little E (2) my VBAC baby girl!
#41 of 50 Old 09-13-2009, 10:09 PM

My VBA2C baby was born at 41w6d. I started prodromal labor on my due date. Active labor began on 41w5d and he was born just after midnight.
#42 of 50 Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 AM

My VBA2C baby was 13 days overdue. I was very lucky, my midwife has no cut off dates, as long as baby and I were healthy, we could go as long as it took.

I think going into a spontaneous labor was very helpful in my success. I had tried a lot of things to get labor going about week overdue (acupuncture, pressure point massage, etc...) and was really getting very stressed out that labor wasn't happening. Finally, about 11 days overdue, I decided I could not control this process, I was just going to have to let everything unfold as it was meant to (and believe me, that was hard to surrender to).

When I'd finally almost given up on labor, I did go into labor at 41 w + 6 days and had a great VBA2C!
#43 of 50 Old 09-14-2009, 11:25 AM

My first (and 5th) VBAC was 43w2d (23 days "late"). I ovulate 10 days later than the normal woman. They say that is a sign of infertility, but I am on PG #8. Ha! What do "they" know?

The latest baby, a 4th VBAC, I have had (all healthy) was 43w5d. He was a biggun', but it was the best birth ever!! Everything went splendidly.

My only complicated births were on their due dates; the csection and my 3rd VBAC. My quickest births were 10-15-23 days late.

They cannot MAKE you get a section because of post dates. They cannot just drop you, they may threaten it, as there is some law against that. You can wait until labor (doing kick counts twice a day) and then go in anywhere to VBAC. However, it isn't the best idea, it is sometimes the only way to get a VBAC/healthy birth for both of you.

With my first VBAC, they did NSTs twice a week until she was born. The birth went perfectly fine. Maybe you could tell them that you ovulate later than the average woman. Who can argue with that?

Yes, your baby sounded small enough the first time, I doubt this one will be huge. And, besides, I usually have 6-7lbers even going so late, except the almost 44wker. He was 9lbs3oz, and it went fine. He was big, but fine and healthy, as I was as well. Kymberli
#44 of 50 Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 AM

My c/s was done at 40w1d, my VBAC was 40w4d.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#45 of 50 Old 09-18-2009, 04:10 PM

42w and 4 days.... edd was based on implantation/conception

43w if counting from lmp

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#46 of 50 Old 09-19-2009, 01:27 PM

I went into labor at 41w1d & had a 25 hour labor so my son was born at 41w2d.

I am very petite. My c/s baby was 7lb 11oz (the c/s was "FTP"). My son was estimated that he would be born around 9lbs. My midwives were fine with it, but the doc that backed them up tried to talk me into a repeat section because he was "so large" & I was so tiny. I declined. My son was born at 8lb 6 oz & once I (finally!) reached 10cm he was out in 30 minutes with no problems & minimal tearing.
#47 of 50 Old 09-21-2009, 09:18 AM

I went one week over EDD.

I had been seeing an OB (was unable to get a midwife - the birthing centres here are government regulated and most people in my city just end up on a waiting list). At my last appointment with her (I was around 38? wks) as I was walking out the door she casually mentioned "ok, so I'll call and schedule you a c-section just in case you go too far past your EDD". The most "convenient" date was only 6 days past my EDD!

I freaked out and called my doula who was able to get me in with a VBAC-friendly GP at the last minute (yay!). He never said anything at all about ever scheduling a c-section, but did talk about doing NSTs if I went a couple of weeks overdue. I'm not sure what his "limit" would be for "letting" me go past my EDD, but I was certainly willing to refuse a c-section if it came to that (as long as tests showed baby was doing fine).

This time around I plan to fudge the date of my LMP a bit to give me a bit of wiggle room.

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#48 of 50 Old 09-21-2009, 09:22 AM

My first and second VBACs were both three days past my due date and were not induced. For comparison, my first child (the c-section) was three days before her due date.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#49 of 50 Old 09-21-2009, 02:24 PM

I went 6 days over with my VBAC. She was my earliest and littlest baby to date. My first (vag) was 11 days over, and my 2nd (section) was 2 weeks over date.

Janet ~ Wife to Bryon (Ret. USN), Mama to Korbyn(12)homebirth.jpg, Koltyn (7)homebirth.jpgribboncesarean.gif, and Kashlynn (6/23/09)vbac.gif Our long awaited little girl!! ... a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised (proverbs 31:30)

#50 of 50 Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 PM

My DS (emergency c-section) was very close to 42 weeks. My dates were all over the place.

My DD (HBAC, waterbirth) started active labor (with water breaking) at 40w5d and she was born at 41w. I had a very long labor and had a lot of emotional stuff to get through apparently. I thought I had gotten passed it all but I guess not. Oh and I was very certain on her dates.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page