I need advice on my old scar - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-21-2011, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi guys ,

I need some advice concerning my c/s scar , that´s 9 months old .

I had 2 c/s before , they cut that open in the same spot twice , no problem whatsoever , through both  vbac´s afterwards , but with baby number 5 I ended up with another c/s due to other issues , not scar problem related .

This time , though , they didn´t cut the old scar , they made a new cut about 2-3 cm above and it has healed so well , that you can barely even still see it after only 9 months . 

I was really careful , not to lift anything heavier than my growing baby pretty much until now , so I didn´t put any avoidable strain on it .
However , I just found out , that I am pregnant again and I REALLY , REALLY want to go for a vbac .

Is the pregnancy too early for that ? I am no more than 5 weeks along , if that , so baby5 and baby6 will be about 18 months apart and if the scar has healed so well on the outside , is it a fairly safe assumption to say , that it has also healed so well on the inside ?

I usually heal very , very well anyway and I am quite tough in general .

Somebody also told me once , that if your first c/s are really long ago ( over 12 and almost 14 years ago in my case ) and you had vbac´s afterwards , you are considered like a first-time vbac ?

This really worries me , I want to have more kids in the future and I don´t have time to wait forever due to my age , so that on top of the risk of rcs , I really want to be able to pop them out the way nature intended wink1.gif

It would be awful , if the one thing , that stands in my way of that is , that I got pregnant to quickly after the last baby

vbac.gifafter 3 cs fambedsingle1.gifbfinfant.gifHappily single Momteapot2.GIFknit.gif

#2 of 4 Old 02-21-2011, 05:07 PM

As far as time between deliveries, it depends on the provider. I have heard anywhere from 18 months to 36 months minimum preferred in between. I have also heard of mom's VBACing with less time than that between.

Bridget born 6/10/08 by C Section
Grant born 4/15/11 HBAC turned CBAC

#3 of 4 Old 02-22-2011, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Providers vary on "requirements". But my midwives assured me from my first post-c-section day that if I were to get pregnant right now, everythin would be healed just fine. Ones uterus heals very quickly, no matter what providers try to require

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#4 of 4 Old 02-23-2011, 05:19 PM

If it is any encouragement to you I'm planning to HBAC only 15 months after my unplanned c/s with my DS. This is my first VBAC, but I have a wonderful fully supportive midwife with over 10 years of experience with VBACs. She has no concerns about the pregnancy being so soon after my c/s. Even the OB at my 6wk postpartum check up said as long as we didn't get pregnant in the first 3 months there should be no issues.

I'm also hoping to have several more children and so really want to avoid any further surgeries. I don't think you should have much to worry about, other than finding a truly supportive OB or Midwife.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page