The End/Beginning is well in sight! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 02-07-2011, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am so glad that you are content with your birth experience and feel healed. I think that is the most important thing, wheather it ends in a VBAC or a CBAC.  Enjoy your new baby girl! Congrats!

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
#32 of 36 Old 02-07-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est moi View Post

Ladies, you've been great! I had my baby yesterday morning via c-section. A little GIRL!!!! 9 lbs 14 oz. 21 inches long. big ol' head, broad shoulders. huge cheeks. she looks like a sumo wrestler :)

I went spontaneously into labor on Friday night 41w2d. Went to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday. Labored for 37 hours, including 3 hours of pushing. Now as strange as this may seem considering that it's a VBAC forum, I still feel healed and validated by this birth. I mean this sincerely. Sometimes we can influence and take charge of our birth experiences, but sometimes babies (not doctors, not doulas, and not mothers) decide on the best way to come out. And no, this is not just the justifications of a "failed VBAC" mama (silly term by the way). In my heart of hearts, I don't regret this birth experience.

A BIG congrats on your new baby girl!!!!!! :) :) This was actually really great to read, considering I could very well end up with a c/s this time... it brings me a lot of hope that if that happens I can still walk away happy and okay. :) I hate that term "failed", you didn't fail anything.

Congrats again!!!! Enjoy your little one!!

Mommy to beauties DS1 (7), DS2 (4, autism), & DS3 (2)

and many angel babies angel1.gif

#33 of 36 Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 AM

Congratulations and welcome to your little one.  Your baby came into the world the way that she was meant to.  I'm so glad you got the opportunity and are at peace with your experience.  Enjoy your babymoon with your little sumo wrestler.

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#34 of 36 Old 02-08-2011, 08:48 AM

Oh congratulations on your "little" one! Good job and I wish you fast recovery!

I know how you feel because I went through the same thing - "failed" HBAC and a repeat c-section. And even though I was disappointed in the first days from my body, I feel good about myself and the birth experience now, a month later.

And you're absolutely right - sometimes we don't have much control over how things happen and our children decide on their own how to enter this world.

I am really happy that your girl is finally in your arms!

#35 of 36 Old 02-10-2011, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

I've done some more thinking since my initial post and on the whole, I still feel the same.

I find that I am a little "sad," but it's not regret sad or bitter sad. I still respect and trust all the choices and suggestions that were made to me by my doctor (and the doctor that replaced him half way through), by my nurses, my doula, and my husband. I may have changed some choices, but I do not believe they would have changed the outcome of this birth.

What I'm sad about is the loss of the opportunity to lose this vaginal birth. I can never have that again and it's kind of a bummer. I know that long births happen, but there also those fast and furious birthers. I envy them. My body may not be broken, but neither is theirs. I am happy for them, but sad that I can't birth like them. And although I do believe in my body, I am quite confident that I will plan for a RCS if we have a third biological child. There's lots of factors going into that decision (mostly around the way my body tolerates c-sections after long labors and the drugs involved), but i just don't think a VBA2C is in the cards for me. Therefore, vaginal birth is something I will never experience and I am...sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est moi View Post

Sometimes we can influence and take charge of our birth experiences, but sometimes babies (not doctors, not doulas, and not mothers) decide on the best way to come out. And no, this is not just the justifications of a "failed VBAC" mama (silly term by the way). In my heart of hearts, I don't regret this birth experience.

hoping for a !
#36 of 36 Old 02-11-2011, 08:03 AM

Congrats! My babe girl was 9lbs 14 oz also ( Couldn't fit any newborn size outfits!.)  I'm sorry that you didn't get the birth you hoped for but glad you are at peace with it. Sending you heal up fast wishes.

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page