VBA2C update threat..I DID it!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

so I am 39 weeks on thursday and thought I let you guys know whats new with me and the bean lol!!

Good news: Baby is LOA...pretty engaged, cervix is mostly gone/effaced...last week I was still just 1 cm, but I been in pain a lot this week so that may have changed Wink

Well most of you know I just moved to Alabama from AZ 3 weeks ago, we just got into our place and received our furniture, boxes everywhere...I hardly have anything set up for the little one...it bothers me in a way, but somehow I believe it keeps me busy and my mind off of waiting you know, I been having contractions a lot lately, but I ignore them as I tell myself not just yet I need to get the nest done first ..lol..you know what I mean? So here I am about 8 days away from my dd and leave things happening as they come, hoping all works out at the end!!

By the way I did get the professional VBAC experienced more expensive Doula anyways and I found a babysitter service that has some people on call for us.... so wohoo....

I am guess I am just asking for some encouragement and prayers for us for now Smiley

Claudia wife to Joe since (05/04) Mom to DD (09/05) and mom to DS (11/09) :
#2 of 35 Old 03-15-2011, 10:35 PM

Awesome! Keep us posted!  You are just a couple weeks ahead of me. I'm ready for it! I know I can do it, and I know you can too.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#3 of 35 Old 03-16-2011, 07:28 AM

Everything will work out.  luxlove.gif  KUP!!!

#4 of 35 Old 03-16-2011, 09:21 AM

I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way! I am working for a VBAC in May, so I know I will be where you are in a couple of months.

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#5 of 35 Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 PM

Sending good thoughts your way!

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#6 of 35 Old 03-17-2011, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

Good luck!  I'll be having a VBA2C in November.  Keep us posted! 

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#7 of 35 Old 03-17-2011, 07:11 AM

Just wanted to say good luck!

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

#8 of 35 Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you guys....:)

Unfortunately, I am in no good mood today :( ..I had my 39 week check up today and nothing has changes again, Baby is low about -2/-1 station, 80% effaced and still 1 cm with a darn stubbort Postirior Cervix...aaaa...I been going to the chiropracticer twice a week, use EPO orally and vaginally and nothing is changing...I have contractions a lot and I am sure they are trying to get to move the cervix forward, but its stuck behind the Babys head.....I know all those measurements mean nothing in most cases, but for me they are a huge backflash in the past...this is my third attempt to have a vaginal birth and those numbers are as good as I ever got in any of my pregnancy/pre birth....so thats why I frown on them...cry!!

#9 of 35 Old 03-18-2011, 12:52 PM

You'll make it!!  You still have plenty of time to go into labor.  Try not to worry about this "stuck" point from your previous pregnancies, you'll get past it.  Your body is going to do exactly what it is supposed to, it has grown and protected this baby, so let it continue to do what it do, baby!! 

#10 of 35 Old 03-18-2011, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you...its just hard cause i want it so badly...with my first i had a posterior cervix with my induction and i never dialated, thats what gets me discouraged about it, I hope it moves forward before labor and that soon :)

#11 of 35 Old 03-20-2011, 03:21 AM

Hang in there. I refused cervical checks with my second b/c I have heard they don't mean anything ( stories from Moms who walk around at 4 cm for weeks, and Moms who are checked showing "nothing" who deliver very soon after) and they are a possible source of infection. I also had prepared in my mind that I was going to go to 42 weeks, so that I would not be disappointed at the passing of my due date without baby showing up. (So I was unprepared (only 1/2 packed)  when my water broke at 38 weeks LOL)

Wishing you lots of ELV and open cervix vibes!

