"VBACs" always go into labor early." Huh? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went into labor on my due date and had a successful HBAC. Less than 5% of women deliver on their due date, so in my eyes, anything is possible!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 07-29-2009, 10:25 AM

My MIL works for a hospital in the OR and she said the exact same thing to me last night when I was talking about having a VBAC. She said "well since DS came at 39 weeks and you're VBACing, you'll likely have this baby at 38 weeks or sooner." HUH?
#33 of 36 Old 08-09-2009, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I wonder if she meant that many mamas gestate longer in their first pregnancy, and not as long with their subsequent pregnancies? So a vbac mama by default isn't a "first pregnancy mama"? It's certainly not a "sure thing" and I think the studies that are out there show it's only a matter of a few days earlier on average... but it's one of those comments you see a lot (the "second babes come sooner" thing).

I wonder also.

With my first, I was induced and had a c/s, but I went into labor naturally when I had my VBAC at 38 weeks.
#34 of 36 Old 08-09-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post
I don't know any stats but considering how many women on here I see upset about the possibility of a forced induction because they are pushing 41 weeks, I find it highly suspect.
I would be in this club at 40 weeks/2 days...my sis was 10 days past and VBAC as well.
#35 of 36 Old 08-10-2009, 12:59 PM

Interesting stuff that gets pulled out of asses, eh?

I had a c sec for the first(breech) and then the next two births were 3 and 5 days before their "due dates." That being said, I also had a different HCP who is a practicing naturopath and she gave me a cordial to prepare my body for labour. Boy, did it ever work.
#36 of 36 Old 08-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Both my VBACs came 3 days past their due dates whereas my c-section was 3 days before my due date. Both my VBAC labors began on their own, but with my c-section baby my water broke and I was induced prior to having contractions on my own.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page