#61 of 70 Old 06-23-2009, 02:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rands View Post
i did it! no drugs, no hospital, 1 stitch!! 8'4", 23 inches long
Woohoo! Congrats!

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 70 Old 06-23-2009, 07:46 PM

Such wonderful news!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#63 of 70 Old 06-23-2009, 07:48 PM

fabulous!!!!!
#64 of 70 Old 06-24-2009, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so happy you did it!!! Congrats on your cute little one! :

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#65 of 70 Old 06-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Pau

Bravo !!
#66 of 70 Old 06-25-2009, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

I will definitely post the birth story when I get a chance. On cloud nine right now...nursing is going amazing!
#67 of 70 Old 07-04-2009, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

here is the birth story...2 weeks later but its been busy. i can't thank you all enough for all the support. it meant a lot.

The night before Fathers Day I went to bed having slightly painful contractions in my back that radiated around to my belly. They lasted all night...but not enough to keep me fully awake...though I was aware of them. On Sunday morning they had piddled out but were still happening randomly and more painfully. Dave and I got in a little tiff because I told him to stay home from work because I thought it was going to happen...but he didn't want to call in if it was a "false alarm". He left and while changing Jonah's diaper I had a really painful contraction. I was exhausted and decided I was taking Jonah to bed with me to try and get him to nap early because I needed to sleep too. About 5 minutes after laying down I heard Dave pull in the driveway. He'd turned around and come home. We got out of bed and decided to get out of the house and run our last few errands and try to get the contractions going again.

All day they came and went but they weren't getting closer or worse. Later in the afternoon we put Jonah down and decided to have some sex. Afterwards we had a lovely nap with our baby and I woke up feeling refreshed. We decided to go to my Dad's bar for an early dinner. While we were there contractions got really painful. They were about 10 minutes apart and lasting a minute and a half. As we were leaving my dad joked that I probably still had like 20 more hours of labour. I was honestly prepared for something like that. We went home and got Jonah ready for bed. Around the time I was putting him to sleep the contractions started to become REALLY strong. I wasn't coping very well already. They were more painful than any contraction I had in my first labour. I wasn't prepared for it to be so bad and already started talking about an epidural! Wimp! By around 10pm I decided to call the midwife to tell her what was up and prepare her for a possible call in the middle of the night. She told me to go to bed and call her if they got to 5 minutes apart. I knew there was no way in hell I could sleep in this much pain and as soon as I hung up the contractions went to 5, 4 and 3 minutes apart and ridiculously painful. Dave was massaging my lower back and I was bent over and moaning through them. 45 minutes after our first phone call to the midwife we were on our way to the clinic to be checked.

The drive was pure hell. There was a picture of Jonah on the floor of the back seat and honestly I don't think I would've made it without that. It was only there because Dave's parents had given it to him the day before as a Fathers Day gift. I was on all fours in the front seat with it reclined and my hands on the floor of the back seat. It was the most painful 30-40 minutes of my life. When we got to the clinic the anxiety set in. I was terrified to be checked and for Linda to tell me that I was like 2cms and to go home. To my surprise she said I was 6-7...stretching to an 8 during a contraction. Dave and I were SO happy and couldn't believe it! Then my water broke. We had a moment where she really wanted me to decide what I wanted to do since I was saying I couldn't do it and needed drugs. Dave reminded me and her that what I wanted was to do it at the clinic and not the hospital. We decided to get me upstairs and into the bathtub.

GLORIOUS!! Poor Dave must've been dying from repeatedly pouring hot water over my belly. I laid in the tub and tried to stay calm. The contractions got so bad that I began to lose focus but the midwife and student would remind me to breathe and I would get back into my zone. I was moaning very low and dunking my head into the water with contractions. I thought I was in there forever. I started to feel pukey and pushy and Linda checked me. I was 9 with a little lip so she had me turn onto my side. That was the most painful contraction I can remember and I felt like I was splitting in half. After that it was push time!! Dave kept reminding me that I was doing it....that I was going to have my moment. I couldn't believe it. I was so in the zone I just kept everything inside and kept pushing. We moved out of the tub to the birthing stool for a bit and then the rest of the pushing was on the bed to try and get him under my pubic bone. I felt like I was pushing for an eternity. I started getting so tired and felt like it was never going to happen. I got lazy for a bit just resting up. Then Dave gave me some gatorade and told me to "push this fucking baby out so we can go home to Jonah". That got me pumped and I pushed with all I had. Finally I started to feel him coming down...it burned like HELL. Right at the end something happened and Linda got in there and popped his shoulder out. It was so fast but apparently he pooped on the way out...his shoulder was a little stuck...and she had to get him out but his cord broke. He was blue for a short while and they suctioned him and gave him a little oxygen and he pinked right up. For some reason I was never worried. Linda was amazing and I never once doubted that she knew exactly what she was doing. We got to the clinic sometime between midnight and 1am and Pacey was born at 3:45am. Nobody could believe how fast it went. 55 minutes of it was pushing.

I was on cloud 9. It was awesome and so much better than my c-section. It renewed my confidence as a woman and I know Dave was so proud of me as well. I felt so accomplished for sticking to my guns when it seemed like nobody believed I could do it.
#68 of 70 Old 07-05-2009, 12:31 AM

OMG so fricken awesome!! YAY for you!!!

CPST
#69 of 70 Old 07-05-2009, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
So cool!! :::

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#70 of 70 Old 07-06-2009, 03:13 AM

beautiful birth story
thank you for sharing...it's really inspirational

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page