Well I am pregnant again as some of you already know and I want to take some of this immense pressure off of me...its not like its a expireation date and I would love to have a few extra days, maybe my bp will stay lower too if I am not under so much time pressure??
My last menstrual period was on 6/15 I am wondering if I can push it back to the 18/06 or 19/06 to gain a few more days?? My cyscle is about 27 days exactly but I am breastfeeding and not sure if I ovulated a bit early this time//
What do you guys think? I am still wondering what if I they would have let me go a few more days with some NSTs and bp drugs?? I might have had him vaginally
K-03/98, B-01/00, D-03/02, M-09/03, TL-12/04, TM-09/06, I-10/08 edd 02/02/11
I tried to fudge last time, but my early u/s date was the date my doc used despite my protestation.
No real advice, you just have to do what you feel like you need to do, but I just wanted to post to say I totally understand how you feel about it.
Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).
Maybe you could instead of changing your cycle date just say you have odd cycles since you are still nursing and the last one was very weird and you aren't sure it was a real cycle? Then you aren't lying but having them use more then one thing for dating. They will mostlikely go off an early u/s which could put you at or even before your edd would be off lmp which could hurt or help your timing.
Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...
it was an accident and not planned at all if I calculate right I my mens started on the 15th and the accident happened 10 days later meaning that I must have ovulated around the 14 th day cause the sperm do not live forever 5 days max ...so my plan ist to tell them my last mens happened on the 18th which just gives an extra 3 days the 3 days they stole from me the last pregnancy
Glad to see you're doing what you want
Normal term pregnancy is 37-42 weeks. I find it ridiculous that providers are determined to get babies out before that time is done. The literature shows that one of the reasons for increases in neonatal complications is prematurity - that can be caused by forcing babies to be born before they are ready.
My family: me , dh , ds (11), dd1 (9), and dd2 (3).
Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.
I guess I want to take at least the pressure with this stupit expiration date of me
And I find the lying justified in a system that will otherwise abuse you... Sometimes there is no other way around it. See I lied about when my water broke to avoid antibiotics and induction and did so successfully.
"Well, it is and estimated due date...I'm really not sure...."
"Gosh, that doesn't seem right. I think it must be more like ____."
"DD/DS measured large/small, too..."
And then buy yourself 2-3 days if necessary by coming down with a cold/having a stomach ache/whatever. Set an EDD that you're comfortable with, in your mind, and go by that. "Forget" your induction appointment. Oops! You'll have to reschedule.
ETA: I just re-read my post and realized that I'm advocating one type of lying and condemning another. Really three days...eh. If it makes you more comfortable, I guess go for it. I wouldn't, but you know, I would lie about being sick to miss my scheduled induction. So it's all about your comfort level. Do what you think is right!
I haven't seen my MW since the dating ultrasound on this baby (we had ZERO idea about how far along...other than no more than 12? weeks...I ended up being approx. 8 weeks when I had tested) I am going to ask her to move my due date from the 12th to the 15 just based on prior pregnancy progression.
So YES please do fudge your numbers.
DS 10/09 DS 2/17/11 Blessing #3 sometime 2/13
So, yes, next time I will fudge by as much as a week, if necessary, to buy me and baby extra time. I don't see the harm in it for you, so long as *if* you need that extra time, they will continue to monitor you and the babe. (which they will anyway. in my 41st week, I think I went in 2 x for BPP and NST's)
Katrina - Mama to Gabriel 11/20/2009 and Norah 10/11/2011 and Theo03/11/2013- married to Wayne -
Nettles are also REALLY helpful in both healing and preparing a healthy space for this baby...protects your kidneys and liver, so that you maybe won't have to worry so much about your blood pressure going up this time. I have a hard time answering your question about changing your dates...my biggest concern would be what if your baby comes earlier than you expect, and because of that earlier date you gave them, they decided to keep the baby in special care for observation because they're a "premie" when really they're not? My son missed this intervention by ONE DAY, and I didn't change my dates. If I had, I would have had a fight on my hands. And he didn't need observation, and they knew it, but protocols stated that fewer than 37 weeks was "premature" and needed observation. *rolls eyes*
Otherwise, if it helps you to sleep and maybe gives your baby a few extra days to choose their own date, I might do the same thing...I haven't had to choose, though, so I can't say for sure!
Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!
Proud wife to my handsome husband Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths...planning another homebirth for the new belly baby, due April 16, 2015! Doula for 8 years and apprentice midwife for almost 3!
Just remember if other random issues come up later, they will think the baby is younger than it is, so you might have to 'fess up. But that is unlikely, and you can deal with that if or when necessary. (This seems less likely than them trying to scare you into early induction, for sure!!)
Two things, though. For the high blood pressure there are things you can do. What worked for me was major increase in protein intake (80+ grams a day - but watch out for sugar in protein bars and stuff - it's very counterproductive!), more exercise, scullcap or hopps tincture (I took scullcap) and garlic. More importantly, they CANNOT FORCE YOU to have a repeat cesarean. You can keep rescheduling the date or simply refuse, and then just go in while you're in labour and refuse a cesarean. Easier said than done, but you do NOT have to consent to another RCS!
Good luck, mama!!!
- E . Single mom to DS E (15.12.05), T (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD A (11.02.11) and Hoppy
I went 41w6d with DD and I'm positive I'll go over with this one as well. Going "over" last time was so incredibly stressful...I truly believe my experience would have been quite different had I not felt pressured to "deliver" in a specific time frame. I'm being proactive and attempting every way I can to relieve as much pressure in those final days as possible.
Mom to Liv (9/07) and Nora (2/11)
On a personal note. I knew the day our son was conceived (I chart) and they still wanted to short me 6 days. A week makes a huge difference. They wanted ot induce or Auto-csection on their EDD, but I said no and went into labor on my own 2 days later. I may have ended up with a cesarean but they had to fight me for it and my son picked when he was ready. I say do what is going to put you at ease the most towards the end of your pregnancy. Worrying about what kind of pressure you are going to get from your care providers is not the way to spend those last few precious weeks.