where do I start? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-02-2010, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds is only 10days old following and emergency c-section b/c of placental abruption from polyhydramnios so I'm not even planning to be pregnant again for at least a year-18months. But...Where do I start in my quest for a VBAC? I've had 3 uncomplicated vaginal births, this situation would be viewed as rare, I have a low transverse incision that was double sutured, the OB who did the surgery said VBAC was reccomended at this point. However, I know the hospital here has banned VBACs and would transfer a patient who came in in labor and refused a repeat section. I'm not having much luck locating a caregiver who does VBACs either. So where should I start? Is now too soon to be looking at this?

Me : DD 5/05: DS1 7/06 : DS2 11/07: DS3 3/10
#2 of 4 Old 04-02-2010, 05:42 AM

So glad that your son is alright!

It is good to be looking at your options before you get pregnant. Many VBAC providers like to see 18-24 months between births, so since you are not planning to get pregnant for at least a year, you will meet that requirement. Since you have already had vaginal births, you will likely be seen as a good candidate.

Contact the nearest ICAN chapter for recommendations. It might also be good to go to some meetings if there are any close enough to share your story and help prepare mentally/emotionally for the next pregnancy.
http://www.ican-online.org/
#3 of 4 Old 04-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am so glad you asked this as this is how I feel too! About 17 days past c section and wondering where I would start so I can do a Vbac with my second baby. Planning to wait 18 months to get pregnant and already want to make sure that when I do it I have the best support and work with people who do lots of vbacs!
#4 of 4 Old 04-17-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2 '05'06 View Post
My ds is only 10days old following and emergency c-section b/c of placental abruption from polyhydramnios so I'm not even planning to be pregnant again for at least a year-18months. But...Where do I start in my quest for a VBAC? I've had 3 uncomplicated vaginal births, this situation would be viewed as rare, I have a low transverse incision that was double sutured, the OB who did the surgery said VBAC was reccomended at this point. However, I know the hospital here has banned VBACs and would transfer a patient who came in in labor and refused a repeat section. I'm not having much luck locating a caregiver who does VBACs either. So where should I start? Is now too soon to be looking at this?
Hi there

First of all, I want to say that I am so happy your son is okay.
I am kind of in your situation but on the other end of the spectrum.
I had a section in June 08 for failure to progress and I am now 32 weeks pregnant, trying to VBAC and was diagnosed with Polyhydrominious 2 weeks ago.
My midwife today is referring me to an OB for a second opinion on my pelvis.
She is worried that the baby can't fit, hence my first section. This baby is still super high and floating.. She doesn't know if it is cause of the Poly or because of my pelvis the baby hasn't dropped.
Anyhow, placental abruption is definitely a concern of mine... Do you mind me asking if you knew something was wrong? Was it caught with an NST?

I appreciate any help you can offer.
And please, feel free to ask me any questions as far as my VBAC quest so far

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page