Looking for VBAC friendly OB in Fort Collins, CO...(update-good news) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was wondering if anyone knows of a VBAC friendly OB in Fort Collins, CO.  I can't go to the Women's Clinic because of a past issue, so that's out.  I've had 2 c-sections, and even the midwife I called said that they wouldn't do a VBAC and couldn't recommend anyone.  It's really upsetting to not even be given a chance, when all I've ever wanted was to have a natural childbirth.  It's heartbreaking, really.

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
#2 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 04:59 PM

Two suggestions are to post this thread on your local tribe for CO, and to contact your local ICAN group, if you haven't already. Mine for Seattle has an active yahoo group, so maybe CO has one where you can get some referrals. I'm sure you can find someone!  www.ican-online.org

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#3 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Alicia.  I will visit their website right away and check it out.

#4 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 PM

Darn it. I had mine through the Women's Clinic 12 years ago..
#5 of 13 Old 03-25-2011, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

I may have found someone...fingers crossed!  I have an appointment next Thursday and I'll find out then.

#6 of 13 Old 03-25-2011, 09:40 PM

Awesome
#7 of 13 Old 04-01-2011, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Yea! I have good news! After all the looking and fretting, the OB appointment I had was a complete success!  She was great, talked with me for over an HOUR and told me that with my history, there is no reason I can't have a VBA2C!!  She said that she would guess around a 70% chance of success, which is pretty good, to me!!  I literally cried in the office, I was so happy about the whole thing.  I called my DH when I left and he was in tears (happy ones!) too.  It was such a good day and a good feeling.  The OB told me to start walking regularly and doing prenatal pilates to build up my strength and give me the best chance possible.  I'm so happy about this!  Can you tell?  joy.gif

#8 of 13 Old 04-01-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri'sgirl View Post

Yea! I have good news! After all the looking and fretting, the OB appointment I had was a complete success!  She was great, talked with me for over an HOUR and told me that with my history, there is no reason I can't have a VBA2C!!  She said that she would guess around a 70% chance of success, which is pretty good, to me!!  I literally cried in the office, I was so happy about the whole thing.  I called my DH when I left and he was in tears (happy ones!) too.  It was such a good day and a good feeling.  The OB told me to start walking regularly and doing prenatal pilates to build up my strength and give me the best chance possible.  I'm so happy about this!  Can you tell?  joy.gif

That is fantastic! I am thrilled to hear that. It's amazing how much more empowered and able we feel when our care provider is backing us!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#9 of 13 Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 PM

Yay for the great news!!

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#10 of 13 Old 05-11-2011, 03:51 PM

Can I ask who you found? I am in So Co and have a friend looking for an OB up that direction.

Congratulations and Thank you!!

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

Compound heterozygous MTHFR and Prothrombin 2 mutation.

hbac.gif homeschool.gif         chicken3.gif

#11 of 13 Old 05-13-2011, 09:14 PM

I would also love to know the OB that you found; I am in Fort Collins and have been looking in vain for an OB who will work with me to attempt a VBAC. I have had two previous c-sections, and so far when I meet with doctors, I am not hearing that it is medically necessary that I have another surgery, but that they would be "more comfortable" and so would their insurance policies, if I did a repeat c-section.

#12 of 13 Old 07-28-2011, 06:43 AM

Van you send me your doctor's info too? I just moved to the area and found out I'm pregnant! I really want to be allowed to try for a VBAC! Thanks smile.gif
#13 of 13 Old 09-13-2011, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Hi!  I know this is a little late, but I just wanted to update this post for those that are looking for a VBAC friendly OB in the Fort Collins, CO area.  Dr. Karen Hayes is my OB and I was able to have a successful VBA2C!  The same problems came up as with my 2nd c-section, but she was able to work with and around the problems and made the VBAC happen.  I completely recommend her and her midwife, Susan.  They are at A Woman's Place on E. Elizabeth.  I didn't want to give a recommendation until I knew that everything was going to be a success.  :)

Tags
Vbac Safety Overdue , Vbac , Birth Professionals

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page