Funny comments about hb - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-29-2010, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don´t know , which forum to put this in , but I wanted to share this with you guys , it was so funny !

The other night at dinner , I told my family , our next baby will be born at home , because I don´t want to go through the same Cuss.gifagain , that I did the last time (which ended in our 3rd cs)

So my 12-year-old says ," I´ll be the midwife" , my daughter says ," I´ll take the little one for a walk in the meantime" and my 10-year-old son goes "I`ll be the one  passing out" faint.gif

I almost peed on myself ROTFLMAO.gif 

vbac.gifafter 3 cs fambedsingle1.gifbfinfant.gifHappily single Momteapot2.GIFknit.gif

#2 of 5 Old 12-30-2010, 10:37 AM

Wonderful support system, When is baby due? lol.gif

femalesling.GIF Tiffany ClauWi Certified Baby Wearing Consultant, Educator and e-tailer femalesling.GIF

#3 of 5 Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

It´s in the planning stage , but the way things have been going the last few times , there is a definite chance I will be lining up along with the other hbac moms soon thumb.gif

vbac.gifafter 3 cs fambedsingle1.gifbfinfant.gifHappily single Momteapot2.GIFknit.gif

#4 of 5 Old 12-31-2010, 06:57 AM

That is funny! My kiddos say things like that sometimes too. I had a home VBAC with my son in 2009 and I am planning for our third child. I think that this cycle is it (our first cycle trying)! I am interviewing a few midwives next week. Having a homebirth after being bullied into a cesarean with my first, is definitely an empowering experience. I made sure my midwife was quite and intelligent. She let me be the boss but she was calm and skilled when doctors usually give you the line "We have to do this for your baby's health". My son had a perfect 10 APGAR, but he was born in the sac and with the cord wrapped around him a couple times. That was no problem for my midwife, who calmly went to work, I had no idea anything was happening, I was still concentrating on pushing and resting. If I wanted the room quiet, I said "Shh" and the room was quiet. I wanted to eat and food was produced. I felt important and powerful, like I was an integral part of creating a miracle. A miracle-maker if you will. This is exactly the opposite of what I felt like in the hospital. In the hospital I felt like I was in a life/death situation, like I wasn't made right and needed medical intervention, like I wasn't worthy of completing the natural birth I had set out for. Drugged against my will I caved to the c-section while my husband cried, telling me this isn't what we wanted. The drugs had me goofy and careless. That will not happen again.

I knew they wouldn't let me carry my second child past 40 weeks without a c-section so I knew the only way to a VBAC was a homebirth. My son was born 13 days after the "due date".

Good luck this cycle!

Trying for #3  I am breaking out as a motivational speaker, dream coach and inspired blogger!
blogging.jpg to help inspire people to achieve their dreams, check me out!
#5 of 5 Old 12-31-2010, 08:29 AM

So beautifully said, asprague!  Yes, the mom is definitely the center of the miracle making...so happy for you that you arranged to be able to know that in body and soul at your homebirth.

And yeah, kids say the darnedest things! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page