Successful VBAC - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-20-2010, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my first child was born by emergency c-section because of failure to tolerate labor, which i think was most likely caused by the excessive amount of pitocin i was given all day during labor. i lost all trust in doctors because it just seemed that they would rather do a c-section than have a normal delivery because it is faster and can be fit more easily into their schedule. well anyway after about a year and a half my husband and i decided we would like to have another baby. i started my search for a doctor or midwife who would let me have my VBAC, it took a while of looking and a change of midwife at 29 wks, but i finally found one who seemed to really think that a VBAC was the best choice for me. at 39 wks i went into labor with very strong contractions at 3 minutes apart from the beginning but they weren't dilating me, well they were but very very slowly, finally after about 21 hours of very painful labor i gave in and got an epidural, which i didnt want to do because i didnt want to end up stuck in a bed and not progressing but i couldnt take it anymore. finally all the pain was gone but contractions were also slowing so was given a very small amount of pitocin which i also wanted to avoid but it worked this time, suddenly started dilating very quickly and got to 10cm and at 525am after 29 hours of labor our daughter was born weighing 6lbs 15oz with no tearing.
#2 of 6 Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 AM

That's awesome!!! Congratulations...and I think that is just absolutely WONDERFUL that you knew your body and your limits and that extra push you needed (pit/epidural), and it worked for YOU! I think that's the most important thing in a VBAC - doing what is right and comfortable for YOU! Congrats!
#3 of 6 Old 01-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Many congratulations on your VBAC!!

Deb

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#4 of 6 Old 01-23-2010, 02:43 PM

Congrats! Enjoy your babymoon!
#5 of 6 Old 01-24-2010, 01:37 AM

Congratulations! That is wonderful!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#6 of 6 Old 01-24-2010, 01:50 AM

Congratulations. Glad to see that there are more and more hospital VBACs happening.

joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page