vba4c + providers out there?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2011, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've received a few requests for this lately and I thought we could start a thread so moms can discuss.  As far as I know, the only vba4c hospital providers that are actively supportive are Dr Fred Cummings in Denton (Dallas) Texas and Dr Joseph Tate in Atlanta. THey will also attend inverted t and j scars.   

Are there any others out there??? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Don't have anyone to add, but Dr. Tate is my OB and he's awesome :)  the Atlanta chapter of ICAN is a great place to get info on him (good and bad) and if anyone is thinking of traveling here from out of state, our group can be an amazing resource for that!

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 12-10-2011, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

that's awesome THorn.  Thanks for adding the info.  I *heard* that someone even flew in from overseas to birth with him.  Is that true???

Old 12-10-2011, 01:54 PM

The North Texas ICAN Chapter has a member who has had 2VBA4C with Dr. Cummings. We also have several members who have had VBA3C with him too, one with an inverted T.

He has also spoken at two of our ICAN meetings, and the turnout was amazing!

Old 12-10-2011, 04:13 PM

Yes, women have come from overseas to birth with him, as well as South America :)

Our chapter has had two triplet VBACs (one was a vba2c), and 21 attempts at vba3c or higher with him since 2007.  Also 4 breech vbacs and 7 breeches in uncut moms.

Yes, I have a spreadsheet geek.gif

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 12-11-2011, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

wow, that is awesome.

For the record, we have two docs in st louis that will do vba3c.  We've not had anyone ask for vba4c+, but maybe they would???  Those docs are Dr Bob Blaskiewicz and Dr Mike Vlastos.  We've had a handful of moms vba3c, so there is a track record of encouragement and support. 

Old 12-11-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyDOK View Post

wow, that is awesome.

For the record, we have two docs in st louis that will do vba3c.  We've not had anyone ask for vba4c+, but maybe they would???  Those docs are Dr Bob Blaskiewicz and Dr Mike Vlastos.  We've had a handful of moms vba3c, so there is a track record of encouragement and support. 

Will those docs deliver breech as well? 

Old 12-11-2011, 09:30 PM

Dr. Cummings was my doc for my VBA3C and so glad he was...things got sticky at the end and he was calm and cool...I truly believe anyone else would have sectioned me.  stillheart.gif 

VBA3C mama!  vbac.giflactivist.gifintactivist.giffambedsingle1.gifribboncesarean.gifsupermod.gifchicken3.gif  grouphug.gif       

Old 03-13-2012, 11:23 PM

Dr. Brad Stetzer at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio, he's amazing. I don't know if he will attend special scar births, but he's approved me for my VBA3C and he was willing to deliver my daughter (my VBA2C attempt) in the Frank Breech position before I used Spinningbabies.com to flip her Cephalic again. The only reason my VBA2C failed is because once I was complete baby girl was still ony at 0 station and not descending any further due to being OP despite pushing for 2 hours.

Mama to Kylee, my Angel who is eternally 7 1/2 months, medically necessary CS in June 2004 at 33 weeks due to severe Pre-e after a LifeFlight and hard, induced, failed labor, Leonidas, Unnecesarean due to a very Pro-CS/Very impatient OB in late 2007, and Baileyana, attempted VBA2C on June 14, 2011.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:03 PM

Dr. Tate is no longer doing any vbacs higher than vba2c due to new policies that the hospital he delivers at. Emory. There is a discussion about it on the Atlanta ican list.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymcnair6 View Post

Dr. Tate is no longer doing any vbacs higher than vba2c due to new policies that the hospital he delivers at. Emory. There is a discussion about it on the Atlanta ican list.

Yes Emory did institute new limits on VBA3+C - dr. tate would still do them but the hospital no longer supports it. There's another practice here, Intown Midwifery, that says they will do them at Atlanta Medical Center. 

Old 03-28-2012, 04:15 PM

Not hospital - but Nancy Wainer in Massachusetts.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:46 PM

Dr. Cummings will catch vaginal breech & twins.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:55 PM

hello I am a mother of 7 and have had 4 C/S. 2 were emergency- one being a true emergency. Anyone know of any docs in the metro east (of St. Louis) willing for VBA4C?

Old 07-11-2012, 11:14 PM

Broody Hen did yu find someone to attend a VBA4C in the St Louis area? I am a doula with a client in So Ill who is interested. Thanks.

User Tag List