#12 of 35 Old 03-20-2011, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

I actualy added a couple of days to my "actual" due date so they will no stress me when time comes its a huge relieve when you have no pressure....I am basically officially due on thursday 03/24 and I do not feel like I need to have the Baby out of me right now, I would be fine with a couple more weeks I think, physically. The only thing about that is that I loose trust in this the latert I go and the less I am making progress, you understand its the third time and I always get the same answers towards the end..."well nothing has changed"  and I get a frown on my face, I have a great OB who is very supportive and encourages me even I am sure the c-section will be the last thing he will do in my case...if he wants to check me I am fine with that, I am cooperative since he is too, plus I insert EPO caps, have Sex etc...nothing less or more riscy than my OBs clean sterile glove I think :) but yeah of course I like to keep it to a min. !!

It would just be so nice not to worry, not to stress out over being past due and the what now parts ....and just have labor come on its own and the da.......m cervix move where its supposed to......I flip out if I have to face all that pressure again, why can things not go smoothly....ugh I guess I just wait and hope its going to happen this time, it would be just fair!! 

#13 of 35 Old 03-23-2011, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

I had my first NST today, and ultrasound, Baby looks good a bit smaller, but OB said he can wait and sees no reason to induce or anything esp. with my history just yet.

another NST on Monday, he did mention that he does not like to wait to far after 41 weeks though...which is just the general thing I guess.

Baby does not seem to stay put in a position at all...it now went back from LOA to ROP, what a stinker LOL....also no changes as far as dialation goes, still 1 cm 80% effaced and still posterior cervix (not as bad as before though)...it came down a bit to about -1...looks like I am not doing much on progress at all right? Sad

#14 of 35 Old 03-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Hang in there and try not to stress.  (I know - easier said than done.)  It's very common for baby to wait to engage and stuff until very close (or in) labor.

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

#15 of 35 Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 AM

You're doing great on progress!!  Take a bath tonight and talk to your baby.  Hang out with your children b/c soon their lives are going to be a little crazier with a newborn.  Enjoy these last moments of pregnancy, if you can, right?  You're doing awesome, hang in there, everything will work out!! 

#16 of 35 Old 03-24-2011, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

You're doing great.  As you know, you'll look back on these days and say they flew by.  :)  Are you interested in having the doc strip your membranes? 

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#17 of 35 Old 03-24-2011, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

I am actually in no hurry at all...just got done moving in and unpacking most boxes..I could use a few days and nights of rest and less stress :)

My plan is to get the membranes striped on monday and just see what it does, on tuesday I want to see an scupuncturist..he said most woman when ready go into labor soon after, some need a couple more procedures, I just want to give it a bit of a nudge in the labor direction and not start too late with that, so eventually I hope the ball will start rolling :)

#18 of 35 Old 03-27-2011, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

close to 41 weeks ...ugh!!

I just found out that my baby is in a posterior position now ( they told me when they did my ultrasound). Now it makes sense since I have some lower backpain lately Sad

I have read that it can cause you to go post dates and have lots of prodomal labor...I never lay on my back and I go to the chiro no idea why she choses that position....Huh?

I been on my knees a lot now, tried the inversion, but I do not really like to be that invasive since it gets baby out of my pelvis I am afraid It will get the cord to get in where it should not be...Anyways anything else I could try too???

My doula thinks I might not get the baby to go LOA till I am in labor, but wouldn't it be better to start labor with a good positioned Baby?

#19 of 35 Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 AM

hug2.gif Have you tried the spinning babies website? Does your doula do rebozo? Hoping your baby will turn around before labor- but people can and do have posterior babies VBAC so don't lose hope.

#20 of 35 Old 03-28-2011, 08:21 AM

My 9th baby was my 7th VBAC and born posterior at over 10lbs. honestly, I never thought much about my baby's position, I just let things flow and al came out.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#21 of 35 Old 03-28-2011, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

I wish I could believe it would all still happen...I am clinging on to anything to not give my hopes up just yet...

had another NST today...baby looks fine, however she is posterior and I am not dialated enough for him to strip my membranes nor anything else!

I went to my Chiropracticer she adjusted me but said she would not do an inversion and I should leave baby where it is since its head down.

