Update on me and more babies in my future - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, the twins are 3 1/2 months old and i am so in love. we are co sleeping, wearing, cloth diapering (took alot to convince DH but he came around) and breastfeeding is going wonderfully. Trystan is over 12lb and Scarlett is a pinch under 10lb.

I have an appt with my ob on tues next wk. we want more babies and dont want to wait another 8 yrs so the plan is to start trying late 2011 or early 2012, prob with ivf again.

now i dont plan to go back to my ob because the only way to be sure he will be there for me is to schedule a RCS. i am not saying i am not open to it. at this point i will be lucky to find a decent ob anywhere. i will stay local so i dont have another hour drive to the hospital like last time. and i have more support locally and we got a new level 3 nicu and i am sure they cant be any worse than vandy.

i would love to hear stories of successful vbacs after 4 c/s. or how do you go into another pregnancy knowing that you will likely have to have another c/s?

i know i am not done having children. what i wouldnt give to go back and tell that anesthesiologist to stop. why didnt i just ask for iv meds. idiot. i had time. yeah i still beat myself up about choices. and hubby did the best he could to stand up for me.

so, my plan, stay healthy, enjoy  my babies, breastfeed as long as possible, and when i do get pg again, hire a doula, have another healthy pregnancy and a less stressful and dramatic delivery.

here r my beautiful babies. and yes, i have naked dogs, lol

102_0168.JPG

#2 of 2 Old 03-03-2011, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Your babies are so beautiful, just want to eat them up!!  I really admire your strength and courage, and not losing hope.  I may have true CPD due to a car accident, so I may need c-sections to have my babies, finally accepting that after a CBAC 8 months ago.  I am not sure I have any advice b/c I am still trying to figure out how to have absolute confidence in my body, and know a c-section may be necessary. 

I do know that I have tried to give birth in the hospital twice, and both times I wasn't progressing fast enough for them.  People can chide me about the "risks" of homebirth, especially after 2 c-sections, but I've ended up with major surgery and all those risks when I'm at the hospital. 

Best of luck, and again, really admire your outlook on the next pregnancy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page