Important resources for planning VBAC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-10-2011, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think many of the resources listed are great for dealing with skeptical family members and friends but are especially important when planning a hospital VBAC.  For instance they supply a link to the Landon study.  Why is that a big deal?  Because it's some of the best evidence that supports the claim that VBAC is a responsible and realistic choice for the majority of women, and the general public usually can't access (easily) to medical studies.

So, I highly recommend checking out http://birthaftercesarean.com/?p=53.  I guess I'm all fired up because I've been 'virtually' attending the ICAN conference via #ICAN2011, and it's Cesarean Awareness Month ribboncesarean.gif, and I'm in my third trimester, and I am composing letters to our hospital CEO (and Women's Health Director) and to the town's OBs (slightly different letters) to circulate to my local ICAN members.  Wheeeeee!

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page