I feel so discouraged this is my 3rd vaginal attempt and I can feel contrax coming on and not doing much and fading away...maybe its Babys position maybe its my body just not working out things...If I do not go into labor on my own, he said he has very limited options to get my labor induced, since he can not strip my membranes, nor put a foley bulb in or break water....the inner cervix is just too tight.

Tomorrow I will try some accupuncture, all I can do is wait and have faith RIGHT?

I am actually 41 weeks tomorrow, but for my OB its going to be on thursday :) Anyway...eventually my time is running out I can not be pregnant forever and I am trying to get my Baby to be in a better position and hope that it will come out of its posterior position but so far no success..she is not all engaged but at -1 station with her back slightly to the right but face pretty much looking up....I did all I can so far, now God please just send me into labor and give me a chance !! 

#22 of 35 Old 03-29-2011, 12:10 AM

Hang in there. The contractions are making your body ready... even if you don't feel like they are strong enough to do anything. Try and get some rest and relaxation so the stress hormones aren't making your body try to shut down labor. You are not "overdue" until you get to 42w 1d.

My OB starts advising sex (ugh, I said) as much as you can from 37 weeks on. Something to do with the prostaglandins (sp?) in the sperm or whatever. I tried nipple stimulation with a breast pump- it did give me contractions.

Can you try to visualize your cervix opening up and saying positive affirmations to yourself?

Can you watch a funny movie that has you doing belly laughs?

I've got my fingers crossed for you and wishing you ELV's

#23 of 35 Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 AM

Your right, you've done everything you can.  Now, you have to let go, turn it over to God, mother nature.  You still have plenty of time, your body is getting ready, baby is getting ready.  Trust yourself. 

(I am thinking of everything I would want to hear.  I will be doing a HBA2C, maybe soon, and I had a TOL 9 months ago that ended in c-section.  So, I understand the fear and lack of trust for our bodies.  But looking back, my body never failed me.  It was never given the time and support it needed.  Everyone, including me at times, was always trying to speed things along.  If I give my body a chance, and be patient, I am sure it will turn out fine.  I believe the same is true for you as well.) 

#24 of 35 Old 04-03-2011, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

OK Girls.....I DID IT ...I DID IT ....I DID IT.....BABY AND I ARE FINE AND BACK HOME!!!

Isabelle was born April 1st at 9:31 am, 7lb 13 oz 20 in...("April fools day") and we did fool a lot of people who could never believe that what we did could happen....!!!

I will write the whole story, but here is in a nutshell how many "opstacles" we had to overcome and still made it possible!

She was and stayed in a Posterior Asyclitic Presentation (may be due to my twisted uterus) no webster, chiro, accupuncture or spinning babys was able to change that position, but we made it work, I also had scar tissue on cervix etc...it took a few tricks, but I was able to deliver my beautyfull little girl safley healthy and fine by VBAMC....without my Doula, who started questioning my ability to birth ....nobody but some great nurses and my husband...but most importantly Isabelle, I and God were a team and I was in a place in tune with my body and my faith able to deliver her, 10 hr of labor and not even 40 min of pushing....it took some work and tricks and was not intervention free, but I was in charge over all that was happening and had not been cut open again...I got my VBAMC!!

#25 of 35 Old 04-03-2011, 05:44 PM

Congratulations!!! biggrinbounce.gif

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#26 of 35 Old 04-03-2011, 06:00 PM

Congrats! I am so happy for you. I look forward to hearing your full birth story. My babe has been posterior but I've also had some labor signs that aren't going anywhere (39w).

YOU DID IT!!!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#27 of 35 Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 PM

Congrats!  That's awesome!

#28 of 35 Old 04-03-2011, 10:10 PM

Congratulations!  :)

#29 of 35 Old 04-04-2011, 01:37 AM

Congratulations!

#30 of 35 Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 AM

joy.gifcongrats! Can't wait to read the long version of your story but enjoy those baby snuggles in the meanwhile.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page