I got my VBAC and natural birth in the hospital. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-06-2011, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Today we welcomed our little girl Elise Brielle.  After much stress and worry about a due date deadline she finally came at 40 wks 6 days.  Here is our story.

I was a mess stressing OUT about a c-section deadline at 41 weeks.  My EDD was January 31st.  I had already made up my mind that a c-section wasn't gonna happen before my appointment last Wednesday.  When the appointment rolled around my OB said he would "allow" me to go to 41 weeks 2 days and then instead of automatic c section we would induce with a low dose of pictocin.  I actually was going to cancel this appointment and reschedule later if it came to that. Anyway my doctor did a membrane sweep during this appointment and I was 50% effaced, 1 cm dialated, and baby was at -2 station so there was not a whole lot going on.  Thursday came and went, no baby.  Friday came and I lost my mucus plug and had a few contractions but they stopped and no baby.  Saturday came and I went on a long walk,  again no baby.  I was getting discouraged.

At 1:30 am Sunday morning I woke up to use the restroom and when I lay back down my water quietly broke.  Contractions started around 2am, not bad but regular.  I called the doula at 2:30am and she came around 3am.  At this point the contractions had become uncomfortable but manageable.  We decided to go to the hospital at 3:30am (which is literally across the street) because the contractions were coming really close together.  When we got there I was between 5-6cm dialated.  My OB came shortly after and I was making my way to 7 and my cervix was very thin.  I discovered that I am a VERY vocal laborer.  I moaned a very high pitched sound through most of my contractions, it made the pain manageable and I thought I can do this...until I got to 8cm  When I got to 8cm it was more guttural and if it wasn't for my doula and the great hospital staff I would have caved for the epidural but they thankfully talked me out of it.  At this point it was about 5 am.  At 5:30am I was fully dialated and ready to push.  It felt so good to push.  I did not even notice a ring of fire or tearing but I did tear, third degree.  She was placed on my tummy right after delivery.  My bottom is sore but we are both doing well.  I am very fortunate because labor lasted about four hours.  If she had not shot out so fast I probably could have avoided tearing. 

I am so proud of myself and feel so accomplished.  It is a world of difference from my c-section birth.  I can't believe that I have a daughter and I brought her into the world exactly like I wanted love.gif.

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2011, 08:23 PM

Congratulations, I love reading vbac birth stories, yours sounds beautiful. best wishes to you and baby!

Old 02-06-2011, 09:09 PM

That is fantastic! Thanks for sharing that with us, and congrats on your new little one and on your VBAC. So exciting.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 02-06-2011, 09:31 PM

Amazing story!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
Old 02-07-2011, 11:54 AM

Congrats!  Thanks for sharing your story! 

Old 02-07-2011, 09:16 PM

Thank you for sharing  your story. Congrats on your VBAC and your little girl! I agree, I also just had a VBAC 7 weeks ago, and it is a world of difference in how I feel compared to how I felt after my c section. I feel I gave birth this time.

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
Old 02-14-2011, 01:49 PM

Congratualtions! Thanks for sharing your story!!!jumpers.gif

Old 02-14-2011, 07:57 PM

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Hope you're enjoying that new baby of yours!

hoping for a !
Old 02-15-2011, 02:28 PM

Congradulations!!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:00 PM

Yeah! Amazing and congratulations!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:17 PM