How do you find the c-section rate of an individual OB/MW? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-09-2012, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Are c-section rates for individual midwives/OBs public knowledge? I can't find any stats for individuals in my state (NY), I can only find hospital stats on the Dept of Health. Does anyone know where to look?

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

as far as I know, they are not public information.  In my state, they are collected for every ob, but not public.  You could ask your ob, but chances are, he/she may not know it or may underestimate their high rate by saying something like, "I'm mostly high risk" moms or something like that.  One question I suggest asking is, "Of the last ten moms who wanted to vbac, how many did?"  Somehow that makes them think about individual moms and not a rate.  Hopefully, his/her answer will be 8 or above.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:32 PM

I asked. This is a statistic that most practices have. I have no idea how you know if they are being honest or not, but if you ask they should be able to tell you something at least.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:40 PM

Here ya go sweetie :-D http://www.citizen.org/hrg1906tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivineMrsM View Post

Are c-section rates for individual midwives/OBs public knowledge? I can't find any stats for individuals in my state (NY), I can only find hospital stats on the Dept of Health. Does anyone know where to look?

Mama to Kylee, my Angel who is eternally 7 1/2 months, medically necessary CS in June 2004 at 33 weeks due to severe Pre-e after a LifeFlight and hard, induced, failed labor, Leonidas, Unnecesarean due to a very Pro-CS/Very impatient OB in late 2007, and Baileyana, attempted VBA2C on June 14, 2011.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:44 PM

P.S. Every state collects these stats, they're usually available through the state Department of Health.

Mama to Kylee, my Angel who is eternally 7 1/2 months, medically necessary CS in June 2004 at 33 weeks due to severe Pre-e after a LifeFlight and hard, induced, failed labor, Leonidas, Unnecesarean due to a very Pro-CS/Very impatient OB in late 2007, and Baileyana, attempted VBA2C on June 14, 2011.

User Tag List