Got some answers about my CBAC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-22-2011, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

the OB who did the surgery and sabotaged my labor/delivery didnt tell me anything and ignored me.

I  have my yearly with my OB/Gyn next week so i shot him an email and asked him to look into it for me, so I knew what i was up against should i decide to get pregnant again. let me know if this sounds ok. my OB isnt concerned at all and trusts that she at least did a good job. i always worry. i know i will prob have to give up having the VBAC i want, but i at least want to make sure pg is still safe for me and my baby, should i get pg again(we hope for another child someday but the twins took 8 yrs and IVF)

here is what is in my OP report

Operation:

Repeat Low Transverse Cesarean Section

a low transverse incision was made in the upper aspect of the lower uterine segment.

The patient's uterus was closed in two layers using running locking 0 Monocryl suture on the first layer and an imbricating layer of 0 Monocryl on the second. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 02:06 PM

I'm not a doctor, but yeah I THINK that sounds like the best...the ideal. A transverse abdominal scar and a transverse uterine scar with two layers. 

I would ask about the upper aspect of the lower uterine segment, but I think that is still the same.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, i asked specifically for that to be done. but i figured that since she wouldnt listen to me about anything else she would do whatever she wanted. i even made sure to ask my doc to make sure that she noted that i said NO to having a tubal done and that she didnt do one anyway. she doesnt think i should have anymore kids. i would love more kids if we were to be so lucky.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquess78 View Post
 she doesnt think i should have anymore kids. i would love more kids if we were to be so lucky.

I find it so shocking that a doctor has an opinion on if someone should have more kids.  That seems very unprofessional.  Unless it is medically damaging to you or a baby I can't see why she would have an opinion.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

my OB told me that someone from anesthesia should have already contacted  me and was suprised when no one had.  he said he would follow up and that he would contact the head of anesthesia and figure out why no one has called me. it still seems pretty hinky to me though, proving that i could be right and they screwed something up.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquess78 View Post

my OB told me that someone from anesthesia should have already contacted  me and was suprised when no one had.  he said he would follow up and that he would contact the head of anesthesia and figure out why no one has called me. it still seems pretty hinky to me though, proving that i could be right and they screwed something up.

I would suggest you go and get your records directly from the hospital. If there is a problem, which your OB's surprise suggests, you need those documents.

femalesling.GIF Tiffany ClauWi Certified Baby Wearing Consultant, Educator and e-tailer femalesling.GIF

User Tag List