I would love to hear from Mamas who had a second VBAC or VBAC attempt.
My first child was a Cesarean after a pretty good labor. I dilated at home and was in transition when I went to the hospital. I pushed for 5 hours, but my daughter didn't budge, moved back in fact. Her heart rate was nonreactive, so a Cesarean was recommended. She was perfectly healthy and in great condition when she came out, but had been posterior asynclitic and stuck in my pelvis. She was 9.5 pounds. If I'd known then what I know now about tricks to do for positioning, I would have tried changing the course of things. But alas, I was flat on my back almost the whole time I was pushing.
11 years later and after five miscarriages, I gave birth to a healthy six pound baby boy, who arrived five weeks early, VBAC. My water broke but I didn't go into labor until almost 19 hours later. I did take castor oil about three hours before I went into labor. My labor was just a little over five hours, with two of it pushing. It was fantastic and I didn't have any bad side effects from the castor oil, aside from gas.
So this one definitely feels like a wild card. With a baby boy who was six pounds at 35 weeks, I have my fears about how big this baby might be if s/he goes to term. While I had a successful VBAC, I feel like I had a little help from the universe with an early, small baby. So my confidence is still not at its best.
This pregnancy was a surprise. I will be 45 by the due date. I don't feel in the best of shape, and am still very high risk for a miscarriage (I am only 7 weeks, taking prometrium and seeing an endocrinologist). But so far everything looks really good.
I am considering a homebirth, though there is only one midwife in this area and I live pretty far from the hospital, so I have my concerns.
I would love to hear from other moms about their second VBAC attempts!
two great kids. x 6. happily married.
hi: i my due date is 26 february and i 'm going to try a vbac, i don't know anybody who had try it before, also i have gestational diabetes but i was told that it is under control. Any suggestion?
Hey there, I know kinda late, just wanted to join in. @Fennelseed: Your birth story of your fist child sounds like my son's. Good labor, though mine was intervened beginning to end, long pushing phase of 6 hours and eventually c/s. Turns out he was sunny side up, I couldn't push him out.
Fast forward 17 months (LOL I know, I wanted them close together) I was induced by AROM with my DD at 41 weeks. 2hrs of labor 40 minutes of pushing, there she was, just a tad bit smaller than her big brother.
I'm pregnant again now, not due until mid September but planning another vaginal birth. Well, I'm not really planning it, I'm just letting it happen. My OB (there are not midwifes in our network) suggested VBAC right off the bat, that's totally fine with me, I would not want it any other way.
|35 members and 7,752 guests|
|AlmostJenny , bananabee , BaysButton , bluefaery , Cathchen , elizbethsewell666 , elliha , eternity9111 , greenemami , holdingflowers , japonica , joandsarah77 , jul511riv , katelove , kristinee , lilgreen , LiLStar , mambera , Milk8shake , moominmamma , mumsRus , prosciencemum , pulcetti , SandiMae , sarafl , shahnice , shantimama , spiderdust , Springshowers , sren , TheBugsMomma , tournesol , VS Angela|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.|