I got my approval for my hosptial vbac :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-13-2011, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had 3 vaginal births with #4 being a C-Section for failure to progress. I really don't want another C Section so I have spent the last few months trying to get my VBAC approved after I was told no one would do it.  I wrote a letter to the newspaper which was published, and followed that with a detailed letter to the CEO of the hospital stating facts and reasons that I should be allowed a VBAC. He met with me and said that he thought my request was reasonable but we had to pass it through one more guy.

The last guy said I could do it as long as I could get  anesthesia to stand   by for me in house  and get an OB willing to do surgery in the event of a rupture or emergency C.  Well I got both!! Anesthesia said they have  no problem coming in and hanging out once I go into active labor and the OB is going to be on call for me.

Honestly I am quite shocked that I got approval for the whole thing! People have tried to get VBAC's around here with no luck and I didn't really expect that they would be willing to make an exception for me but they did!

So the moral of the story is.. if you get shot down just keep pushing! You might get them to change their mind :)

HappyMommy2 and maotmsmi like this.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#2 of 6 Old 04-13-2011, 01:11 PM

Wow! I think that is amazing.  Good for you, maybe you opened doors for other VBAC hopeful moms.

lil_stinkyfeet likes this.
#3 of 6 Old 04-15-2011, 10:46 AM

WOW!  That is so awesome!!!! I'm sure you remember me, Mama!  I'm the other mama kind of in your area, who's facing the possibility of another CS.  I've had 2 CS (each 2 years apart) after 4 vag. births.   My situation, as I've explained, is dif. b/c I've never gone into labor "naturally".  I am willing to hold off again to give my body the chance *yet again*.  Well, anyway, I am so looking forward to your birth!!!!  :)  :) 

#4 of 6 Old 04-15-2011, 02:15 PM

You go, mama. Hopefully other women will see your success and have courage to fight for their right to VBAC.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#5 of 6 Old 04-17-2011, 02:41 PM

Hurrah! I think it's terrible that they made you fight so hard for something that makes so much sense, but I'm glad you were willing to do so---other women will hopefully benefit too. Best wishes!

#6 of 6 Old 04-20-2011, 08:49 PM

Way to go for being persistent! Good luck!

hippie.gif Hi, I'm Amber

Ava {12.20.08}  Levi {8.19.10}  Aspen  {EDD 7.21.13}

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page