vbacx5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 4 Old 05-27-2011, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
 
claretwigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

8 years ago i had my first baby, it was an extremely difficult birth, my baby was stuck at the shoulders and i had a 3rd degree tear, he weighed 9lb 8oz and was told because my tear needed surgery it would be best to have c sections if i wanted more children. i have since had another 4 children and all of them through c sections, ive always laboured myself but was then whisked off for a section. It was only with my last baby that i was told i wouldnt be able to have any more c sections and they wished for me to be sterilised. I was devastated as i desperately want more children and so far all my children have been boys. I got a really good midwife who said she would support me in a vbac but when i went into labour the hospital couldnt get hold of her as it was 3am and the midwife on the ward didnt feel comfortable and so after scaring me saying my heart rate was to high indicating the scar could be under stress i gave in and had a c section. my heart rate was high as i was nervous and there was no thinning to the scar i later found out,  I was in hospital for 3days and the staff were just horrible with me, it seems to be the crime of the century to have 4 c sections and not be sterilised and so drugs were not given on time leaving me in awful pain and when i complained i was told it was because i had just had my 4th c section and basically that was that. I couldnt wait to take my baby home and after promising my husband i would make an official complaint i was just so relieved to be home and in control of my own pain relief i just left it. However my desire to to have another baby and possibly a girl i fell pregnant again, immediately i was told i could not have a trial of labour and as this would be my 5th c section it was srongly recommended that i was sterilised. At my 20 weeks scan i found out im finally getting my girl, im over the moon and feel so blessed but now the pressure is really on as all i keep hearing is uv finally got a girl so its time to stop now and if i refuse to be sterilised the hospital will not support me in another pregnancy. Im so worried as i would love to give birth to long awaited little girl naturally, that way i wont have the c section and the lack of care afterwards, ill be able to go home the same day, i wont have to be sterillised and i can go on to have another child if i want to. Ive tried to look up the risks of vbacx4 but cant really find much information on it. My babys due in 4weeks and theyv already booked my c section for the 17th june, has any1 got any information that can help me?

claretwigg is offline  
#2 of 4 Old 05-28-2011, 09:15 PM
 
mamagranola28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rockies
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just want to say I'm soooo sorry for what you've been through.  My heart goes out to you.  I'm not surprised that you haven't found much information on VBAC after multiple c-section.  I ran across this blog and just loved everything this homebirth midwife in Australia has written.  She is very pro VBAC after more than one c-section.  I would say read everything on her blog to gain courage and information.  Maybe you could contact her.  Maybe she could give you some direction. http://www.homebirth.net.au/  The blog is called Homebirth: A Midwife Mutiny

 

 From what I have read about VBAC after multiple c-sections there is a small increase in risk of uterine rupture but the risk IS STILL small.  It boils down to what kind of risk you feel most comfortable.  Either you can choose the risks for you and baby that come with c-section and pressure to have a tubal ligation or you can choose the risks of possible uterine rupture.  Do the research and check in with yourself.  Your body and your baby will tell you the BEST way to birth in this situation.

 

Best of Luck,

Leah

mamagranola28 is offline  
#3 of 4 Old 05-28-2011, 09:27 PM
 
mamagranola28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rockies
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just saw this on uterine rupture risks for VBACs http://midwifethinking.com/2011/02/23/vbac-making-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill/

mamagranola28 is offline  
#4 of 4 Old 05-28-2011, 10:53 PM
 
JessB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you contacted your local ICAN chapter?  They may be able to provide you with support and some useful information.  Also, here is the link to a study done on VBAmC.  Good luck to you!  Please keep us updated.

 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20374579 

JessB is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off