Mothering Forum banner

GD, VBAC, feeling down & like any chance could be slipping through my fingers?

745 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  roadfamily6now 
#1 ·
I am not sure exactly what I am feeling except to say I just broke down in tears to DH after doing my AM fasting check. I am 36 weeks & up until a few weeks ago, I wasn't having any problems with any of my #s. The past couple weeks it has gotten harder & harder to keep things in check-more so the AM fasting. This AMs was 104...the past few days were 92, 95, 98, 100...last weeks #s were my worst so far & my OB said she wasn't looking to put me on insulin but was concerned they were climbing & that I need to get them in check. I also admitted that new years weekend was a free for all...we were entertaining guests for a few nights & I ate whatever I wanted. So there is an explanation for the bad #s. But now I am back on track & bringing them back down-but they still don't look that great.

I went for an EFW U/S a week ago & the baby was showing in the 42% which even factoring in a 2lb error, seems to prove I am not carrying a huge baby this time around. I am not on insulin yet, but have stayed on my metformin this pregnancy so technically-I am considered risk of some sort.

I am stressing over how honest to be with reporting the #s this week to try & buy myself another week. I go back & forth between wondering how bad it is to be 5-10 points over, what it does to my baby vs the dangers & implications of insulin.

And then I start to get teary eyed all over again...hating having to deal with this, starting to feel the anxiety of it all, the wondering how things will go over the next few weeks...if I will get a chance to labor or if the GD will end up controlling things for me...

Plus we still can't decide if I do go into labor-how long to labor at home with our doula, when to head up to the hospital (an hour away), whether to go ahead with laboring at the hotel or if that is going to be more of a hassle...all the talk about laboring at home for as long as possible with VBACs yet the perceived increase risk of VBACs & needing to be monitored...

I guess I am feeling overwhelmed. I probably sound crazy. I don't understand why I am so emotional today.

See less See more
#2 ·
lol...a few hours after posting yesterday I started to get a horrible sore throat with head congestion. By the evening last night, I was down for the count with a head cold. Ended up awake all night with the most painful sore throat ever...

I guess my pregnancy worries combined with my body & mind knowing this was coming on was a little too much for me yesterday. Hope this cold moves out fast.

#4 ·
Thx so much for your reply. I have used the GD nutritionist a few times but just like last time...around the last month or 6 weeks, things I was able to eat all along have to start to be eliminated to keep the #s in check. I mostly have it figured out but it gets frustrating to still see those AM fastings close to her "warning zone". This AMs was 86 which was so reassuring & much needed.

#5 ·
I know some dieticians don't believe in the glycemic index but have you considered pairing your knowledge of which carbs to eat for diabetes with which carbs have the healthier glycemic index numbers? By doing this, you may have a more predictable outcome of your blood sugar tests.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.