That's great that you have come to an agreement with your OB. Deep down, I think *most* doctors are happy to defer to whatever the mom wants at the end of the day, so long as they are absolutely convinced that mom is making an informed decision and that they've had a chance to say their peace.
Slightly off topic, I suspect many docs take an approach similar to how I interview potential PhD students (I'm a prof). I ask them many questions about their motivations and do my best to tell them all of the reasons that they DON'T want to pursue a PhD. If, at the end of the day, they still want it badly enough, then I know they will have the level of commitment that it takes to complete one.
Now, I'm not saying that this is the best/right approach to take when delivering healthcare, (in fact, I think it's NOT! Having a baby and spending 4+ years in graduate school are two entirely different undertakings!) It's just an observation....
Mom to James ( 5/2006), Claire ( 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis.