HBAC in houston area... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-28-2011, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi....I'm in the Houston area (Humble to be more specific) and my husband and I are planning to conceive our third child in July.  After much deliberating and soul searching, we are really wanting to try a vaginal birth.  I have been told several times that Houston is NOT the place for VBACs, but several midwives will do HBACs in the houston area.

Here's my issue.  I can't FIND one....either they don't answer their phones, or they work at a birthing center now.  In order for my insurance to cover, it would need to be with a CNM....does anyone have any suggestions?!?! 

Just for informational purposes: my first was due to medical issues (kidney failure and hypertension) but my second was a wonderful pregnancy but was told by my Dr. "no VBAC" and was too naive to think otherwise.  :( 

#2 of 4 Old 03-30-2011, 08:57 PM

I'm seeing Pat Jones, CNM and we're planning a HBA1C.  Working on insurance issues now (issues with BCBS, now with Pat), but otherwise I think she's an excellent choice for us and she has lots of VBAC experience. 

#3 of 4 Old 03-31-2011, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your response!!  I spoke with Pat a few nights ago, and she was just WONDERFUL.  However, she isn't taking any new patients right now :(  Since husband and I are TTC in July, the "guess month" falls at a poor time for her.  She referred me to another CNM, but she wasn't very nice in regards to the VBAC issue.....she kept trying to tell my to go to LBJ hospital for the birth :( 

After alot more research, it's looking like I will end up with a local Dr. who does several VBACs and our local hospital is very pro-VBAC as well....

#4 of 4 Old 04-20-2011, 05:00 PM

Do you mind telling me the name of the doc and hospital? I just found out I'm pregnant, and I live in Livingston. None of the area hospitals allow VBAC, so I would be willing to drive to Humble. Thanks!!!

Tags
Hbac

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page