Almost there!!! Any clue how much longer? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-02-2010, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay so I'm hoping for a VBAC any time now! I am 39 weeks tomorrow. Had OMT Osteopathic Manipulation Therapy for the past 3 weeks. Been drinking RRTL and taking EPO capsules for about a week. Went to OB this Wednesday and was 3 almost 4cm, 80%, and -2...she stripped membranes. Had bloody show then...and today lost mucos plug and more pink bloody show... braxton hicks are now having a little "disomfort" as opposed to nothing before...and more cramping...

Any idea how much longer?!?!? lol I'm getting excited! I'm totally okay if I go to 41 weeks but would really like to meet my little girl!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-05-2010, 09:06 PM

Go for some walks and make some whoopie! I have no idea how much longer it'll be but good luck on your VBAC!! I'm gonna be 39 weeks on Friday and I know just how you feel!!

Nursing a toddlerfly-by-nursing1.gifNurturing a preschooler jog.gif   

ribboncesarean.gifx2

#3 of 4 Old 04-05-2010, 11:45 PM

You never know. I was 4 cm at 39ish weeks and didn't go into labor till 41+2. It really depends on when your baby signals your body to go into labor. There are also plenty of women who are not dilated and only slightly effaced and go into labor within days. So it just depends.

I do second the walks and sex. What gets the baby in, can very well get the baby out Maybe think about breast pumping if you get further along, and your careprovider starts getting pushy. I'd consult them though, this is what put us into labor. Do some research on it too for how to do it, meaning duration and when to stop, etc.

Happy Birthing!
#4 of 4 Old 04-06-2010, 12:51 AM

I third the walking and the sex. When I had my VBAC baby, we were coming home from a mardi gras parade (we live in Louisiana, just so you know why...lol) and we were parked far far away....so we were walking, walking, walking...it was quite a hike!

We came home, put DS to bed, had sex.

Seriously within an hour...the contractions started full on...holding my baby that night!

Me (30), DH (31), DS (3.5 yrs - 5/07), DD (1.5 yr - 2/09) via VBAC!!! DS (newborn - 11/10) via natural VBAC! 2 angel babies - 06/06 & 04/08

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page